GDT: PS #3 // Jets @ Oilers // Sept 20 @ 7 PM MST // Streaming // TV: NHL Center Ice, Rogers Gamecenter

How would you rate Cloned's musical selections?

• Total voters

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
I wonder how all of those Jets fans that were saying we only beat their C team are feeling tonight with Calgary's C team beating their A team.
Just said the same thing over in the Around the League thread. Getting outshot 2:1 despite a PP advantage.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Everyone should know by now that the pre-season is a random roll of the dice when it comes to results... especially the 1st 4-5 games which are a mixture of ABCDE level players with little regard for actual structure and systems in games.

At best it's a way to help get the rust out of some players and you just hope they don't get injured before the season actually starts.

Syyncrow

Dec 16, 2017
Hey sorry for the semi random question, I didn’t want to start a whole new thread for it. I’m looking to hook up Telus Optik TV and I’m wondering if I can survive watching Oilers games with just The Sportsnet package or will I need the full popular sports pack? If anyone knows it’ll be much appreciated. Live in Red Deer.

Been watching highlights online othwerise and have been enjoying how nuge and Rattie are looking so far.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Hey sorry for the semi random question, I didn’t want to start a whole new thread for it. I’m looking to hook up Telus Optik TV and I’m wondering if I can survive watching Oilers games with just The Sportsnet package or will I need the full popular sports pack? If anyone knows it’ll be much appreciated. Live in Red Deer.

Been watching highlights online othwerise and have been enjoying how nuge and Rattie are looking so far.
Popular Sports pack will save you a bunch of money. The Oilers' games are on CBC, Sportsnet (West), Sportsnet ONE, Sporstnet Oilers, and one game will be on Sportsnet 360. Popular Sports gets you all those channels (except CBC, which is part of the Essentials package) for $16/month.

The Sportsnet pack only gets you Sportsnet West, East, Ontario, and Pacific, for $14/month. You'd have to also order the Sportsnet ONE pack for another $9 month, and then the Sportsnet 360 channel separately for $7/month.

Last edited:

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Says Rattie had only 10:08 of ice time. Is that right? Dude plays the least amount on the team but gets 5 points on the night.

Oct 15, 2008
Faulk is brutal defensively , I think I have a good handle on judging players Nurse Pul Rattie so forth Faulk has a good shot end of story , when someone has been in the league as long as him and still playing like a echl dman in his own zone there is no helping him period. do you think Gagnerc an help any team at this point in his career ? if you answer no you have the same answer for Faulk .

Who can argue with logic like that?

Reactions: guymez

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I kept seeing stuff about how McDavid was going to be on the left wall in our all LHS 1st PP unit, but noticed in this game, he was just on the right and Nuge on the left. Basically the same PP we ended last season with. Except before Lucic's goal when McDavid was on the left, followed his shot and then ended up in the slot and Drai took over the right side.

Was the McDavid on left wall something that was happening in practice, and maybe it'll happen soon in game time? Or was that all just made up?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Do you think Faulk helps the Hurricanes win, do you think he is good at defending ?
Does Klefbom help Oilers win? Is he good at defending?
Not sure what kind of question this is. Why would Faulk get 22+ mins every night for the last 5yrs if he wasn't good? This isn't a fringe AHL/NHLer nor an over the hill Dman. Faulk hits, gets points and plays big minutes. I would take him over Benning for sure.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Does Center ice have all NHL preseason games ?
I think anything that is being broadcast will on be there. Some people are getting the preseason games as part of the free preview for NHL Centre Ice. It depends on who your provider is (and maybe what hardware you have?). I've got Telus and am not getting the channels unlocked but others with Telus are. My older brother has Shaw and can watch.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Not sure what kind of question this is. Why would Faulk get 22+ mins every night for the last 5yrs if he wasn't good? This isn't a fringe AHL/NHLer nor an over the hill Dman. Faulk hits, gets points and plays big minutes. I would take him over Benning for sure.
Klefbom is way better at defending than Faulk , also way better skater way smarter .no need for Faulk on this team and would also mean sacraficing 2/3 players to aquire him because at Some point Sekera 5.5 million comes back on the cap

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Schultz played big minutes here too, doesn't mean he was good at it.

Oilerfan1000

Jun 4, 2018
I think the Oiler defence has taken a big stride forward. It was only last year the Gryba was getting minutes. If ever there was signal that your defence is weak and has no depth, it is when Gryba gets minutes.

50% unknown and unproven, but lots of potential, and some prospects sent back to the farm.

Getting a read on Benning has been tough. Is he good, or does he just have good moments. I really thought they wouldn’t resign him as 3rd pairing veterans aren’t hard to find.

Hopefully he comes out and plays solid defensively. Was very tired of watching the oilers bantam league approach to clear the zone last year. Pre season games indicate a better approach this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad