Prospects Tournament Preview

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
No mention of Thomas Nosek. Oh well I understand and expect him to be a under the radar prospect for the DRW. Hope he kicks ass and takes names this year in the AHL so people are made more aware of him.

RedMachine87

May 20, 2011
A^2
Good read, well written. Thanks for the link.

Looking forward to the tourney and while I admittedly don't follow other team's farms, the junior wings have to be the favorite heading into it. Will be very interested to see how Mantha, AA and Bertuzzi perform. And to see if Larkin can once again exceed expectations and steal the limelight.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Not sure I really agree with calling Mantha's injury a 'gruesome broken leg'.... If I remember correctly, it happened during the game, and he continued to play on the injured leg and may have even finished out the game on it. It wasn't till later than evening that they determined he had a hairline fracture.... That is about the opposite of gruesome as I can imagine.

It was freak, poorly timed, an inconvenience, a set-back for sure, but nothing I would describe as gruesome.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Of them all, I’m most interested in Jerome Verrier. He posted two point-per-game-plus seasons in the Q before missing most of last year with injuries. This will be his second year playing for Detroit as a free agent invite, so obviously management sees something they like.

Besides Hicketts last year, he was the other guy who really impressed me during the games I saw last year.

peckthenathan

Aug 26, 2015
Not sure I really agree with calling Mantha's injury a 'gruesome broken leg'.... If I remember correctly, it happened during the game, and he continued to play on the injured leg and may have even finished out the game on it. It wasn't till later than evening that they determined he had a hairline fracture.... That is about the opposite of gruesome as I can imagine.

It was freak, poorly timed, an inconvenience, a set-back for sure, but nothing I would describe as gruesome.
I don't think it was much worse than your run-of-the-mill broken leg, but I'd heard somewhere that Mantha was still pretty apprehensive on the ice following the injury, specifically because he was worried about getting hurt like that again. I think it weighed on him pretty heavily, but you're right it was more mentally gruesome than physically.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Nice, quick hitting article. Should be a interesting tournament. I might go if I have time. Interested in seeing AA, Mantha and Larkin. Would like to see AA or Larkin get some time in the NHL until Datsyuk is back, if they deserve it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad