Prospect Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
What are the odds we sign Shanye Taker + Langaniere? Both have come to our camps, both big boys and Gillis has expressed interest in both.

We should look at Cody Kunyk and Nolan Zajac too. Both have come to our camps and did very well in NCAA this season. Zajac is a bit small at 5'10" 180-185, While Kunyk is 6'0" 195-200..

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
So when does Lain make his debut?

If I'm not mistaken, his contract is effective for the 2013/2014 season. So to play this year, he would need to sign an ATO with the Chicago Wolves and get a few games in...am I wrong?

Would really love to see us get one or more of Sustr, Laganierre or Taker as well.

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
Sustr would be an outstanding pickup. Getting him would almost be worth losing out on Schultz.

Does Sustr play with any sort of an edge? I love the fact that he's 6'8 and can put up points, but is he going to be a Marek Malik type of guy?

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
If I'm not mistaken, his contract is effective for the 2013/2014 season. So to play this year, he would need to sign an ATO with the Chicago Wolves and get a few games in...am I wrong?

Would really love to see us get one or more of Sustr, Laganierre or Taker as well.

You are 100% correct on the ATO

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
FYI our OHL prospects finished with these stat lines:

Corrado

69 GP 7 G 38 A 45 Pts +18

McEneny

65 GP 6 G 28 A 34 Pts +7

Gaunce

60 GP 33 G 27 A 60 Pts +10

I know we all want to draft more out of the WHL but it seems like we are on a bit of an OHL streak right now.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
FYI our OHL prospects finished with these stat lines:

Corrado

69 GP 7 G 38 A 45 Pts +18

McEneny

65 GP 6 G 28 A 34 Pts +7

Gaunce

60 GP 33 G 27 A 60 Pts +10

I know we all want to draft more our of the WHL but it seems like we are on a bit of an OHL streak right now.

Corrado has had a fantastic year

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
i found this funny regarding kevin lain

"Lain also is friends of Sam Gagner, son of Canucks director of player development Dave Gagner, and Canucks prospect, defenceman Jeremy Price, who just finished his career at Colgate University and played his first two games for the AHL Chicago Wolves over the weekend. "

dave gagner's real use: attracting college talent through his familial ties?

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
http://capgeek.com/player/2400

Capgeek shows the contract being effective this year and expiring this summer. Not sure how much I believe that but the article on the Canucks website says he'll be reporting to Chicago in the next few days at least.

I saw that but that wouldn't make much sense to sign him for a Chicago stint this year, in almost every case this happens they sign an ATO. I could be wrong.

mrbitterguy

Sep 24, 2010
san francisco
people here are really high on the langaniere kid but the highlight video i saw he doesn't look like a skilled player, certainly not a potential top 6er like i've read some comments describing him. blomstrand looks way more skilled and was playing against men not college kids. (really excited to see what he can do in north america) i'd be happy to get langaniere in the system even if he tops out at 3rd line center but what am i missing?

also, very happy with the template the team is using to find prospects now. way better than picking the schroeders and rodins imo.

thedavid

Jan 26, 2012
Vancouver
I saw that but that wouldn't make much sense to sign him for a Chicago stint this year, in almost every case this happens they sign an ATO. I could be wrong.

You're probably right. Like I said, I didn't have much faith in the capgeek listing. I had thought he would have to sign at least a 2-year contract and Tiranis saying it's just a placeholder makes too much sense.

Regardless, we should see him in the Wolves lineup in the next game on Friday.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
people here are really high on the langaniere kid but the highlight video i saw he doesn't look like a skilled player, certainly not a potential top 6er like i've read some comments describing him. blomstrand looks way more skilled and was playing against men not college kids. (really excited to see what he can do in north america) i'd be happy to get langaniere in the system even if he tops out at 3rd line center but what am i missing?

also, very happy with the template the team is using to find prospects now. way better than picking the schroeders and rodins imo.

I don't think you are missing anything on your analysis, I believe Feebster stated he looks like a Higgins type(could be wrong on player) that could be an effective 3rd line winger.

I didn't even want to react to the Sustr video....he would fit in just too well.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Sustr is just so fluid at the point for such a big man. It's like having the Schultz dream all over again...just waiting to be crushed after waking up to reality.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
That's the first I've seen of Sustr, thanks for that. Nice to seem him comfortable walking the line on the PP, but man does that half-slap look lazy! :laugh: Clearly works for him though, so I won't complain.

arsmaster*

thefeebster, I don't think you get thanked nearly enough for the work you put in.

Thanks again for the videos.

----

To reiterate what others have said, wow is Sustr ever smooth, but boy does he look slight. Makes Tyler Myers look like a body builder out there.

He's the guy I want, and hopefully he can see his spot on the team (RH RS dman on a cheap contract). He should get opportunity pretty quickly here.

Langaniere, I wouldn't mind him, but if you're him and Pittsburgh can sell you on getting possible ice time with the best two players in the game, I think he takes it.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Langaniere, I wouldn't mind him, but if you're him and Pittsburgh can sell you on getting possible ice time with the best two players in the game, I think he takes it.

With Letang playing right side, the highest he can go in that organization is being on the 2nd pairing. Meanwhile here he would be able to earn #1 PP and #1 ES minutes if he deserves them.

arsmaster*

With Letang playing right side, the highest he can go in that organization is being on the 2nd pairing. Meanwhile here he would be able to earn #1 PP and #1 ES minutes if he deserves them.

Was talking about langaniere at the end there. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad