GDT: Providence vs Bridgeport Sound Tigers @ Dunkin Donuts Center 7:05 ET

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Cross scores, now 5-0....first time I can recall a score that big since a win over Rochester at home a good five years ago.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The Bruins look awesome in this one. All the goals were beauties.

There have been some gigantic hits in this game... all of them on the Bruins.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
FWIW:

Bruins Daily‏@BruinsDaily

Also of note: Jared Knight sustained an injury late in the second has not returned since. Was pretty frustrated heading into down runway

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
I'm getting the feeling that knight may be one of these constantly injured type of players. It is quite concerning to me that he just can't seem to stay healthy of late. I wonder if his injury is a chronic issue.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Did Trotman leave the game as well?

He got hit hard behind the Bruins net and I don't think I heard his name after that.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
talk about a bittersweet outcome. P Bruins pay homage to a shortened NHL season by only skating for 2 periods of this game.

Cunningham was in beast mode, not just with the 2 goals but solid 2 way play as well.

Line of the night - some guy channeling his inner Tom Hanks from Castaway, directed toward the Tigers goalie after he gave up goal #5....NILSSON!!....NIIIILLLSSOOOON!!! SORRY NILSSON (SOBBING) I'M SORRY (SOBBING).

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Providence wins 5-4.

Unusual scoring in this game. Providence was up 5-0 going into the third period. Then Bridgeport scored 4 unanswered goals in the third, falling just short of tying the game.

Tommy Cross got his first goal as a P-Bruin and Cunningham scored twice.

Svedberg had 26 saves in 30 shots for the win.

Good start to a 3 game weekend without the 5 players off to Bruins training camp.

Game summary: http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1010393

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Good win considering it looks like many of the NYI prospects hadn't been pulled. Hamonic, Neiderreiter, etc.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Can we call knight injury prone now? Or should we wait til he gets hurt a couple more times? The way people are quick to poke fun at sauve makes me wonder if anyone will start to view knight that way. As a player who you can't ever count on.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Can we call knight injury prone now? Or should we wait til he gets hurt a couple more times? The way people are quick to poke fun at sauve makes me wonder if anyone will start to view knight that way. As a player who you can't ever count on.

you got a problem with Knight just have some balls and admit it

that last comment shows what a jack wagon you are- not even legal to drink and we are discounting him

as for Sauve, loved his game last night- very impressed with his grit- surprised he didnt get called up

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

that last comment shows what a jack wagon you are- not even legal to drink and we are discounting him

as for Sauve, loved his game last night- very impressed with his grit- surprised he didnt get called up

I have a problem with posters who rip sauve for being injury prone but turn a blind eye to knights injury problems and write it off as inexperience and youth. He has a 3 year window to prove he can play in the NHL so he can get contract #2. I'm assuming year one is going to end up being injury plagued and that leaves 2 years to get his health under control and prove his worth.

I like to make the comparison between knight and Ryan kalish of the red sox. 2 players who seemingly do all the right things on and off the field, are in great shape, but the "leave it all out on the field/ice" mentality they adopt (crashing into outfield walls/crashing the net) lead to injury riddled seasons. I have concerns about knight and after every hamstring tweak and shoulder seperation I feel them becoming more legitimate.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
I guess I'm showing my age, but I can remember discussions around Ray Bourque in the early part of his career that he had the potential to be good if only he wasn't so injury prone. Too early to tell with Knight and even Sauve what the future might tell.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I have a problem with posters who rip sauve for being injury prone but turn a blind eye to knights injury problems and write it off as inexperience and youth. He has a 3 year window to prove he can play in the NHL so he can get contract #2. I'm assuming year one is going to end up being injury plagued and that leaves 2 years to get his health under control and prove his worth.

I like to make the comparison between knight and Ryan kalish of the red sox. 2 players who seemingly do all the right things on and off the field, are in great shape, but the "leave it all out on the field/ice" mentality they adopt (crashing into outfield walls/crashing the net) lead to injury riddled seasons. I have concerns about knight and after every hamstring tweak and shoulder seperation I feel them becoming more legitimate.

"I hate when posters rip player x for being injury prone so I will rip player y for being injury prone"

Please spare us.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I hate when people rip one but not the other. I have no problem ripping both.

I told my kid last night as we sat down I am watching 3 players- Knight :shakehead, Sauve, and Cross like a red tail watching a squirrel collecting acorns.

I gave Sauve huge kudos for his game last night, and my kid on the way home mentioned she really thought Sauve had a heck of a game as well(I liked the way Camper skated as well- best in my half dozen visits this year). As I posted yesterday he has more grit to his game- and really plays hard along the walls and infront of the net.

His stats are down but not sure why he did not get a chance for Boston. I will say though he doesn't have all the flash and dash I remember last year but maybe its because he is more sandpaperish.

One last thing about Knight- he did tear his hamstring and he is a diabetic; I'm not one, but the buddy I went to 20 years worth of Bruins was and he also was a very good athlete- and he used to tell me he didn't recover as fast. He may have been joking but I don't think so. JK is one and as one of his teammates dad's told me last night afterwards (and he played a lot of high level hockey) that a torn hammy can take a long time and you may think its healed and then do an awkward move not replicated in practice and you feel it. That is likely what happened.

Also, Don Sweeney is pretty good with this stuff and I can tell you he will do the right thing here

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Boston management decision-makers should just close down Knight's participation for remainder of season and completely reassess this repetitive & ongoing injury situation. Knight could not contribute enough on-the-ice in this shortened year to warrant risking another reinjury; just getting started in his career, why take the chance.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I hate when people rip one but not the other. I have no problem ripping both.

It's a legit observation, and I think it's a normal repsonse to be disappointed with a guys durability or lack thereof, but ripping on anyone for getting injured is kind of stupid.

I hope Knight and Sauve are able to kick their respective injury bugs and prove they're legit players. No point in crapping on either of them for it though.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Couple observations on him that I am 100% confident in saying

1. He is a legit top 9 NHL forward who can and will score 30 goals a year- his floor is third line grinder- but that is far selling him shot; I am sure enough to say I've seen everyone from Orr on up and skated enough myself to know someone who has a game and he does.
That's pretty silly. If it was that easy, then every 1st round pick would turn out as expected. I'm not saying your wrong about Knight's future but to say you've seen enough hockey to know when someone will be an good NHL player, that's wrong and rather arrogant.

Why so touchy when it comes to Knight. His injuries are a legitimate concern. Hopefully, he gets past them and has a long, healthy career but there's no need to freak out on someone just because they're concerned about his injury problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad