Confirmed with Link: Prospects Challenge, Sept 15-19 @ Harborcenter// Schedule in OP

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Kisakov is my new personal fave. I know he isn’t our best prospect, but I get Jason Pominville vibes off this guy. That pass to Linus was *chef’s kiss*. I’ll be tracking him in Rochester this year. Getting AHL tv for sure.

I thought he looked like Audette in the MHL if your memories go back that far (Audette 1.0, not the returning 2.0 deadline reacquisition). It's that he is much, much pricklier than some other smaller, craftier guys. It wasn't a surprise Ottawa has hackin'-n-whackin' him. It wouldn't surprise me if he was giving it back or digging in creating some of it, but replay options for this are not the best. Subtlety pointy would be another way to put it.

Appert is going to push for Kozak to turn pro and join Roch isn’t he?

Is he eligible to?

Yes, he turns 20 before December 31st so he is eligible.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm ready for some patience too. I don't need an Evander Kane / Zach Bogosian trade this season.

We don't even have to. There's already way more depth and skill than that team. I'm with you, just enjoy the waves of talented young players every year.

I can't see them being interested in statistically poor performing workout warriors. But there will come a time when they will start shopping. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon... :D

Reactions: Matt Ress

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I can't see them being interested in statistically poor performing workout warriors. But there will come a time when they will start shopping. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon... :D
Their best way to acquire a top 4 D is to put together a package that no one else can match….and given their forward pool…one that not many can do without feeling the full force of it

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
June 2023. Maybbbbbbbeeeee Feb 2023 if things go perfect.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I see the point of wanting Kozak to turn pro.

They just need to let him go back. Let him work on his offensive game.

Reactions: Bendium

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
With seemingly several coming in to the big leagues in just the next 5 years, they'll sadly have to move some out. Pretty good way to keep cap down, depth full and have your choice of guys to bring in, all with long term sustainability. Let's be honest, we frickin deserve it.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Pretty astounding how we won every game pretty handily without a handful of our top prospects. So much talent in the pipeline, future is bright boys.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't know if he's one of those sorts that they could offer him a deal early or if he must go back into the draft. Those are bits of SPC arcana that I have never attempted to learn.

Similarly, Ritchie was very good for them as well, almost as good as Sova for me. Like, they did some very good things with their invitees for this which is great to see. Heaven knows a couple of these teams could've used some help getting up the ice from their own zones.... :D

Also some love to the OHL line of Calvert, Sproule and McDonnell who were the most "pro style game" unit of the three to my mind. I may have missed it and maybe they are all -3 or something, but I thought they did the best impression of a line that was establishing the cycle of all the groups.

Agreed on Ritchie and Sova. They looked great for undrafted kids. Some of the older prospects didn't pop the way you might expect in this kind of competition, but you can tell our amateur scouting department is onto something with the younger wave of prospects.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
It’s crazy how much depth there is. I don’t think I’ve ever seen prospect depth on any team like this. But, it’s a sobering thought to review how many Kings prospects are trending toward busts. Their pool was the envy of the league 2 years ago.
Yeah that is crazy. The Kings are definitely in an outlier tier though. They have to have something wrong with their prospect development team whether it's the AHL guys or NHL staff. Now not all of our guys are going to make it but we're in pretty good shape to play the numbers game.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
It’s crazy how much depth there is. I don’t think I’ve ever seen prospect depth on any team like this. But, it’s a sobering thought to review how many Kings prospects are trending toward busts. Their pool was the envy of the league 2 years ago.
The Kings seem to be excellent at drafting and developing right shot Dmen though, or even just Dmen in general. Wonder if it's more of a system issue than a development one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad