Post-Game Talk: PS 4 - Flyers 3 BRUINS 1

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
BOSTON – The Boston Bruins announced today the roster and schedule for their preseason game at the Philadelphia Flyers on October 2.

GAME ROSTER:

Forwards: Jesper Boqvist, Justin Brazeau, Patrick Brown, Charlie Coyle, Jake DeBrusk, Morgan Geekie, A.J. Greer, Fabian Lysell, Marc McLaughlin, Matt Poitras, Anthony Richard, Oskar Steen

Defensemen: Mike Callahan, Brandon Carlo, Hampus Lindholm, Ian Mitchell, Dan Renouf, Reilly Walsh

Goaltenders: Brandon Bussi, Jeremy Swayman

BRUINS SCHEDULE:

Monday, October 2 (Boston, MA | Philadelphia, PA)

-Pre-game skate, 11:30 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena)

-Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following pre-game skate

-Travel to Philadelphia

-Preseason game at Philadelphia Flyers, 7 p.m. (Wells Fargo Center | TV: NESN | Radio: 98.5)

-Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

-Travel to Boston

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Eyes on Boqvist, Brown, Lysell, McLaughlin, Poitras, Steen and Mitchell.

Brown is the 'safe' option for 4C, so interested to see how he looks first time out here. Lysell had a disappointing first game. I don't think he's seriously in the mix for a roster spot this year, but all the same this is an important opportunity for him to put that aside, lay down a marker and impress. Poitras equally I'd say is not ready yet, but he's been really good so simply excited to see him out there again.

Boqvist is right in the battle for a bottom 6 spot, so expect him to go hard. Same for McLaughlin and Steen. They feel like longer shots, but all they can do is play their best and hope that's good enough.

Mitchell was intriguing in his first game. He's around the mark for a 6/7D spot. Good chance for him to make his case again here.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Forwards: Jesper Boqvist, Justin Brazeau, Patrick Brown, Charlie Coyle, Jake DeBrusk, Morgan Geekie, A.J. Greer, Fabian Lysell, Marc McLaughlin, Matt Poitras, Anthony Richard, Oskar Steen

Defensemen: Mike Callahan, Brandon Carlo, Hampus Lindholm, Ian Mitchell, Dan Renouf, Reilly Walsh

All serious contenders to make the team...going to be an interesting game.

-------------

Within a week the bruins could lose some good players ... Mitchell Boquist new Steen and Richard worry be the most.

-----------

From @ON3M4N

These are the guys I see competing for spots and/or require waivers.

Forwards
Brown
Boqvist
Greer
Lauko*
Steen*
Megna*
Richard*

Defensemen
Mitchell
Regula*
Walsh*
Wotherspoon*
Renouf*

Reactions: HustleB

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

All serious contenders to make the team...going to be an interesting game.

-------------

Within a week the bruins could lose some good players ... Mitchell Boquist new Steen and Richard worry be the most.

-----------

From @ON3M4N

These are the guys I see competing for spots and/or require waivers.

Forwards
Brown
Boqvist
Greer
Lauko*
Steen*
Megna*
Richard*

Defensemen
Mitchell
Regula*
Walsh*
Wotherspoon*
Renouf*
I don’t think Walsh, Wotherspoon, Renouf, Regula or Megna are ‘serious contenders to make the team.‘

Callahan has been better than all those D and he’s still behind Mitchell and Lohrei.

I'd put Megna behind Beecher at least.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
What's the deal with Brazeau? 45 points in the AHL at his size, can he be a late bloomer or is he truly that awful of a skater?

Reactions: aguineapig72

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
What's the deal with Brazeau? 45 points in the AHL at his size, can he be a late bloomer or is he truly that awful of a skater?
Since Farabee has turned into the new Vanek against the B's, here's hoping Brazeau can turn into the second coming of Tim Kerr😊.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Another look at Poitras is very exciting, he's given us all a lot to look forward to. Wonder who gets the start. Bussi having another good game may stir the pot a little
Will be interesting if they put him at wing tonight . . . they certainly want a good look at him considering how much time hes getting in these games so far.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Coyle, DeBrusk, Poitras and Lysell. Curious who the linemates for these folks will be.

I suspect we will see Coyle and DeBrusk together. If we see DeBrusk with Poitras instead that would be something I would read into a lot. But, I doubt we see it. But will Lysell get a shot on the wing with Coyle and DeBrusk as a chance to show what he can do with real NHL talent, or is he already destined for Providence?

Edit: lol well there is my answer below.

Last edited:
Reactions: quietbruinfan

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Excited to see boys tonight. I'll be hyperfocused on Pots and Lysell!

No injuries please!

You already know the drill!
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad