GDT: PS #5 - 09/28/15 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

bannergdt.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2015/2016 PRESEASON
GAME #5 - 09/28/2015

vs
PHI: 3-1-0_________NYR: 2-1-1

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, NHLNET

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@PHI 9/22/15 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - FLYERS.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

PRESEASON SCHEDULE:

preseasonschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

Me and Chris, obviously we've played together since Day 1, almost. We've built a lot of chemistry together.
We know where we're going to be and what our strengths are. I know what Chris's thought process is.
I always tell him to go with your gut, whatever your gut says first do that, and I'll work off that.
- Derek Stepan

I feel good about my game. I think it fits well with how we play here.
- Viktor Stalberg

There's a lot of competition at center. We put Lindberg back in the middle tonight and Dominic Moore on the wing
So we've got some decisions to make as we move forward.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="PHILADELPHIA FLYERS"]

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
| |
| |
| |
| |

LD | RD
|
|
|

Scratched
|

STARTING GOALIE:

MasonSteve_1.png

Steve Mason

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan | Rick Nash
J.T. Miller | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Viktor Stalberg | Kevin Hayes | Jesper Fast
Emerson Etem | Dominic Moore | Jarett Stoll

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi
Keith Yandle | Dylan McIlrath
Marc Staal | Dan Boyle

Scratched
|

STARTING GOALIE:

raanta.png

Antti Raanta

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboys2a.png

Last edited:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I prefer Nash as a LWer...and I prefer Zucc as a RWer...having them on separate lines makes a lot of sense.

Generally I prefer goal scorers on their off wing, and playmakers on their strong side. opens the ice up more for passing if youre a playmaker, and opens the shooting lanes more if youre a goal scorer.

just my 2 cents.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
As of now, I don't think Etem should be making this team, although a good game tonight could really help.

I think Etem should absolutely make this team.

I don't however think he should be in the starting lineup on opening night...hes played himself out of that role.

Though to be fair, its not like Stoll has exactly played himself into that role either.

Id be fine with Etem on the 4th line with Moore and Lindberg.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
i do often wonder about the statistical benefit of having 2 elite centers on the same line for the purposes of defensive zone draws.

have your first center cheat like a mofo to win the draw...if he gets thrown out, you still got an elite guy behind him to try to take it legally. Id bet the numbers show that when put together, they win more draws than when apart....

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
So glad we are going with the firepower this game to show up Philly. Finally get to see all the guys in action together. I'm loving our top 9

LGR!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Etem should absolutely make this team.

I don't however think he should be in the starting lineup on opening night...hes played himself out of that role.

Though to be fair, its not like Stoll has exactly played himself into that role either.

Id be fine with Etem on the 4th line with Moore and Lindberg.

Stoll's been okay, but Etem has just been terrible. I know people think he has "potential" but I want us to win games. I don't care about the potential of some guy that the Ducks wanted to get rid of. Just like with John Moore, there's a point where you gotta stop worrying about draft position and move on from a player who isn't getting the job done.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Stoll's been okay, but Etem has just been terrible. I know people think he has "potential" but I want us to win games. I don't care about the potential of some guy that the Ducks wanted to get rid of. Just like with John Moore, there's a point where you gotta stop worrying about draft position and move on from a player who isn't getting the job done.

And you're ready to make this proclamation after a couple of preseason games?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

yeh I was going to say--we JUST got this guy 4 months ago, he's moved to NYC from California (just imagine his nerves right now, that alone is a huge step), he has all new teammates, with a new coach, is learning a completely new (and mind you VERY difficult) playing system, for one of the biggest teams in hockey....

And we're going to hate him after 2 preseason games? my goodness, at least give the kid 20-30 games to warm up. He's human, not a machine

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York

I agree. Etem IMO doesn't deserve a spot in the lineup off his preseason and if making him 13th forward/AHL or waving him creates extra room for Lindberg, I'm even more for it. I see Lindberg right now as a 4th liner with heavy PK time, maybe 3rd liner with Hayes as the season moves on.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I like the forward lines, but I'd like to see a couple minor tweaks for opening the regular season. Lindberg in for Etem and switched with Stalberg. Lindberg can take faceoffs on the line with Hayes and Fast. Stalberg has the right physical play for 4th line and I think him on a line with Moore and Stoll is really a line that can take a regular shift and create some offense while be very sound defensively.

I really like the idea of Kreider, Step and Nash back together.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
...but Pavel Buchnevich is a sure fire top line NHL player

Lol.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Etem has shown great straight-ahead speed, and decent strength on the puck. He's basically been as advertised: A guy with some great physical tools who can't put it all together. IMO, he's done nothing to warrant a spot in the starting lineup.

Nash - Brass - Zucc
Kreider - Step - Miller
Lindberg - Hayes - Fast
Stalberg - Moore - Stoll

That's my forward group. Etem probably sticks as the 13th forward because Glass is less likely to be claimed on waivers, and can be recalled if necessary.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009

What else do we have to go off of? He wasn't exactly lighting it up in Anaheim. You would think a player fighting for a roster spot would flash more and would be hungry but he hasn't exactly impressed. I'm hoping he's the extra forward at this point and be patient as he grows. But he hasn't showed anything yet to have a spot in the opening line up

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Well, this is possible Flyers line up (but not confirmed):

Raffl - Giroux - Voracek
Umberger - Gagner - Simmonds
Read - Lecavalier - Schenn
VandeVelde - Laughton - White

Schultz - Streit
Del Zotto - Medvedev
Manning - Schenn

Mason

Nice to see a strong (possible opening night) line up from Rangers. Hoping for a great game! :)

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015

Exactly.

People seem to forget it took all of our guys 3 months of regular season hockey in 2013-2014 before AV's system clicked for them.

This kid has had 3 preseason games and we're writing him off already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad