GDT: PS #4 OILERS "Not near as strong team as we had here" @ JETS "big guns in the line up"

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Koskinen gets a full game.

Line up, no idea yet. Could be something like this:
Khaira - Strome - Puljujarvi
Caggiula - Brodziak - Kassian
Chiasson - Marody - Yamamoto
Nurse - Benning
Gravel - Russell
Jerabek - Bear

EDIT: Honestly I thought the game was yesterday, not today.

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Montoya is fine for 1 more year as a backup. If the plan to sign Koskinen was to light a fire under Talbots ass during the off season and make him uncomfortably then I hope it worked. I’ll reserve judgement on Koskinen until I see him in 2 more games.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Against Winnipeg’s big guns no less.

To me this is McLellan telling Koskinen to sink or swim - no matter how fat your contract is your roster spot is not guaranteed.

Haha, throw him in with the sharks and see if he sinks or swims. Not a bad idea actually. I hope he does well.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Against Winnipeg’s big guns no less.

To me this is McLellan telling Koskinen to sink or swim - no matter how fat your contract is your roster spot is not guaranteed.

I agree. When we signed him I had my concerns because he was playing on a team in Russia that had mad depth and the puck was sometimes rarely in his own zone and if you have ever attended a game in the KHL you know that things like shots on goal and saves are not kept that well by that league and some team pad their stats

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
Which one? The fast one or the even faster on?
I doubt that we send McDavid or McLeod to WPG.

Based on TMac's interview it sounds like McDavid will not be playing. I think McLeod will be otherwise they would have sent him down already. One thing I'm wondering is if they'll put rattie in again. Aberg will probably be in the lineup.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
Which one? The fast one or the even faster on?
I doubt that we send McDavid or McLeod to WPG.

I think that McLeod will make an excellent penalty killing 3C in a few years. Exactly the kind of speed and tenacity that you need in the playoffs too. Awesome pick at 40.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Based on TMac's interview it sounds like McDavid will not be playing. I think McLeod will be otherwise they would have sent him down already. One thing I'm wondering is if they'll put rattie in again. Aberg will probably be in the lineup.
Rattie should rest unless they want him to go for some pre season scoring record. There is no need to play McD in an away game. There is no rust to shake off so he shouldn't even play the home games vs CGY and VAN next week.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
If Koskinen craps the bed this year I wonder what scout gets fired. I am sure PC did not just come up with that signing by himself.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
They sent McDavid down to the AHL so he can work on his faceoffs.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
If Koskinen craps the bed this year I wonder what scout gets fired. I am sure PC did not just come up with that signing by himself.
mactavishajfkadf.jpg

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I doubt McLeod gets a 4th game in a row. I think it's quite possible that last "reward" game was his adios game actually. Got to play on a vet line as a reward for his solid play in camp so far.

They'll likely want him to get back to his Junior team ASAP so he can get his season underway there as the regular season has already started in the OHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad