• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
1. Poulin (84.3% of vote)
2. POJ (70.6% of vote)
3. Legare (69.4% of vote)
4. O'Connor (34.1% of vote, won run-off vs Blomqvist)
5. Blomqvist (64.2% of vote)
6. Maniscalco (42.2% of vote)
7. Puustinen (43.8% of vote)
8. Bjorkqvist (39.5% of vote)
9. Clang (43.2% of vote)
10. Gruden (33.3% of vote)
11. Lee (35.1% of vote)
12. Bellerive (36.1% of vote)
13. Angello (56.3% of vote)
14. Miletic (28.6% of vote)

Good thing I don't implement the Georgia Senate vote rules for this, we'd have to have a run-off with Miletic, Svejkovsky and Reilly for that :laugh:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Where would Hallander have been ranked if JR hadn’t donated him to Toronto? #3?

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Where would Hallander have been ranked if JR hadn’t donated him to Toronto? #3?

#3 for me.

I researched him quite a bit the week before he was traded. Though it is looking like his skating and production may have taken a hit based on current stats. Rumor was the Pens soured on his skating.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
#3 for me.

I researched him quite a bit the week before he was traded. Though it is looking like his skating and production may have taken a hit based on current stats. Rumor was the Pens soured on his skating.

I agree Pens soured on him. Very rarely have the Pens traded away a prospect that turned out to be a good player. In fact when was the last time the Pens traded away a prospect that ever became an NHL regular besides Kapanen? Maybe a few 4th liners or bottom pairing defenseman. The only ones I can think of over the Crosby era has been guys like Strait and Harrington who are fringe 6th-7th defenseman. My guess is Addison and Hallander will both not make big impacts in the NHL of they make it at all. Pens seem pretty good about keeping the right ones such as Guentzel, Rust, Murray, Dumoulin, Letang, Goligoski, etc. While trading Esposito, Caputo, Grant, Sprong, and other players that still had value to get pieces to the team but turned out to be worthless.

They got back the only prospect that amounted to anything when they got Kapanen back. It was like renting Kessel for free to win two Cups then get out prospect back and almost fully developed. Chances are Hallander and that 1st round pick never end up being much but even if they do we got great years out of Kessel and hopefully some nice years out of Kapanen. The odds are extremely in our favor the Leafs don't get close to that value out of what we gave them in those deals for Kessel and Kapanen. Look back 10 years from the Kessel deal and I bet we come out looking like the big winners with what they got out of those deals. We already won just off of the 2 Cups but I think this latest deal will make it even more in our favor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad