prust-galchy-gally

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I like Eller with Galchenyuk, but I also like Prust with Galchenyuk right now. I think Gally's should be kept separate; spreading the experience around rather than having two rookies carrying a line.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Because prust is Awesome and galchy NEEDS him as his mentor right now.. and gallagher is hard working and young so they both will find eachother..

If we are going to draft a future star and build around him, dont put him on the fourth line, don't mix his lines up.. show him consistency and give him a hard working guy like prust..

Use the accountability thing for everyone else but galchy... You need to form galchy, not throw him into a dog eat dog environment where he will go up and down in emotion more than a 19 year old in montreal already goes through.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I'm sorry, but Prust as Galchenyuk's mentor? Prust is a hard worker which makes him a leader but I don't think you want your most skilled prospect mentored by a grinder. Gally has been playing with offensive players, I'm not sure what the problem is. If anything I'd like to see him play with Plekanec. Gally, Eller, Gionta looked very promising at the end there too.

The reason that line had such good +/- is because it was sheltered, and the results were hurting the Desharnais line. That line was only broken up after it stopped performing offensively.

Gallagher right now is on fire with Pacioretty, I have no idea why you'd even consder breaking that line up.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The key is mainly to take Ryder away from Eller and Chucky, there's no chemistry there. These kids needs a guy that will get his nose dirty. Like a certain guy...

hoockeyrocks

Dec 17, 2011
it seems that since the gally chuckie prust line broke apart, that chucky has been playing more poorly, say sayin :)

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I thought Prust - Eller - Gionta looked good at the end of last game, Gionta probably had one of his best periods of the year with that line. Gallagher isn't getting moved off the Desharnais line anytime soon.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The key is mainly to take Ryder away from Eller and Chucky, there's no chemistry there. These kids needs a guy that will get his nose dirty. Like a certain guy...

Well, if you're talking about Gallagher, it doesn't make sense, since they're playing at the same position....

Habtchum*

Ryder would fit better with DD and MaxPac.

Habtchum*

He might fit well with them but so is Gally, and Gally is our future. Would rather see how far that trio can go/develop their chemistry first before putting our eggs in the Ryder basket.

The two gallys are our future for sure. But Ryder is our PRESENT. He was traded for our best RW (last season) and will be UFA in July. Ryder must be put in a situation to produce and help the team right now. Usually coaches put their new player in the best situation to validate the trade.

Gallagher with Plekanec or Eller or Galchenyuk gonna work anyway. Two pint-size forwards on a same line is one too many.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Tonights game will be good! Both teams played good games yesterday.

Galchy needs to start skating faster and using his positiong skills to hit, but he also needs better teammates.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Once alex G wakes up

The top line needs to be gallagher-Galchenyuk-pacioretty

That is our future first line.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Eller/Galchenyuk is a good combination because Galchenyuk plays best down the middle but Eller takes the faceoffs. They are both strong playmakers and I have a feeling once Ryder gets in the groove with them we'll be very happy with the results.

Gallagher is proving he's ready for the top six now. Love that kid. Keep him with Pacioretty, they work great together.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Personally, I really liked the way DD Patch and Gally were playing, as were Chuckie Eller (as usual) and Ryder although that got mixed up a bit. Pleks and Gio were going. Moen was makign good moves. I really dind't see a fwd line that I didn't like. The only problem with mixing in game is that communication errors can sometimes occur wrt picking up certain guys. Clearly Gally's line was the best and with such tenacity from #11 and Patches going to the net...great combo. DD played a terrific game and Prust is good on any line. I think Prust with Chuckie is great, but I'd leave Gally-DD-Patch until it seems like their size is limiting, which it might not be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad