Post-Game Talk: PS 6 - B's hang on to beat Gritty Philly 4-3

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
In China I could have sworn he played the first game there

nope he has not. He is not even cleared for contact

I sort of agree on your point regarding Bjork and Donato. But team doesn't have that kind of luxury. Missed out of Kovalchuk etc

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Bjork hasn’t played a second this pre-season.

Also - if Cassidy chooses Cehlarik over Donato for the start of the season, I would be totally fine with that. Part of me expects it because of how strong Cehlarik is on the cycle. He is an NHL player for sure and I would love the Bruins to find a home for him.

f*** it. If they can win with Cehlarik and give Donato, Frederick, Bjork, Studnicka, etc...top 6 reps in Providence, why not.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bjork hasn’t played a second this pre-season.

Also - if Cassidy chooses Cehlarik over Donato for the start of the season, I would be totally fine with that. Part of me expects it because of how strong Cehlarik is on the cycle. He is an NHL player for sure and I would love the Bruins to find a home for him.

**** it. If they can win with Cehlarik and give Donato, Frederick, Bjork, Studnicka, etc...top 6 reps in Providence, why not.

Per what Cassidy has stated , Donato has already cemented his place in the lineup. Can't see why both Cehlarik and Donato can't make the club. Roster could look like..

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Donato
Cehlarik Heinen Backes
Acciari Kuraly Wagner

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Per what Cassidy has stated , Donato has already cemented his place in the lineup. Can't see why both Cehlarik and Donato can't make the club. Roster could look like..

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Donato
Cehlarik Heinen Backes
Acciari Kuraly Wagner

I do think Nordstrom will be 4LW though and Heinen on the wing for opening night. I'd rather Backes be center but I see them using him as 3RW. I'd like both of Donato and Cehlarik to make it though.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I do think Nordstrom will be 4LW though and Heinen on the wing for opening night. I'd rather Backes be center but I see them using him as 3RW. I'd like both of Donato and Cehlarik to make it though.

you think Nordstrom has done enough to make the lineup?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Mr Cehlarik was the offense today. He stood out

As well Vaaka and Carlo stood out on D

Vladar considering the barrage of shots he faced, played an excellent game. He is better than Mcintyre already

Cehlarik made a backhand saucer pass vs Flames I think in China through a couple sticks for John Moore 's first goal as a Bruin that was a really sweet touch.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
you think Nordstrom has done enough to make the lineup?

Not sure if Acciari is a left-winger; pretty sure Nordstrom is. Haven't watched much of him in pre-season but heard he has the wheels and smarts away from the puck, good positioning and his speed IMO would suit Kuraly and Wagner better (assuming that's the other 2/3 of the fourth line). Good PKer too.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
If anyone has been watching these streams I really hope you can appreciate how good Jack Edwards is at his job. Yeah he’s a goofball and he does go off the deep end occasionally but he is a damn good pbp guy. Way better than most of these other local guys

Yup, and paired with Brick's quite good analysis, it's a good pair.

Meanwhile in Philly tonight we get this goal analysis: "He just took the pass and ... kept going."

Reactions: Chief Nine

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I didn’t like Donato on that 4 on 3. Not just him, there was not a lot of movement without the puck there, which is a must in that situation.

I think that's the biggest thing Donato needs to improve: how to play without the puck. Defensively, I saw a few times tonight when he gave a fairly luke-warm effort at attacking the puck-carrier. Just kind of waved his stick at theirs. When he gets the puck, he can snipe it, but he needs to get better at being without it.

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Cehlarik is making a case to stay up, Cehlarik, Krejci with someone that can shoot the puck could be a deadly combo.

Gryz looked kinda rough, give him third pairing mins & he'll be back to his good ol' self I hope

Reactions: Blowfish

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Cehlarik is making a case to stay up, Cehlarik, Krejci with someone that can shoot the puck could be a deadly combo.

Gryz looked kinda rough, give him third pairing mins & he'll be back to his good ol' self I hope

The question is , will he get the opportunity early?
Moore has looked good. It's like having another Carlo in the lineup

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017

DeBrusk can shoot and pass, pretty darn good at it too. I do remember those three having pretty good chemistry. Between Cehlarik, Donato, Heinen, and Bjork, they have some pretty good internal options for that 2RW spot.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hoping for a job, Lee Stempniak shines in Bruins’ preseason win - The Boston Globe

PHILADELPHIA — Lee Stempniak steered his sunset tour directly under the spotlight Monday night, his goal and two assists leading the Bruins to a 4-3 win over the Flyers in Boston’s final road tuneup of the preseason.

Stempniak, the 35-year-old Dartmouth grad, reported to the Black and Gold training camp two weeks ago on a tryout basis, hoping to secure a spot at right wing. With the 2018-19 regular season set to start Oct. 3, he remains in contention for a roster spot on coach Bruce Cassidy’s 22-man depth chart.

Dan Vladar (34 saves) picked up the win in the Boston net after being staked to a 4-0 lead on goals by Cehlarik, Brandon Carlo, Chris Wagner and Stempniak. The Bruins are now 5-0-1 in the preseason.

The Flyers, without a goal through two periods, struck three times on Vladar in a span of 2:44 in the third, with goals by Dale Weise, Claude Giroux and Travis Konecny.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Yup, and paired with Brick's quite good analysis, it's a good pair.

Meanwhile in Philly tonight we get this goal analysis: "He just took the pass and ... kept going."

Philly's announcers are right there with Florida for the worst in the league:

The rinkside guy is up there with Craig Laughlin in Washington in terms of smallest contribution while also being an ignorant homer.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Zboril did play in China vs the Flames. I do not think any of the young guys grabbed the 3rd center spot. It may be Kuraly's spot to move up. That would leave Acciari, Nordstrom and Wagner for the 4th line. Cehlarik looks too good to be sent down at 6'2" he gives them some size, he can take the hitting in front of the net and protect the puck. He is not overly fast but perfect speed for Krech. If not then Donato has shown he likes to shoot a lot and can be called up.

Lot of tough choices to be made and will Winnik accept being sent down to the AHL or being the 13th forward. He would be nice to keep around, same with Stemp, he actually looked good out there yesterday. Just when I was ready to be done with him. Vlader, Celly, Carlo and Lauzon impressed. Vaak played over 24 minutes, the most of any deemen. Our 3 young defensemen looked very good in comparison to what the Flyers had.

As for Gritty, I thought maybe that was Hartnell coming back to Philly

Last edited:
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Folks might not like this but myself I want Winnik on that 4th line.He can kill penalties as well and is a good veteran presence.Probably gets cut though.

I’d agree if they didn’t sign Nodstrom. So they already have an extra.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
We better not sign Stempniak. Please just no.

Also, I'm going to wait before Cehlarik shows consistency in the regular season before annointing him the next savior. Donato has already had more of an impact in the lineup than Cehlarik ever has in the regular season. He shows these flashes of brilliance and then disappears...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad