GDT: PS #1 | "Midnight" | Jets @ Oilers | Sept 16 @ 7:00 PM MST

Are you excited for the upcoming season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
@tbcwpg

Be interesting to see Letestu again.
How’s Stanley, Appleton and Roslovic looking in camp?

Tough to say since it's only been drills. I haven't heard good or bad one way or the other so far. I know that Stanley last season was better than most thought he would be at an AHL level so it'll be interesting to see him.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Yes that’s the league mandated minimum.

Yeah, but teams play loosely around that rule. I believe guys like Malone, Jurco, Bear, Gambardella, etc. count because they have played in the NHL. Then you thrown in a Cave-level player and you can get some pretty underwhelming lineups.

However, this one is at home, so I imagine the Oilers throw a few interesting guys out there to keep their ticket buying public content. Tomorrow's lineup in Vancouver is likely to be pretty bad though.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I bet it’s blacked out in this region.

Of course it will be, as it always is, because TSN has the rights to the Jets games. The Oilers themselves create part of this confusion of fans here not knowing what will occur. In their schedule they state that the game is available on TSN3, yet they also have stated the game is subject to blackouts.

Unless TSN, or Shaw or other carriers forget for some reason this is a blackout game in Edmonton. you could see it in Winnipeg, not that that is a lot of help to Oilers fans.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Was just going to post this.

Confirmed on Oilers websiteView attachment 254877

Actually the Oilers have confirmed that the game is subject to regional restrictions, is blacked out, and will be streamed on multiple sites. This is a streaming only game people, unfortunately.

I don't want anybody setting their PVR and assuming they will get to see the game. The stream should be archived on the Oilers board though, I would think.

Reactions: KYams17

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Its on Centre Ice and I think its free right now? They usually have it free for a couple weeks...

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Looks like we’re running lines 2-3-4 and 5 tonight. Interested to see how Persson Nygard and Haas does and how Samwise fits on the left side with RNH and Neal, the Lucic Migraine Relief.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Rumours Roster for tonight

Based on this rumour I would expect

Gagner - Nuge - Neal
Nygard/Benson - Sheahan - Chiasson
Benson/Nygard - Haas - Archibald
Khaira - Cave - Russell

Klefbom - Persson
Jones/Lagesson - Bouchard
Lagesson - Benning

Skinner
Wells

Goalies probably split.

For the first pre-season game, that's a pretty solid lineup.

7 forwards likely to make roster, 2 more with decent chances and 3 medium to long shots.

Likely at least three d-men from that group make the team as well. The only question is which ones.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Definitely tuning in..

Well, I mean I would have anyways but we get to see the RNH/Neal pairing as well as Nygaard and Haas and Persson.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Holy moly! What deep dark place has this excitement came from.....

Haven’t felt this way since the last time we had a new Coach, GM and drafted that Connor kid.

It ain’t going to shit this time boys and girls so hang on for the ride.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The fact that it's the first home game and the public has started to get restless might be why there is a decent lineup. But it may be a sign that Tippett is really determined to get to his top 30 players quick and using camp to establish chemistry and to ensure they are prepared game 1. I sure hope it's the latter.

With this said, though, expect a pretty mediocre team tomorrow. Looking at the rest of the bodies in camp, we'll likely see 12 out of Draisaitl, Kassian, Granlund, Jurco, Gambardella, Marody, Currie, Malone, McLeod, Hebig, Maksimov, Safin, Vesey which isn't too inspiring. On defense, 6 of Nurse, Larsson, Bear, Manning, Lowe, Day, Samorukov.

In true pre-season form, though, expect today's team to lose and tomorrow to win.

Essentially, it seems today's is 2-3-4-5th lines, with 2-3-5 on defense, so that tomorrow becomes 1-6-7-8 with 1-4-6. Don't mind the idea.

Reactions: MessierII

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I agree... they are getting down to business quickly in trying to sort out combos and trying to get some line chemistry going.

There's 7 pre-season games... but they play 4 games in 5 nights here this week and then AHL training camp opens next Monday I believe... so my guess is that they'll want a pretty solid idea who will/won't make the 23 man cut by this weekend... and then send a pile of cuts to the AHL for the opening of Bakersfield's camp on the 23rd.

The final 3 games of pre-season I expect them to further tweak and refine their lines but my guess is that they have very few extra bodies around for those 3 games.

Reactions: MessierII and bone

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Actually the Oilers have confirmed that the game is subject to regional restrictions, is blacked out, and will be streamed on multiple sites. This is a streaming only game people, unfortunately.

I don't want anybody setting their PVR and assuming they will get to see the game. The stream should be archived on the Oilers board though, I would think.
Well that sucks. Thanks for clarifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad