GDT: PS Game #1B| Toronto vs. FLYERS (split squad) |Mon., Sep. 22, 2014| 7:00 p.m. ET

bobbyt911

So Stoalie the Goalie? is that his nick? he has played a solid game.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Ra-fell?? :laugh: Who are these guys...

All over. Booth scored on their 3rd shot. Everyone else missed.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Updates if possible on each shot

Akeson deked right and hit his glove

Kadri deked left and hit his pad

Raffl went blocker side over the pad and Heeter saved it with his blocker

Leivo had the puck bounce on his deke

Laughton deked backhand and couldn't get it over him

Booth picked blocker side over the pad.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I only saw the last half of the game and OT. It's coming on again now so I'll watch the start.

Impressions:

Couts really handling and protecting the puck. Read is Read. Didn't see much of Simmonds, got a misconduct for some unknown reason. Akeson joined this line after Simmer left.

Laughton played very well. Smart and fast and hard on the puck. Cousins played well too, very quick on the puck, smart plays. Raffl was probably the most dangerous forward, flying already and scored a nice goal.

Bellemare looked good playing with Rinaldo and Powe, I think it was. Early it was PEB with Zac and Akeson.

Didn't see much of Stortini or Alderson, esp. after Simmonds left.

on D: Del Zotto and Schenn looked good together.
Morin and Alt looked solid. Smart pinches, good passing.
Schultz and Manning were average.

Something we will likely never see again: in the OT, Flyers PP featured Schenn and Morin on the points! Got several good looks each too.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I only saw the last half of the game and OT. It's coming on again now so I'll watch the start.

Impressions:

Couts really handling and protecting the puck. Read is Read. Didn't see much of Simmonds, got a misconduct for some unknown reason. Akeson joined this line after Simmer left.

Laughton played very well. Smart and fast and hard on the puck. Cousins played well too, very quick on the puck, smart plays. Raffl was probably the most dangerous forward, flying already and scored a nice goal.

Bellemare looked good playing with Rinaldo and Powe, I think it was.

Didn't see much of Stortini or Alderson, esp. after Simmonds left.

on D: Del Zotto and Schenn looked good together.
Morin and Alt looked solid. Smart pinches, good passing.
Schultz and Manning were average.

Something we will likely never see again: in the OT, Flyers PP featured Schenn and Morin on the points! Got several good looks each too.

Simmonds got the jump on Holzer & fed him a couple before Holzer bailed out. Simmonds got a 5 & a 10 for it. I don't think the refs felt like dealing with any bs in a preseason game.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Simmonds got the jump on Holzer & fed him a couple before Holzer bailed out. Simmonds got a 5 & a 10 for it. I don't think the refs felt like dealing with any bs in a preseason game.

I was also thinking they may have given Wayne the 10 for the really late hit after the whistle that started it all. Holzer really looked aggressive all game. He's a waiver wire potential pick up, IIRC.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I'm 2/3's of the way through watching this. Some notes...

I don't think Couts/Read have spent a second on the PK, which is a smart move. For the most part Laughton and Raffl have been a pair, and PEB and Rinaldo have been a pair on the PK.

The top PP unit is using the same system as our regular top PP.
Akeson is playing the role of Giroux.
Raffl is playing the role of Hartnell.
Simmer = Simmer
Del Zotto is playing the role of Timonen.
Couturier is playing the role of Voracek, except Couts takes the faceoffs.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Stortini looks like The hound from game of thrones...what an ugly dude. Nice fight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad