• Filip Hronek

Votes: 85 100.0%
  • Troy Stecher

Votes: 40 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Hronek and Stetcher only for me, but picked cholo for 3rd cause I had to pick someone. No reason to protect DDK with his salary and injuries and exposing he and Nielsen protects the more vital players in our system. Lindstrom hasn’t shown anything that separates him from any other waiver wire pickup, sadly.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Lindstrom, Hronek and Stecher.

Stecher is a great bottom pair defender when Seider comes to the lineup but he can play up in the event of an injury. Keeping him allows us to really lock down our right defense.

Lindstrom could develop and become what Stecher currently is, but right now I see him at minimum as a 6th/7th defenseman who plays well in limited minutes.

Cholowski does nothing for me. 1st round reach that looks like a 1st round bust.
DeKeyser is a hit away from full retirement.
Djoos is minor league level. I can't justify keeping him as anything more than the 7th or 8th defenseman.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Hronek obviously, Cholowski and Stetcher as I think they would have the most trade value.

If Cholowski doesn't turn it around next season then he's probably waiver material. That's not what I would call an asset with "trade value".

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
If Cholowski doesn't turn it around next season then he's probably waiver material. That's not what I would call an asset with "trade value".

"If Cholowski doesn't turn it around..."

I mean the same could be said for Larkin.

Trade value out of 100.

Hronek.. 70
Next best D man... 10.

I honestly don't think it matters who the other 2 are.

I would sign Jamie Oleksiak right now, and protect him over anyone else :P (I know we can't do that, I'm just saying)

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Dekeyser's health and contract protects itself I hope we don't waste protection on him. I think Hronek is the only player on the list that would be missed. I almost think protection is a nonfactor this time, as long as Hronek stays I think we are okay and once Seider arrives and bumps everyone down the depth chart things are going to start shaping up.

I would probably protect Cholo and Lidstrom but only heartbroken if we lose one because we protected Dekeyser.

Reactions: golffuul

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI

Trade value relative to the other defensemen on that list, not high trade value. He could be swapped for a similarly struggling former first round pick.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

But he is s guy with upside.

Just like Fabbri, who was traded for waiver material (De La Rose) and turned his career around.

Idiotic thinking on young players to see only what they are now. Because there's always the potential for better.

If you are looking for veterans, then they are what they are now.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I'd protect only Hronek. The rest are unfortunately a toss up of "who cares?" That shows you how little talent this team has. I'd rather we could protect an extra forward or two. If I'm forced to pick, I suppose it would be Lindstrom and Stecher. However, neither player would be a big loss if absent.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Lindstrom, Hronek and Stecher.

Stecher is a great bottom pair defender when Seider comes to the lineup but he can play up in the event of an injury. Keeping him allows us to really lock down our right defense.

Lindstrom could develop and become what Stecher currently is, but right now I see him at minimum as a 6th/7th defenseman who plays well in limited minutes.

Cholowski does nothing for me. 1st round reach that looks like a 1st round bust.
DeKeyser is a hit away from full retirement.
Djoos is minor league level. I can't justify keeping him as anything more than the 7th or 8th defenseman.
That's how I voted as well.

Hronek obviously. Stecher is an actual NHL defenseman so let's not lose him for nothing.

Then Cholowski and Lindstrom was a coin flip. I went Lindstrom honestly because I've seen less of him so I'm less certain he'll never be an NHL d-man. But he and Cholowski are mostly interchangeable in protecting to me.

Reactions: CairneBloodhoof

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
"If Cholowski doesn't turn it around..."

I mean the same could be said for Larkin.

Trade value out of 100.

Hronek.. 70
Next best D man... 10.

I honestly don't think it matters who the other 2 are.

I would sign Jamie Oleksiak right now, and protect him over anyone else :P (I know we can't do that, I'm just saying)
I was hoping that the Wings would pick up Oleksiak when he was available on waivers. He is huge, tough and can move and shoot the puck.
Always looked good against the Griffs.

Last edited:

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
Hronek for sure. I picked Cholowski and Lindstrom solely because their both still young and the team is bad enough that it doesn’t hurt that much to wait and see if they can emerge into something in the next year or two.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Honestly only Hronek. Absolutely none of the other guys move this team towards playoffs and beyond.

Yeah, I agree with this. I am fine with giving Lindstrom and Cholowski a bit more rope but I don't see anything in either of them that suggest they are going to be solid contributors on a good NHL team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad