Post-Game Talk: PS 6 - BRUINS 3 NYR 1

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Nice but Beecher has been great. His speed has led to bad passes from opponents D and some takeaways. We need that speed. Uptempo and big. Should be great for playoffs. Heinen should sit. But hey we shall see.

Idk I agree with DKH, rangers only goal came when Beecher had possession, he dumped into the offensive zone(no line change occuring), then half heartedly chased after the puck and basically just handed the puck to the rangers. Then the rangers immediately scored off beechers turnover and lack of effort.

Simply can’t have low hockey IQ and low effort plays like that.

Reactions: Gordoff and Kegs

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
But, taking the pre season as a whole, I think he earned a spot for the opener.

Maybe by game 6 that changes, but I don’t think he played himself out of a spot last night.
Numbers game

JVR-Zacha-Pasta
March-Coyle-JDB
Freddy-Poitras-Heinen
Lucic-Geekie-Lauko
Greer

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Thinking you have this dead on! Greer vs Beecher meh I'm good either way. I would like to see Steen on the 3rd line but good with Heinen. Steen has had a great camp as well.
Johnny had a good camp overall

Lot to like

Grow a bushy beard look mean and get a neck tattoo of something tough and get caught on ‘Pangers’ mic calling a player an f’n p***y

Fans will love him

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
@BMC Your boy has an aggressive side. It was great to see

I've always hoped that one day he'd bring the truculence. Overall I think Charlie has really stepped up his game. Now let's see him be consistently this good.

I also loved the way he got his goal. I want to see more of that from him and his teammates. They've got to stop shooting from 20-30 feet out, it is too easy to defend against that.

Is there a video of the fight?

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Don't Geekie, Poitras and Freddy all play some C? Funny that could be a line. I don't think that line is going to have a fun time of it in the NHL, possession-wise. But if you watch the game to be entertained, I think they could be entertaining. I think Monty will be doing his darn best to get them in ozone starts all year, lol.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I've always hoped that one day he'd bring the truculence. Overall I think Charlie has really stepped up his game. Now let's see him be consistently this good.

I also loved the way he got his goal. I want to see more of that from him and his teammates. They've got to stop shooting from 20-30 feet out, it is too easy to defend against that.

What fight? There was no fight.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
This game reflected exactly what everyone is seeing on paper.

Excellent goaltending, very good defense, good special teams and 5 on 5 offense that struggles just to get chances.

Yeah I don't know what to expect when it's for real. But if you told me we were bottom 20% of the league in scoring I'd believe you. Scoring from lines 3, 4 and the D will decide how bad it's gonna be I guess.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yeah I don't know what to expect when it's for real. But if you told me we were bottom 20% of the league in scoring I'd believe you. Scoring from lines 3, 4 and the D will decide how bad it's gonna be I guess.
Bottom 20% would mean losing 73 goals from last year and scoring at a rate worse than the Islanders last year. Really think that’s going to happen?

Reactions: BlackFrancis

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
You're looking at it backwards. He had to play himself into a spot. Just OK won't do that. We'll see.
So, 3-4 really good games get overshadowed by one ok game?

I mean, he’s not exactly battling with Pastrnak for a spot.

I think he’s done more than enough to be the 4c on Wednesda.

Numbers game

JVR-Zacha-Pasta
March-Coyle-JDB
Freddy-Poitras-Heinen
Lucic-Geekie-Lauko
Greer

I don’t see Geekie on the 4th line.

I‘ll probably be wrong about it, but I think Beecher makes it.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I would like to see Poitras stay but please protect him.

I don't want what happened to Bergy early on happen to him.
As the game went on I thought the the chemistry with Fredric was coming along. They might just work well together. Fredric is the closest thing the bruins have to a fighter who can skate with high end talent. I feel like he has been tasked with making sure poitras is some what protected. I don’t think there is much you can do to protect from cheap shots. Poitras has to protect himself. You can try and drop the gloves with someone who cheap shots him but most nhl players that hit hard aren’t scared of being punched in the face.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Wasn't much of a fight because they were off balance befor punches could be thrown. Vesey's lucky because Coyle was irate after getting hit from behind and would have teed off on him.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
As the game went on I thought the the chemistry with Fredric was coming along. They might just work well together. Fredric is the closest thing the bruins have to a fighter who can skate with high end talent. I feel like he has been tasked with making sure poitras is some what protected. I don’t think there is much you can do to protect from cheap shots. Poitras has to protect himself. You can try and drop the gloves with someone who cheap shots him but most nhl players that hit hard aren’t scared of being punched in the face.
I know. He is just so young and skinny. I like him. He looks like a baby up close.

I don't want anything to happen to him.

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
This game reflected exactly what everyone is seeing on paper.

Excellent goaltending, very good defense, good special teams and 5 on 5 offense that struggles just to get chances.
If you can't do the Ali shuffle...

1696601225025.png

Gotta go to the rope a dope

1696601297804.png

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Not a Greer fan? I thought he was great tonight
Don't dislike him. Just behind the competition, IMO. But, it is very close with a lot of players at the bottom of the roster. It would neither surprise nor disappoint me if he made the team.

JVR, Zacha, Pasta
Marchy, Poitras, JDB
Freddy,Coyle,Geekie
Looch,Beecher,Lauko
Hienen

Lohrei , Mac
Lindy, Carlo
Zboril, Mitchell
Shatty

If I didn't set it quite the way you expected you're smart enough to figure it out. If you're not then IDK what to tell ya.

Lots of interchangeable parts but that's my final lineup.

I truly believe this is the best possible lineup from what I saw in the pre-season.

I see many posters putting Poitras as the 3rd line C which I get , but I'm aiming a little higher, and so is he . With all due respect I'm not sure Coyle is a top 6 C. Though I have to admit he has looked the part in the last 2 games. The issue is that I see Poitras more of a top 6 than Coyle. He has recorded points in all but one of the games to date , ironically the game he didn't record a point was his best game in my opinion. Poitras is just a natural and I believe he'l produce wherever you put him because if his linemates aren't cutting it he'll just do it himself. Poitras is a special, player, the sky is the limit here. This guy is 19 years old and showing the maturity way beyond his age. If the FO doesn't see that , fire the lot of them.
I also would prefer that Poitras be the center on the line with Marchy and Jake, and I also think that Coyle is best at 3C. But Poitras showed last night that he could excel at 3C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad