Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Haha, now that I've advanced in years and seeing my waistline grow... I guess those punks were right - I am becoming Mr. Softee now.

If I make it to the preseason game at the BC, I'll buy you an ice cream then. :)

If Loic can continue to add size and strength, he'll be one that you shouldn't tangle with. He's a long shot, but maybe one day he could make it as a bottom pairing guy with flying fists of fury. :yo:

A friend who has been to Barclays for a Nets game says they have an L and B Spumoni Gardens stand.
Not too good for the waistline but they do have killer pizza.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Haha, now that I've advanced in years and seeing my waistline grow... I guess those punks were right - I am becoming Mr. Softee now.

If I make it to the preseason game at the BC, I'll buy you an ice cream then. :)

If Loic can continue to add size and strength, he'll be one that you shouldn't tangle with. He's a long shot, but maybe one day he could make it as a bottom pairing guy with flying fists of fury. :yo:

He may add size and strength, but that boy better go to boxing school. He get's beat up by everybody. That was one of my complaints when we drafted him. He can't score, can't play D, and he can't fight. Need to have at least one of the 3 at that size. Hopefully he goes to the same boxing class as Samuel Morin, that guy is a scary good fighter, and the same size as Ledufus.

scott99

May 13, 2005
A friend who has been to Barclays for a Nets game says they have an L and B Spumoni Gardens stand.
Not too good for the waistline but they do have killer pizza.

I can confirm this, as well as my waistline can confirm, they do indeed have an L&B Spumoni Gardens stand. I had 2 slices at a Net's game. To me, L&B is the best pizza I've ever had (just the square slices), period. Though not as good as actually going to Spumoni Gardens for some square slices, it's probably 90% as good, which is an amazing thing. Then down a slice of Junior's Cheesecake for desert, and you're in heaven (not your waistline though). I'm gonna love going to Islander's games at the Barclay's. They also have a bevy of amazing food choices. If you're a foodie like me, you will drool after seeing this.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...culinary-greatness-brooklyn-article-1.1193611

scott99

May 13, 2005

PW, I'm holding you to that, bringing my 13 year old nephew too, hope your pockets are deep and your wallet full, lol.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
PW, I'm holding you to that, bringing my 13 year old nephew too, hope your pockets are deep and your wallet full, lol.

Haha, no problem. I am a man of my word, ice cream will be on me that night for you and your nephew. Still not sure if I can make it so it will have to carry over if I'm not there. :)

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
VCR has reported to Plymouth (OHL) training camp.
Regular season begins on September 19.
Glad the hockey off season is ending next week and for me back to work for my 37th year as everybody's favorite high school science teacher.

hah you have 35 years on me, this is my 2nd year. :laugh:

scott99

May 13, 2005
Haha, no problem. I am a man of my word, ice cream will be on me that night for you and your nephew. Still not sure if I can make it so it will have to carry over if I'm not there. :)

Just joshin with ya PW. Luckily for me, the kid isn't a huge ice cream fan.

On Loic Leduc, an assist and a +2 ? We may have the next Larry Robinson on our hands !!

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Ok, so in case anyone missed it...

Jets sign Brenden Kichton to deal
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/08/28/jets-sign-brenden-kichton-to-deal

Wanted to add this:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/is-kichton-draft-day-steal-221600611.html

Part of it might have had something to do with the long and unusual route to the NHL taken by Kichton, who was actually drafted twice -- the first time in 2011 by the New York Islanders (fifth round, 127th overall) and then again this summer by the Jets.

Kichton says the Islanders offered him a bare-bones contract in 2011.

"It was the minimum you could offer," Kichton said. "It was like $40,000, I think, and then like a $10,000 signing bonus. It was just bare minimum and they said that was pretty much all I was worth."

Kichton and his agent balked and the Isles never did come back with a second offer.

"I guess they just didn't like me," said Kichton. "There was nothing more me and my agent could have done. They just said they're not signing me."

We're oozing tons of RHD depth:

NHL level:

Byfuglien
Bogosian
Trouba
Postma
Redmond

LHD:

Enstrom
Clitsome
Stuart
Pardy
Melchiori
Kulda - own his rights but haven't signed him

So it will be a while before Kichton would even get a callup. Redmond, Melchiori, and Pardy are before him at least. He should get lots of PP time on the rock at least since Postma will be with the big club.

Last edited:

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Wanted to add this:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/is-kichton-draft-day-steal-221600611.html

We're oozing tons of RHD depth:

NHL level:

Byfuglien
Bogosian
Trouba
Postma
Redmond

LHD:

Enstrom
Clitsome
Stuart
Pardy
Melchiori
Kulda - own his rights but haven't signed him

So it will be a while before Kichton would even get a callup. Redmond, Melchiori, and Pardy are before him at least. He should get lots of PP time on the rock at least since Postma will be with the big club.

It is a nice defence. I think the jets could take a nice step this year as long as their goaltending is consistent.

Last edited:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
It is on the right side, but not the left side. Stuart is a #6, and Clitsome is probably a #5. We probably have the most stacked right side in the NHL. That's what Kichton is up against. The first two are established top four, Trouba should easily slot into the top four, Postma and Redmond are both AHL all-stars who will be bottom pairing at minimum.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
It is on the right side, but not the left side. Stuart is a #6, and Clitsome is probably a #5. We probably have the most stacked right side in the NHL. That's what Kichton is up against. The first two are established top four, Trouba should easily slot into the top four, Postma and Redmond are both AHL all-stars who will be bottom pairing at minimum.

Don't think it's a huge issue for one of your rd to move to ld...defence switch sides a lot brought he course of a shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad