NHL Entry Draft: Prussian_Blue 2010 NHL Mock Entry Draft (Discussion Thread)

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
...one in which things keep moving, and we actually get things done?

Here are a few guidelines I'd like to go by, right off the hop:

1. No newbies; sorry, but my experience has been that people who just started on the site are the ones who hold things up.

I don't necessarily care how many posts you have, but I'd like participants who have been around for at least a year or two, and who can point to a body of postings which show that some thought and content went into them.

2. Trades are OK, but they have to be submitted to a central location (that would be me) and vetted before they can be consummated, just like in the real world.

3. 12 hours MAX between picks; this rule can be somewhat flexible on weekdays, but will be adhered to strictly on weekends. If you want to participate, then you need to be here, or be able to check in frequently so as to keep this thing moving along.

4. Upon making your selection, you MUST send a PM to the next participant informaing them that they're on the clock. This is non-negotiable and absolutely key to keeping the draft moving. I'll be checking on this, and if I get reports that "so-and-so didn't PM me," there will be blood... :)

5. I want to do all seven rounds, so don't ask to participate if you just want to draft a first-rounder and then blow off the later picks.

This is intended to be an opportunity for people who seriously study their teams, their teams' draft tendencies, and their teams' organizational needs, to show off a little and have some structured and (hopefully) well-organized fun.

I will update this post with the draft order, and keep it updated with selections as we go along.

ANA: ducks6607
ATL: RangerRed
BOS: johnnydollaz89
BUF: mike8219
CAL: Tilley_
CAR: wingsfan17
CHI: markrander87
CLO: VikingAv
CLS: Lutzinho
DAL: King Canuck
DET: Mr Bugg
EDM: OilGagner89
FLA: Velociraptor
LAX: habsman56
MIN: Stalberg
MON: zaluty
NAS: Randall Ritchey
NJD: Media Savvy Lee
NYI: Thisisacodee
NYR: pld459666
OTT: Jano
PHL:
PHX: Tyler Myers
PIT: Modo
SLS: Prussian_Blue
SNJ: Shirtless Joe
TAM: Steven93
TOR: TribalPhoenix
VAN: WonderTwinsUnite
WAS: 20 Cent

------------------------------

Draft Order -- Round One:

001. EDM --
002. BOS (from TOR) --
003. FLA --
004. CLS --
005. NYI --
006. TAM --
007. CAR --
008. ATL --
009. MIN --
010. MON --
011. DAL --
012. ANA --
013. PHX (from CAL) --
014. SLS --
015. NYR --
016. TAM --
017. BOS --
018. OTT --
019. CLO --
020. BUF --
021. NAS --
022. LAX --
023. PIT --
024. DET --
025. ATL (from NJD) --
026. VAN --
027. ANA (from PHL) --
028. CHI --
029. SNJ --
030. WAS --

Notes:

1. The Toronto Maple Leafs' first-round pick will go to the Boston Bruins as the result of a trade on September 18, 2009 that sent this pick along with a second-round pick in 2010 and a first-round pick in 2011 to Boston in exchange for Phil Kessel.

2. The Calgary Flames' first-round pick will go to the Phoenix Coyotes as the result of a trade on March 4, 2009 that sent Olli Jokinen and a third-round pick to Calgary for Matthew Lombardi, Brandon Prust and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade). The condition – Calgary had the option to give their first-round pick to Phoenix either in 2009 or 2010 – has been converted on June 1, 2009 when Calgary decided to keep their 2009 pick.

3. The Philadelphia Flyers' first-round pick will go to the Anaheim Ducks as the result of a trade on June 26, 2009 that sent Chris Pronger and Ryan Dingle to Philadelphia in exchange for Joffrey Lupul, Luca Sbisa, a first-round pick (#21 overall) in 2009, a conditional third-round pick in either 2010 or 2011 and this pick.

4. The New Jersey Devils' first-round pick will go to the Atlanta Thrashers as the result of a trade on February 4, 2010 that sent Ilya Kovalchuk, Anssi Salmela and a second-round pick in 2010 to New Jersey in exchange for Niclas Bergfors, Johnny Oduya, Patrice Cormier, a second-round pick in 2010 and this pick.

Trades:

Last edited:

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
I'll take the Sens, I've been in several mocks this year and last year.

Canuck71*

Hey P_B, my annual Mock is going to be starting up again soon. Not being cocky but with the success of my last two Mock's I think it should be fair to call it a "real" Mock that gets completed successfully. I'll notify you soon.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Your draft's been great.

Velociraptor runs a good draft, and he knows his stuff...

The one Bobby Ryan Getzlaf started has been slow beyond the point of ridicule.

...which I why I started this one.

Also, no way I could join? :(

Send me a PM and convince me. Like I said, I'm not as interested in how many posts you have, as I am in your commitment to seeing this through, and your commitment to taking it seriously.

P_B

Colin Black

Cut back, Smokey!
Jun 24, 2009
Washington State
Velociraptor runs a good draft, and he knows his stuff...

...which I why I started this one.

Send me a PM and convince me. Like I said, I'm not as interested in how many posts you have, as I am in your commitment to seeing this through, and your commitment to taking it seriously.

P_B

It was wrong of me to ask. I'm on here quite a bit, but I don't know if I could commit fully. Please go on and have a good mock :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad