Prospects and Marlies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
If anyone hasn't taken in a RN game, then tune into the Mem cup because Dzierkals' skating and edge work is so much fun to watch. I think he'll take a big jump next year with a summer in the gym and the first year under his belt.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
If anyone hasn't taken in a RN game, then tune into the Mem cup because Dzierkals' skating and edge work is so much fun to watch. I think he'll take a big jump next year with a summer in the gym and the first year under his belt.

It's amazing he didn't have more points than he did. He actually had a monster first half.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see him hit 100 points next year.

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
Then dont base it on Sparks' 3 games.

Base it on how Bibeau played in his 7.

Or base it on the 21 regular season games sparks played. Or how Bibeau played in his 40.

Or just base it on who the better goalie is.... I still dont get why Sparks is not starting.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Or base it on the 21 regular season games sparks played. Or how Bibeau played in his 40.

Or just base it on who the better goalie is.... I still dont get why Sparks is not starting.

Bibeau is under contract for another year and Sparks isn't. They might prefer to play and develop the guy they are keeping. I imagine Sparks will be back in net for game 7 though.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

Bibeau crushed Albany this year with 2 shutouts. That's surely why he got that series.

Will be interesting to see if they are alternating series by series, or if they stick with one guy for the remainder. The latter would tell us a lot about how they compare in the eyes of management.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Bibeau is under contract for another year and Sparks isn't. They might prefer to play and develop the guy they are keeping. I imagine Sparks will be back in net for game 7 though.

They are keeping both, unless Sparks is a part of the deal for a new young backup goalie to become the future franchise goalie.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I've been saying this since mid season, goaltending will be the Achilles for the Marlies... Unlike the past seasons where reimer, active a and what's his face were lights out for the Marlies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I've been saying this since mid season, goaltending will be the Achilles for the Marlies... Unlike the past seasons where reimer, active a and what's his face were lights out for the Marlies.

It hasn't been the problem for them at all though.

snizzbone*

Think we see Marner with the Marlies after the mem cup assuming the Marlies make it to the finals? Round 3 will be ending around the same time the mem cup ends. Maybe see him join the team and then if they end up going down he gets the call? Could happen.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Think we see Marner with the Marlies after the mem cup assuming the Marlies make it to the finals? Round 3 will be ending around the same time the mem cup ends. Maybe see him join the team and then if they end up going down he gets the call? Could happen.

I doubt it, it'd be unfair to the guys who made such a long run to the finals. He doesn't deserve to steal a roster spot. Aside from that, he'd probably be dead tired and exhausted. I think they'd rather him rest.

I could be wrong though, who knows

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
I doubt it, it'd be unfair to the guys who made such a long run to the finals. He doesn't deserve to steal a roster spot. Aside from that, he'd probably be dead tired and exhausted. I think they'd rather him rest.

I could be wrong though, who knows

Ben Smith and Matt Frattin, who have no future with the Leafs, have played in this series... I don't think the Leafs care about fairness, Dubas has said the Marlies are about development first. I think Marner will get into the lineup, but may not get a ton of minutes. Of course, rest + getting into his summer training earlier would be an okay path too. Don't think you can go wrong either way.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If we're still playing once the Memorial cup ends Marner definitely joins the squad. He should get games too. Best team available should be playing. I don't expect he'll be thrown onto the top line right away, but he should definitely see some time on a 3rd line.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If we're still playing once the Memorial cup ends Marner definitely joins the squad. He should get games too. Best team available should be playing. I don't expect he'll be thrown onto the top line right away, but he should definitely see some time on a 3rd line.
Maybe, might be better to just let him off and have time to recuperate, then hit the gym with Roberts. The kid has been playing pretty consistently since Mid-August between WJC Camp, Rookie tourny, and pre-season. I'm not for or against either option, but I think he's just told to take time off after the Memorial cup to set up for a big summer.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Maybe, might be better to just let him off and have time to recuperate, then hit the gym with Roberts. The kid has been playing pretty consistently since Mid-August between WJC Camp, Rookie tourny, and pre-season. I'm not for or against either option, but I think he's just told to take time off after the Memorial cup to set up for a big summer.

I would like to see him play, but I don't think you would go wrong with either option.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Do you really think he was overworked in that last series? I watched just the last game and it looked more like a practice, and just sitting back clearing the zone as the clock wound down from the 1st. period. Didn't look like he broke a sweat.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
World Junior summer camp
Leafs training camp and exhibitions
OHL season
World Junior camp and tournament
More OHL
OHL playoffs
Memorial Cup

That's a lot of pressure games and a long season for a developing body.

I would love to see him on the Marlies but maybe recovery time is better

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
I remember when Dzierkals was drafted to Rouyn-Noranda in the import draft and we all complained! :laugh:

I don't think anyone expected this team to be THIS good, granted, Meier made a big difference.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I remember when Dzierkals was drafted to Rouyn-Noranda in the import draft and we all complained! :laugh:

I don't think anyone expected this team to be THIS good, granted, Meier made a big difference.

Meier definitely helped, but it was really Perron who carried this team through the season. Pretty nice for a 7th round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad