Post-Game Talk: PS 1A - Providence-Boston 2 Hershey-Washington 1 F SO

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Hoping zach has a chance to move up the line up next game. Saw a better zach in Buffalo. Bruins are preparing him for 3rd or 4th line duty that’s for certain but still want to see him get a chance with some elite skilled players.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Heard Lauko played well. Did he play well enough to add to the 2nd like RW list?

He's still so young I don't think they will have any reason to rush him with the surplus of other options available.

I'd still like to see him develop as a center which is the position he played when he was drafted. I haven't seen them state explicitly whether they view him as a center or a winger.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
He's still so young I don't think they will have any reason to rush him with the surplus of other options available.

I'd still like to see him develop as a center which is the position he played when he was drafted. I haven't seen them state explicitly whether they view him as a center or a winger.

Yeah. I would hope they'd give him an extended look if he proved it but we do have a surplus.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It is new and very distracting. The new bright lighting I like...The lighted B's logs not so much
I think the Predators did the same thing at Bridgestone last year. I haven't seen it in person yet. I'm not a fan...I think people know who the home team is. Wonder if they also put the Celtics logo on during their games.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Axel and Lauko my favorites for the kids today.

Hope I am wrong, don't see it with Senyshyn. I mean, I liked his couple big battles in the corner, but just don't see the offense.

Krejci, Heinen and Chara all obviously a step above. Krejci and Heinen are fun watching together, but that third person on that line has to be a shooter. Donato would work. Not sure if Pasta would avoid joining the giant perimeter triangles, too.

Ummm...

DeBrusk-Krejci-Heinen

?

JDB can shoot the puck.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Lauko looked like Pasta jr. ... nose for the puck and aggressive. Good skater
Anderson had good moments but also a few bad ones. Like on the 3 on 3 letting a man zip past him ... good save by Zane

I agree with many. Lauko stood out (along with Zane). Lauko keeps this up and pots a few more and at least he will survive the "cutting the roster down game"

Guessing after Wed vs Flames ... the roster will be trimmed quite a bit (Thanos snap of a finger). Prob rest most of the vets (jetlag) for next Saturdays game. Before the regular season roster starts shaping up

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Kid goes out, has a tussle his first shift, then......nothing. Didn't see the skating, didn't see the speed. Rarely had the puck.

It is getting closer to reality that Sweeney messed up this pick. Also Zboril. Though Zboril still looks like he could play 3rd pair in the near future

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Don't think so but I think we'll see him in Providence this year. Hard to believe he was a third round pick this year.

Is he eligible to play down at Prov? I thought it was NHL or go back Czech Republic

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Did Senshyn fight someone? Looks like Vladar and Mcyntyre could both be future Bs goalies

yup he did. But outside of this was a ghost out there tonight. Concerning for a guy that needs to take that next leap to have any kind of shot to making the NHL one day

Zane played well tonight. Composed. I'm liking what I'm seeing from both Vladar and Mcintyre so far. Vladar starts next game

Last edited:
Reactions: VegasPatriot

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Is he eligible to play down at Prov? I thought it was NHL or go back Czech Republic
the 20 year old rule is for Canadian juniors players, some agreement about them being sent back to juniors until they are 20.

Pasta played some in Providence as an 18 year old if I recall correctly

Reactions: rocketdan9

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I think you are thinking of Studnicka, who is NHL or OHL.

Sweeney said this last week. If he keeps playing like this its gonna be hard for management to send him back.

The question about the Czech forward is where he’ll play this year. He’s got three options — Providence, the Czech pro league or the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
“That’s undetermined,” said Bruins general manager Don Sweeney about Lauko’s next stop. “His preference would be to play in Providence, to sign and play there, but that league is tough for young players. We want to see him play in as offensive a role as possible. He has an opportunity to play back in the Czech Republic and that’s likely where he’ll end up. Certainly there’s the Quebec league, which is pining for him to go play there. That’s still an option. We’re going to go through camp, reconvene with him and his representatives and see where it goes.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I think you are thinking of Studnicka, who is NHL or OHL.

Sweeney said this last week. If he keeps playing like this its gonna be hard for management to send him back.

I mean already sounds like Sweeney is not going to give him a chance to play down at Providence, regardless of what happens in pre season. Which is kind of understandable since its going to be a full house down there also

Still best players should stay. If Lauko can can make the cut after Wed game, he should be allowed to play down at Providence

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad