Avatars: Prospects! (2017 Sharks prospect pool) (Added 1/30: Current roster throwback designs)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
As my farewell to San Jose and a big thank you for entertaining me for a week, I wanted to leave you guys/gals with a gift:

locally-made, hand-crafted artisanal Shark prospect avatars

Right now I believe I've covered the entire prospect pool up to and including the addition of Buddy Robinson from Ottawa. B.Robinson and Jon Martin are notable in that they don't have Barracuda pics right now, so I've got them in previous jerseys (Binghamton for Robinson, the Swift Current Broncos for Martin). Prospects are counted for the avatars if they are under 27 years of age and are signed or rights-held by the team, with 1 notable exception to be found in the Euro Prospect section. So that's why there's no Troy Grosenick.

Alright, on to the part that you actually care about: the avatars:

PART 1: BARRACUDA

SJp17a-Armalis.gif
|
SJp17a-Bergman.gif
|
SJp17a-Blackwell.gif
|
SJp17a-Brodzinski.gif
|
SJp17a-Carpenter.gif

Mantas Armalis|Julius Bergman|Colin Blackwell|Michael Brodzinski|Ryan Carpenter
SJp17a-Chartier.gif
|
SJp17a-Goldobin.gif
|
SJp17a-Goodrow.gif
|
SJp17a-Heed.gif
|
SJp17a-Helewka.gif

Rourke Chartier|Nikolay Goldobin|Barclay Goodrow|Tim Heed|Adam Helewka
SJp17a-Jevpalovs.gif
|
SJp17a-Labanc.gif
|
SJp17a-Martin0.gif
|
SJp17a-McNally.gif
|
SJp17a-Meier.gif

Nikita Jevpalovs|Kevin Labanc|Jon Martin|Patrick McNally|Timo Meier
SJp17a-Mueller.gif
|
SJp17a-ORegan.gif
|
SJp17a-Robinson.gif
|
SJp17a-Ryan.gif
|
SJp17a-Schoenborn.gif

Mirco Mueller|Dan O'Regan|Buddy Robinson|Joakim Ryan|Alex Schoenborn
SJp17a-Sorensen.gif

Marcus Sorensen

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
PART 2: CHL PROSPECTS
SJp17a-Balcers.gif
|
SJp17a-Blichfeld.gif
|
SJp17a-Fitzgerald.gif
|
SJp17a-Gregor.gif
|
SJp17a-Roy.gif

Rudolfs Balcers|Joachim Blichfeld|Cavan Fitzgerald|Noah Gregor|Jeremy Roy
SJp17a-Shoemaker.gif
|
SJp17a-Wiederer.gif

Mark Shoemaker|Manuel Wiederer

PART 3: NCAA PROSPECTS
SJp17a-Ausmus.gif
|
SJp17a-Cukste.gif
|
SJp17a-Gambrell.gif
|
SJp17a-Jackson.gif
|
SJp17a-Kupsky.gif

Gage Ausmus|Karlis Cukste|Dylan Gambrell|Jake Jackson|Jake Kupsky
SJp17a-Letunov.gif
|
SJp17a-Parsells.gif
|
SJp17a-RobinsonM.gif
|
SJp17a-Vela.gif
|
SJp17a-Watson.gif

Maxim Letunov|Adam Parsells|Mike Robinson|Marcus Vela|Cliff Watson

PART 4: INTERNATIONAL PROSPECTS
SJp17a-Bergvik.gif
|
SJp17a-Galimov.gif
|
SJp17a-Rod.gif
|
SJp17a-Sateri.gif
|
SJp17a-Tarasov.gif

Fredrik Bergvik|Emil Galimov|Noah Rod|Harri Sateri|Daniil Tarasov
That's it for not. The rest will come when I can make them. If you have any requests/questions/suggestions or notice any errors, let me know and I'll do my best to address them.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Thing #1 I was saving extra posts for: Retro prospect avatars for the current roster (yes, it doesn't always make sense for guys who weren't Sharks prospects. And I included the year they joined the Sharks, not their draft/UDFA signing year. Don't think about it too hard :laugh:)

SJp17r-Hertl.gif
|
SJp17r-Thornton.gif
|
SJp17r-Pavelski.gif

Tomas Hertl|Joe Thornton|Joe Pavelski
SJp17r-Marleau.gif
|
SJp17r-Couture.gif
|
SJp17r-Boedker.gif

Patrick Marleau|Logan Couture|Mikkel Boedker
SJp17r-Labanc.gif
|
SJp17r-Tierney.gif
|
SJp17r-Donskoi.gif

Kevin Labanc|Chris Tierney|Joonas Donskoi
SJp17r-Karlsson.gif
|
SJp17r-Carpenter.gif
|
SJp17r-Ward.gif

Melker Karlsson|Ryan Carpenter|Joel Ward
SJp17r-Haley.gif
|
SJp17r-ORegan.gif
|
SJp17r-Meier.gif

Micheal Haley|Dan O'Regan|Timo Meier
SJp17r-Martin.gif
|
SJp17r-Burns.gif

Paul Martin|Brent Burns
SJp17r-Vlasic.gif
|
SJp17r-Braun.gif

M-E Vlasic|Justin Braun
SJp17r-Dillon.gif
|
SJp17r-Schlemko.gif

Brenden Dillon|David Schlemko
SJp17r-DeMelo.gif
|
SJp17r-Meuller.gif

Dylan DeMelo|Mirco Mueller
SJp17r-Heed.gif

Tim Heed
SJp17r-Jones.gif

Martin Jones
SJp17r-Dell.gif

Aaron Dell

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I've got two alternate versions of the retro avatars that I couldn't resist using.

#1 is Paul Martin in high school era, which reminded me of this

(I hope this works. The YT account is a Canadian streaming service and might block the content in the US)

and #2 is Melker Karlsson in full Boss mode, celebrating one of Skelleftea's championships during his tenure there.

SJp17r-MartinER.gif
|
SJp17r-KarlssonBoss.gif

Paul Martin (HS)|Boss Karlsson

If anyone wants any other classic prospects or anything like that, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Tim Heed is Swedish? Huh.

Edit: Mine is just sticking on the picture of Labanc. It looks like Bizz is having the same problem above me. Did we do something wrong? I just saved the .gif to my desktop.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
According to the prospect reports that the sharks put out, the team still has the rights to Sateri, Galimov, and Tarasov. So even though their chances of relevance to the sharks is basically nil at this point, I included them for completeness' sake. Sateri is also the one who I broke the age rule for, since he's 27.

For non-functioning avatars, try uploading it to your profile via the photo bucket url. Right click the avy you want and choose "copy link location" or "copy shortcut" or whatever the equivalent is for your browser. Then paste that into the location url in HF's avatar control panel. See if that does the trick. I can't do anything on my end. While my mod powers allow me to remove avatars, I can change or upload new ones to other users.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Excellent work Nem. One small note, Balcers is on Kamloops, not Kelowna.

Dammit. I knew that. I even have a kamloops logo on there. I'll fix it tonight when I get home, provided I'm not a zombie.

As for the file size issue, I'll look into it. I was careful to stay below 19.7kb when I was working. Maybe the upload changes things. Again I'll look when I can.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Maybe tonight I'll upload a zip file or something with all the avatars. Maybe people using the originals instead of taking from photo bucket will help with the static image issues.

Meier and LeBanc are prospects, but their Av's should say NHL :D

Yeah, I wanted symmetry since most people stop classing players as prospects once they hit the nhl. Plus since part of the design intent was the color shift from the player's current team to the sharks, an nhl-centric design defeats the purpose of that.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Thanks! Harri Sateri is still a prospect?

Satori? Wow, blast from the past. He's not officially in our system, is he?

I didn't think the Sharks still had his rights.

Sharks hold defected players (i.e., Tarasov, Sateri) until age 27. So Sateri comes off the books this summer, Tarasov next. (Note: they played under Sharks SPC and departed as RFA after being QO'd to other realms to play.)

Rod, Galimov are also considered defected, but Sharks hold their rights for 4 years after draft.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I've figured out the problem with the avatars. For whatever reason, the file size that photoshop shows me when I'm adjusting its settings doesn't match the actual size once it's saved. So even though I made sure that no avatar went over 19.7 kb, it turns out that almost everything is actually over 20 (the avatar limit on here)

So I'm going to have to do a whole bunch of re-jiggering to get the set properly sized. I'm dead tired, so maybe tomorrow.

So... yeah. Until then these are unusable unless you're a sponsor. Except for (apparently), Carpenter, Heed, and Mueller. But I won't take them down for now just so that the previews remain.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Alright, I made a revision, removing the fading in between info frames to conserve file size. Now everything fits under the 20kb bar easily and I don't have to crank up the lossy settings and sacrifice image quality.

In the process of doing that, I also added all the missing players and updated some of the Cuda jerseys to give more color variety (read: orange). The only ones who I'm not totally happy with the pics yet are Schoenborn (using a Sharks jersey, not a Cuda one), Martin (using a Swift Current Broncos pic from a couple years ago, not a Cuda one) and Helewka (the pic is kinda distant). I'm also not 100% on Blackwell, but he doesn't have much out there.

I know the orange Cuda jerseys aren't for everyone, so if there's one of the players wearing one of those that you want to use, but would prefer a different uni, I can see if I have a white or teal pic instead.

depending on what I do tomorrow during hte ASG, I might also have something else fun. We'll see. Also if I get some spare time in the future, I might make a "prestige" set of these avatars, restoring the fading transitions but making them only usable for sponsors and mods.

There are probably some errors in there somewhere too misspellings, misidentified teams, wrong draft years, wrong logos, anything. If you see one, let me know and I'll fix it.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Check out posts #3 and 4 for my latest project: retro prospect avatars for the Sharks' whole current roster.

I've done everyone who's suited up for the Sharks this season and is still part of the org (so no Wingels, Nieto. Wish we had an even # of d-men though). As I note in post #3, which has the full set, I chose their pre-NHL org and listed the year they joined the Sharks, even if they weren't a Sharks prospect and there was decades in between. Just go with it :laugh:

and yes, Burns is in a wjc team Canada jersey. I couldn't find a shot of him with the Battalion

I also have a pair of amusing extra designs featuring high school Paul Martin showing off the flow and the snow (see the YT in post #4) and Boss mode Melker Karlsson

Samples:
SJp17r-Goodrow.gif
SJp17r-DeMelo.gif
SJp17r-Marleau.gif

SJp17r-MartinER.gif
SJp17r-KarlssonBoss.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00