GDT: PS #8 // Oilers @ Haie // Oct 3 @ 8 AM MST // TV: SNET

How do you think the Oilers will do this regular season?

• Total voters

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'll be on a plane to Hong Kong by the time the game starts, so if the lines become available and I'm not around, please feel free to update the OP mods!

BFDBFD

Oct 9, 2007
Luanda, Angola
Anyone know where I can get a stream of this? It'll be 3pm here in Luanda, Angola which is just about perfection for a mid-week drinking session. I really don't think SN will be an option for me. Not trying to ask for anything illegal, just wondering if anyone has a source I can try.

Thanks in advance!

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Anyone know where I can get a stream of this? It'll be 3pm here in Luanda, Angola which is just about perfection for a mid-week drinking session. I really don't think SN will be an option for me. Not trying to ask for anything illegal, just wondering if anyone has a source I can try.

Thanks in advance!
doing a good job of it though :D

there'll be something come game time I'm sure

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Thanks in advance!

R ya working the oil rigs?

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy

Thanks in advance!
You could probably use nhl.com's gamecenter. Not sure what the minimum contract lenght is though, I am signed up for the season.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm not even clicking on that horrible earworm video Cloned. Gawd you're evil incarnate! ;) if I listen to that that damn thing will be on nonstop repeat in my brain until I flush it out with decent curative music. I would have to disinfect my ear canals.

Curmudgeon enough? heh

ps enjoy your trip Cloned!

Is there any TV pregame, or coverage of Oilers in Europe or that kind of thing? This is the one time I don't mind there being some extracurricular footage.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I think this will be a good and fun game. Icing on the cake for me is the three former Oilers plaging for Koln. Especially Jones, whatever deficiances he had as a player he always seemed to be a great guy.

Reactions: RegDunlop

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think this will be a good and fun game. Icing on the cake for me is the three former Oilers plaging for Koln. Especially Jones, whatever deficiances he had as a player he always seemed to be a great guy.

I agree.
Pre-season is a big time bore after the first couple of games and this Europe trip adds an entirely new element.
There is a novelty to this that I welcome ...it helps break things up until we get to the games that matter.

Reactions: LaGu

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Gotta love Ryan:
“For me, there’s no better jersey in the league than the oil drop,” said Jones, who tugged on the jersey 247 times and played 334 NHL games in all.

“Yeah, this is my last hockey year. I purchased some real estate five years ago and every year in the summers in Minnesota that’s what I’ve done. But I can say I played 334 NHL games. It wasn’t a cup of coffee.”

I'll be cheering for him in the game, that's for sure. Didn't know it was his last season.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I think after making it through the difficult first couple months of the schedule the Oilers will oscillate between being a bubble team and being comfortably in the playoffs. I'm gonna say they finish with over 100 points to sit in 2nd or 3rd in the division come playoff time, with Vegas and/or San Jose finishing ahead of them.

Anaheim and LA (who will probably get a boost from rookies Vilardi and Anderson-Dolan) will battle for 4th while Shelbyville's vaunted defence carries them to a tie for 6th place finish with Arizona. It will rain in last place Vancouver literally and figuratively from opening night right through to the draft lottery where the sun will peak out at long last with the hope of Jack Hughes only to have the Canucks get the 4th overall pick and the clouds will return due to the increased humidity from crying Canucks fans.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Jones is the best.

Thanks for that, great interview. It stood out a bit when he talked about the decision to come over to Europe.. Despite being a country where you'll get by with English I thought it was interesting to see his reaction and words about it. Very hard decision, not taken lightly, etc. Gives (for me) some context to Euro players going over to NA to play. It's got to be pretty tough.

Edit: and no, I am not talking about Pulju, it's a general point.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
how does one pronounce Haie?

I'll need my taunts ready to shout at my monitor tomorrow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad