Post-Game Talk: PS 5 - Red Wings 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm guessing NESN will not be showing this

Nope. Usually for preseason away games, we either get the home team RSN's feed on NHLN, or we get nothing. For whatever reason, FSN Detroit has decided not to send their crew to the Pizzadome - I presume partially because they don't want to cannibalize FSN Detroit coverage of the Tigers with FSN+ coverage of a preseason game, and partially because there's probably not a whole lot of demand. I vaguely recall noting that there was coverage of their game against the Hawks - don't know if that was Chicago's folks or Detroit, or even where the game took place.

NESN hasn't sent their folks to an away preseason game in awhile (if ever), if I'm remembering properly. Still, it sucks. NESN usually only shows 2 out of 3 home games, but I think the last 1-2 years, they threw up the arena feed you could get on nhl.bruins.com if you were local - audio from 98.5. Detroit could have done the same. *sigh*

The good news is we (probably) will get video coverage of the game in Philly on Monday. The bad news is it'll be on at 2:30 AM Tuesday on NHLN.

Wednesday's home game against the Wings will be on NESN+ (Orioles@Sox on NESN).

Saturday's home game gets the full NESN treatment (Yankees@Sox is a nationally broadcast game I imagine.)

Last edited:

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Anybody know how the Wings have been so far this offseason?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It’s really infuriating that they don’t give their fans access to these games but will jam Red Sox down our throats. Jacobs has no clue. Has no pull with NESN. Yet, a game in China is broadcast. Let’s not take care of the locals who fill their pocket. Unreal. Sad that I have to look for the opposing teams stream to watch games. Washington’s stream was excellent.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Good(ish) news, everyone!

No idea if it's locked to the Detroit market. I bet the FOX Sports app version is, but I don't know about Facebook.

MrMars

May 26, 2006
I know it would never happen but would love to see Jacobs cash in on his % of NESN (Red Sox would buy it in a heartbeat) get his TV rights back and sell then to NBC Sports Boston, Bruins would get such better coverage and would be willing to bet every pre season game would be on.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
I know it would never happen but would love to see Jacobs cash in on his % of NESN (Red Sox would buy it in a heartbeat) get his TV rights back and sell then to NBC Sports Boston, Bruins would get such better coverage and would be willing to bet every pre season game would be on.

Except NBC sucks at doing hockey... no thanks.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

What about on nights they compete with the Celtics?

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Our only hope for TV is of the Wings stream the scoreboard video. My understanding is none of the players who went to China will go to Detroit.

That is correct my friend, all have a couple days off..Bruins play I believe Philly Monday and I would imagine some play then..I hope Jakub Lauko is healed up and ready for that one. Love for him to get another game in.

Here's the banged up boys but nothing serious.
  • Sean Kuraly is dealing with a lower-body injury from Tuesday's game against Washington. He has been given maintenance days the last two practices and did not skate. Cassidy expects him to be available for Monday's game against Philadelphia.
  • Ryan Fitzgerald is battling a lower-body injury from Sunday's game against Washington and his timeline is uncertain.
  • Jakub Lauko sustained an injury in practice on Thursday and did not skate Friday. His status remains uncertain but he will not play in Saturday's game against Detroit.
  • Charlie McAvoy did not play in Wednesday's game against Calgary due to illness. Cassidy said he felt lightheaded, but should be fine by the games next week.
  • Jake DeBrusk is recovering from the stomach ailments he experienced at the end of the China trip, with Cassidy saying he assumed it was a "24-hour job.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland

For tonight:

Forwards: Martin Bakos, Anton Blidh, Colby Cave, Peter Cehlarik, Danton Heinen, Cameron Hughes, Karson Kuhlman, David Krejci, Mark McNeill, Tanner Pond, Zach Senyshyn, Lee Stempniak, Daniel Winnik

Defensemen: Axel Andersson, Zdeno Chara, Connor Clifton, Cody Goloubef, Emil Johansson, Steven Kampfer, Jeremy Lauzon

Goaltenders: Zane McIntyre, Dan Vladar

I hope this is the last game that Lee Stempniak or Daniel Winnik take from two of our younger players. Nothing against either and I expect they were mainly brought in to lol, make up enough since we had more than half the team overseas. BUT I'm sure other teams were keeping a close eye on them and talking to the Bruins as to how well they were playing. Maybe one if not two of them may hook on with another team..Certainly wish them the best.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I hope this is the last game that Lee Stempniak or Daniel Winnik take from two of our younger players. Nothing against either and I expect they were mainly brought in to lol, make up enough since we had more than half the team overseas. BUT I'm sure other teams were keeping a close eye on them and talking to the Bruins as to how well they were playing. Maybe one if not two of them may hook on with another team..Certainly wish them the best.

Winnik has looked good on his PTO so you may see him stick around a bit longer. Stempniak looks cooked though.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Winnik has looked good on his PTO so you may see him stick around a bit longer. Stempniak looks cooked though.

Winnik is a LW'er but takes the occasional faceoff, according to his stats, matbe 2-3 a game. Likely when his centreman is thrown out. You never know, maybe 13th forward but personally I want the job to go to one of the kids and I believe the front runner is JFK.. I think Frederic is a year away and will follow the foot steps of DeBrusk. One season in the A and job is his next season. I dont think Studnicka looks as good as he did last yrs training camp. Maybe he's trying too hard or maybe it's just me. Watching him play 2 games is quite a small sample size. But unlike Frederic or JFK, he cant go to the AHL..He reports back to his Jr team..Unless they give him a 9 game stint and if he dont make it, it also gives them that time slot to see who's playing better in Providence. Huh, I never thought of that til now..Think it might be a good idea??

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Winnik is a LW'er but takes the occasional faceoff, according to his stats, matbe 2-3 a game. Likely when his centreman is thrown out. You never know, maybe 13th forward but personally I want the job to go to one of the kids and I believe the front runner is JFK.. I think Frederic is a year away and will follow the foot steps of DeBrusk. One season in the A and job is his next season. I dont think Studnicka looks as good as he did last yrs training camp. Maybe he's trying too hard or maybe it's just me. Watching him play 2 games is quite a small sample size. But unlike Frederic or JFK, he cant go to the AHL..He reports back to his Jr team..Unless they give him a 9 game stint and if he dont make it, it also gives them that time slot to see who's playing better in Providence. Huh, I never thought of that til now..Think it might be a good idea??

If Winnik is signed on, I'd prefer him in an 13/14th forward role who fills in if needed. I definitely wouldn't want him taking over as the 3rd line center role over a kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad