Protection Lists are made public!!!!!!!

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Ward is 36. Boedker is 27.

How much longer with Ward be able to play at high level?

Ward is a "glue guy" moreso than a leader. But GMGM does have a history.

Schlemko is a top pick per Sharks fans (based on performance/$$).

Dillon and Boedker are the guys Sharks fans hope get picked to clear some cap space.

Hopefully we don't pick up Boedker.

If McPhee doesn't pick up Raanta from NY, a solid pick up would be Grabner.

Speedy goal scorer who is a great pker and could provide solid scoring depth.

Grabner and Boedker are too similar to take both and Boedker just signed that contract that is making SJ look foolish. Let them keep him.

I'd rather have Dillon, and flip him to a contender with retained salary if needed.

Ward..I am a big fan. But he is too old.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Even if you don't want Ward, I'd avoid Boedker. 3 more years at 4 mil is a lot for what he brings, which often isn't much.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
God no Pickard is awful as a starter. He's good as a backup but he gives up a soft goal in almost every game and it gets worse when he's starting multiple games in a row (I'm an Avs fan). They should draft Barbeiro from the Avs, the guy has good mobility and can play top four minutes plus you need at least some bargain dmen.

god no

there must be something more appealing than Barberio in COL

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
god no

there must be something more appealing than Barberio in COL

Don't expect much from one of the worst teams of all time lol...

But I would say if its not Pickard, you could go with Grigorenko. Still some upside there, or if you want a stop gap 2C you could pick up Soderberg.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
sounds like vegas is letting anaheim off the hook for exposing vatanen/manson

not a good deal. picks are not worth those players, imo

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Looking forward to finding out what the price is.

Its going to be good or I'm going to riot. You would think it would have to be a package equal to one of Vatanen or Manson.

They don't have a first, and they are a good team so I wouldn't want one from them.

Any package, if I am McPhee, starts with Theodore or Montour.

They are not needed with Lindholm and Vatanen on the roster, but are a need for Vegas. Young, puck moving defenders.

Then, I don't think you are insane for asking for Nick Ritchie. Or why not, another puck mover like Larsson.

If you take back someone like Stoner or Bieska to help a rival with their budget, I think you pay a premium.

Would you do Theodore / Montour + Ritchie + Stoner / Bieska for Vatanen or Manson +? I think they would consider it. Their hands were kinda tied.

Thats a very high price to dump a bad contract, but we will be rivals...an overpayment is required.

You can also add an excess defenseman, goalie, or forward to help them contend or a pick.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
when can Vegas start trading players they take in the expansion draft? Right away?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Welcome to the NHL and the boards. Can't say I ever predicted LVNV as a hockey town / expansion location but should be interesting. Plenty of good players out there for you guys to build a competitive team. Not like prior expansions where the teams were basically doormats.

Enjoy Fleury — great regular season goalie, better in the playoffs lately, and a true team guy. He's like glue in the locker room, bringing guys together. He'll be missed.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Its going to be good or I'm going to riot. You would think it would have to be a package equal to one of Vatanen or Manson.

They don't have a first, and they are a good team so I wouldn't want one from them.

Any package, if I am McPhee, starts with Theodore or Montour.

They are not needed with Lindholm and Vatanen on the roster, but are a need for Vegas. Young, puck moving defenders.

Then, I don't think you are insane for asking for Nick Ritchie. Or why not, another puck mover like Larsson.

If you take back someone like Stoner or Bieska to help a rival with their budget, I think you pay a premium.

Would you do Theodore / Montour + Ritchie + Stoner / Bieska for Vatanen or Manson +? I think they would consider it. Their hands were kinda tied.

Thats a very high price to dump a bad contract, but we will be rivals...an overpayment is required.

You can also add an excess defenseman, goalie, or forward to help them contend or a pick.

I'm thinking it's Theodore+ as well.

No other move makes sense to me for both teams.

Of Anaheim's top prospects he's the most replaceable. And for us (it's weird speaking in terms of "my" teams cause both Anaheim and Vegas are my teams) he has good upside. If he can find his defensive game again he can be a stud.

I see Ducks fans saying Theodore+Stoner and maybe a pick to not take Manson or Vatanen. That I don't think will happen. Can't see the Knights taking on a cap dump on top of not taking Manson or Vatanen. That's unrealistic.

Theodore+a mid tier prospect and a pick to not take Manson or Vatanen is about as realistic I can think of for Anaheim to not be devastating and still manage to keep their good young D.

I've seen Sam Steel's name get mentioned but I think the ducks aren't going to move him just to not lose a player. He's their most promising forward prospect since Getzlaf and Perry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad