Confirmed with Link: Prospect Tournament Roster (Pens Win; D'Orio & Bellerive Signed)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
"All three games will be broadcast live on penguins.nhl.com with Josh Getzoff handling play-by-play duties. Michelle Crechiolo and the Pens' social media team will be on hand to provide coverage all weekend."

****ing thank god.

Bengtsson is also on the roster, that's a big deal actually. No one even knew if he'd be able to play hockey again due to his illness.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So excited to see Bengtsson! And live stream! Awesome. Most of the prospects I wanted to see are there including Tiffels. Johnson...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No Jarry, Gustavsson or Maguire at camp. Both goalies are FAs.

Jarry has participated in those things for years at this point, he doesn't have anything to gain from going this year. Gustavsson's season starts soon and I think he might be playing for Sweden's U20 team right now too. I'm not sure what's going on with Maguire, I would have thought he would be there. He's also 24 though, so there's that.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Jarry has participated in those things for years at this point, he doesn't have anything to gain from going this year. Gustavsson's season starts soon and I think he might be playing for Sweden's U20 team right now too. I'm not sure what's going on with Maguire, I would have thought he would be there. He's also 24 though, so there's that.

I'm not suprised Jarry isn't going he's basically NHL ready and got nothing to gain.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
The Swedish League premiers the 16th of september. And since both Gustavsson and Olund are gonna play there i dont think they wanna send them to the rookie tournament.
Guess their teams rather have them for some last pre-season games instead.

Any of the invitees that are interesting? Some of them were at the dev.camp, so might be interest from the pens side?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Sprong, ZAR, Blugers and Johnson should all stand out. Bengtsson potentially but he's had a long time off.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
The Swedish League premiers the 16th of september. And since both Gustavsson and Olund are gonna play there i dont think they wanna send them to the rookie tournament.

Any of the invitees that are interesting? Some of them were at the dev.camp, so might be interest from the pens side?

I remember the Arizona Coyotes being highly impressed with Spinozzi. He's good defensively and actually improved offensively the last few seasons.

Miletic might earn a contract as well.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

Jordy Bellerive has good numbers and I think this was his first year of draft eligibility.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
From the OHL prospect blog :
Sarnia's Kevin Spinozzi should be a really intriguing player to NHL teams IMO. He has size, plays well at both ends, and made great strides this year. A very underrated player who did a good job of 'somewhat' shutting down Connor McDavid in round one of the playoffs.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Seem to recall people saying D'Orio was an interesting prospect in the Development Camp thread. He and Bellerive, Miletic and Volcan were all at Development camp - reckon they're fitting up Bellerive, D'Orio and Volcan as potential draftees next year. Miletic maybe playing for a AHL contract?

Also, really exciting to see Bengtsson suiting up again. Fingers crossed.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
And for those too lazy to look for the schedule here it is:

Boston - Friday, September 8 at 3:30 PM
New Jersey - Saturday, September 9 at 3:30 PM
Buffalo - Monday, September 11 at 7:00 PM

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
And for those too lazy to look for the schedule here it is:

Boston - Friday, September 8 at 3:30 PM
New Jersey - Saturday, September 9 at 3:30 PM
Buffalo - Monday, September 11 at 7:00 PM

Thanks, will watch the Boston and New Jersey game. I'm guessing Sprong/ZAR/Blugers will only play 2 games each.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00