Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-9-24_19-50-38.png

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I like the power play a lot better when it has names I recognize

I keep thinking Kuhlman is Marchand

Impressive that they're up two considering that philly has a lot more regulars playing, but Bruins have tended to get tired in the third period this year so far...

Hakstol looks like Mr. Rogers

I will have nightmares about that overgrown muppet

Reactions: Ladyfan

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He's moving really well. Been impressed the few times I saw him this preseason.
No more soccer kicks, lol. Kid was coming into his own late last year, getting physical. Really liking how the dee force the other team by closing the gaps. Under Clode they backed up too much

Reactions: maxbme

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
LA and Vancouver went last year - Kings made the playoffs but were swept by VGK, Vancouver was just bad anyway.

Washington has to go next year.

The equipment snafus really screwed things up, the first never should have happened, the second was weather-related.
ok thx friend. Yeah that equipment thing could not have been much fun to deal with

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Carlo has been the best player on the ice so far.

This is why I want Carlo with Moore or Chara (and not Krug). This is not because I have anything against Krug, but whomever he is paired automatically becomes the “stay at home” guy. I watched Carlo play with Werenski at the WJC’s and he looked extremely comfortable jumping into the play. Last year, towards the end of the season, when Krug and Chara were out, Carlo looked like a different guy. He was more assertive in the D zone and brought the puck up.

Imo, for him to take his development to the next level and becomes a legit two-way D, he needs to play with a partner that allows him to occasionally jump into the play when he has a chance. If Carlo is with Krug, those chances will never come. If he is with Chara or Moore, they will.

Reactions: DKH and wintersej

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
This is why I want Carlo with Moore or Chara (and not Krug). This is not because I have anything against Krug, but whomever he is paired automatically becomes the “stay at home” guy. I watched Carlo play with Werenski at the WJC’s and he looked extremely comfortable jumping into the play. Last year, towards the end of the season, when Krug and Chara were out, Carlo looked like a different guy. He was more assertive in the D zone and brought the puck up.

Imo, for him to take his development to the next level and becomes a legit two-way D, he needs to play with a partner that allows him to occasionally jump into the play when he has a chance. If Carlo is with Krug, those chances will never come. If he is with Chara or Moore, they will.
I agree and think if he is allowed to grow as you described then his ceiling is kind of a poor man's Erik Johnson (which is not bad at all)

the regular top 6 pairings if I had my way:
Chara-Carlo
Moore-McAvoy
Krug-Miller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad