Post-Game Talk: PS 6 - BRUINS 3 NYR 1

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Mason Lohrei should 100% be part of this hockey team.

If Bruins management goes the conservative route here, then they are as bad as Monty's coaching in the playoffs. Going with old veterans over these promising young kids is a losing formula, every single time. The fan base is excited and after the departure of Krech and Bergeron, we want to see young blood, not old veterans on the downslope of their career. Risk takers get rewarded, while staying in the lane usually never does. My fear is that management goes for the status quo. Plodding veterans over the kids. How utterly boring.

Let's see what they do?
You called it sadly.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
If Greer makes the team who doesn't? Lucic? Lauko? Beecher? There's still too many bodies. Especially if we keep Poitras (which we should).

I don't hate Greer, but I think he's the one more likely to get waived and not claimed.
honestly i havent been tracking lines and players. but all those players you list should be on the team.
beecher is the unknown from me.
he has shown he has breakaway speed.
i was assuming greer was in or heinen. id rather greer than heinen.

Reactions: Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
honestly i havent been tracking lines and players. but all those players you list should be on the team.
beecher is the unknown from me.
he has shown he has breakaway speed.
i was assuming greer was in or heinen. id rather greer than heinen.
You can't have them all though. Too many similar bodies and not enough roster spots. So you have to waive some of them. No other choice.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Hypothetically I think not rewarding your home grown talent that earned a spot outta camp sends a worse message than waiving multiple UFAs.
Maybe.

But draftees don’t have as much freedom of Movement.

I’m more afraid of the effect it will have on UFA’s.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Maybe.

But draftees don’t have as much freedom of Movement.

I’m more afraid of the effect it will have on UFA’s.
Yeah for sure roster wise it’s a more difficult decision but when it comes to message sending I think rewarding the best players, regardless of contract situation, outta camp is the best message you could send. But obviously as a GM that’s almost impossible to follow as the business gets in the way.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Idk I agree with DKH, rangers only goal came when Beecher had possession, he dumped into the offensive zone(no line change occuring), then half heartedly chased after the puck and basically just handed the puck to the rangers. Then the rangers immediately scored off beechers turnover and lack of effort.

Simply can’t have low hockey IQ and low effort plays like that.
Good call. I have never been a Beecher fan but i really like what I have seen from him in the ore season. Kid has speed and size. I have been surprised by his offence.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00