Prospects around the league...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I was thinking about starting up a similar thread.. I'm curious about the chances of these guys making their NHL squad out of camp:

Ladd
Seabrook, Barker
Wolski
Brule, Picard
Schremp
O'Sullivan, Koivu
Radulov

NyCoN

Instant Contender
Nov 20, 2003
Land of 10,000 Lakes
Visit site
O'Sullivan, Pouliot, Olvecky, Foy, Koivu...for the Wild.

O'Sullivan is out for 2 weeks with a seperated shoulder though. And nobody knows yet if the Wild are just holding onto him till he heals, or if he makes the team.

Lemaire has been quoted in the local paper here that Koivu is having an excellent camp and that he trusts him in all game situations...He's a lock to make the team IMO..

The rest will more then likely be sent back to their respective AHL/OHL teams.

Pouliot is an interesting one....He has had a very good camp but i'm sure the Wild brass don't want to sign him due to the new Free Agency rules... If this were any other year, Pouliot would probably make the team...

Last edited:

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
if you consider Niklas Kronwall a prospect, then hell probably be our 3rd defensemen. He does it all, skates perfectly, fast, great vision, hits, offensively and defensively aware, just complete package really.. definitly gonna be logging 18 or more minutes a game.

Hudler inless gets a spart under his *** in the remaining preseason games, will be going back to Grand Rapids and should be a given to make it next year along with Igor Grigorenko.

Valtteri Filppula has been playing pretty good but more then likely will go2 the AHL with hudler for a year or 2 of seasoning. Hes been one of the better, if not the best youngsters in camp or preseason.

Steve Latin*

Talbot is getting a hard look from the Pens as a potential 3rd/4th liner and PK mainstay

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Getzlaf and Konopka for Anaheim are near locks for making the team.

Smid will go to the AHL.

Perry is 50-50 at this point.

Bryzgalov will be Giguere's backup.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Steadfast said:
I was thinking about starting up a similar thread.. I'm curious about the chances of these guys making their NHL squad out of camp:

Ladd
Seabrook, Barker
Wolski
Brule, Picard
Schremp
O'Sullivan, Koivu
Radulov

One of Seabrook or Barker will make the team guaranteed. I thought Seabrook would be a shoe in but Barker has been outperforming him in the preseason so its up in the air. The other open D spot on Chicago will go to Duncan Keith.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Steve Latin said:
Talbot is getting a hard look from the Pens as a potential 3rd/4th liner and PK mainstay
Corsby will make the team.

Outside of Talbot, Colby Armstrong may make the team.

Players that are playing lights out, would normally make an NHL team, but won't make the Pens unless the Pens trade players to clear out room: Ryan Whitney, Paul Bissonnette.

Player that is catching everyones eye, but is going to the AHL regardless to get pro experience: Daniel Carcillo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad