Confirmed with Link: Prout inks 2 year extension

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
You all know already that I absolutely HATE this deal! I can only hope that they're able to see what I can't - that he can take the same trajectory as David Savard. :rant:

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
ounym.gif

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
It's not a lot for a number 5/6 but still....With that amount, he won't be the 7th Dmen so he will continue to be in the lineup everyday. Only positive I can take from this is maybe they get rid of Boll so Prout was kept to still have a tough guy. But then again Boll wasn't playing much so its not like he was needed.

In the recent weekly chat with Portzline, he made Prout to be a valuable player, not just for Columbus but other teams. Felt he would have been gone quickly if he was a UFA. So it's not just Jarmo and company who likes him.

*2nd year he gets 1.9 so if they were to keep him again. Good chance he gets around over 2 mil in his next contact.

Last edited:

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
AAV is less than Boll. I have no problem with this. Yes, he can be frustrating, but I like Prout. I think he can get better. Torts can help with that.

Light the Lamp

Apr 21, 2015
I'm surprised on how many here are not a fan of Prout. He is not making $4M...he is a bottom pair guy that is a big body and will intimidate. We need $1M players on the roster. Can't have 6 dmen making $5M each. Good for Prout!

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I hope JK and JD know what they are doing. We need cap space to sign Karlsson and Seth Jones.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I don't have anything good to say about this, so here's a video of some llamas running around to the tune of Yakety Sax...

Last edited:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I'm not that surprised. I don't like him, but we need someone who can stand up for his teammates.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I've not been fond of past performance, but in the last few months he's been doing much, much better overall. At that rate, on the bottom pairing, I think it's actually halfway decent. The call-ups haven't exactly been much better so far this year, so it's going with the devil you know.

That said, unless he continues to improve dramatically I will not be in favor of any further pay raise.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

I'm laughing because I'm not sure if you are serious.

On a side note, what does this mean in the context of AP's comment that we'll be a different team. This deal sure doesn't send a message that the FO is serious about change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad