• Swoyer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yoder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Svejkovsky ran away with the last poll, so we're now looking for the last member of the top 10.

The poll will run for two days

Airola, Laatsch, McCleary - we will add in draft order after this (McCleary, Airola, Laatsch).

1. Pickering (34.7%. won run-off vs POJ)
2. Joseph
3. Blomqvist (50%)
4. Poulin (31.8%)
5. O'Connor (38.1%, won run-off vs Puustinen)
6. Puustinen
7. Lindberg (35%, won run-off vs Hallander)
8. Hallander
9. Svejkovsky (54.2)
10. ?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think 10 goes to Legare.

After that...it will get interesting as it's bunch of guys all in that "Hey...maybe?". 11-20 = pick your poison.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Broz AINEC imo.

By far the most talent here and his freshman year wasn’t even bad statistically. He also played well in the second half, outside of the numbers.
Idk…I think Legare has equal talent…he had a bad WBS season but he’s further along …I give him the slight edge over Broz or Ansons…that will change if he doesn’t turn it around this season…

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Idk…I think Legare has equal talent…he had a bad WBS season but he’s further along …I give him the slight edge over Broz or Ansons…that will change if he doesn’t turn it around this season…
I think Broz has more puck skill and is a much better skater. While I get the closeness argument— after last year, is Legare really all that much closer to the NHL? Seems like best case scenario still is at least 2 more years for both.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I get the feeling Broz shows that he should have maybe gone a bit earlier in these polls this upcoming year but I guess we'll see. He's pretty slick and probably along with a non-broken-neck Tankov has one of the higher ceilings in this pool.

So going with Broz.

I think despite the early hype Legare is pretty meh.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I personally think people have been overstating Legare's talent for a long time. He has a nasty shot - but not, seemingly, pro nasty - and other than that, not a lot else. For me, I want him to prove he's got the talent some people think he has this season in WBS; I'm not assuming it's there at this point.

I'm also fairly sure I'm going with Broz. It's not been an encouraging start but he has raw top six skill.

I could be tempted by Ansons, who seemingly has less raw talent but a better all round game and seems to be growing rapidly, or St Ivany, simply because voting for 6'3" RHD who can skate and have decent NCAA numbers is at least betting on the biggest unicorn.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I personally think people have been overstating Legare's talent for a long time. He has a nasty shot - but not, seemingly, pro nasty - and other than that, not a lot else. For me, I want him to prove he's got the talent some people think he has this season in WBS; I'm not assuming it's there at this point.

I'm also fairly sure I'm going with Broz. It's not been an encouraging start but he has raw top six skill.

I could be tempted by Ansons, who seemingly has less raw talent but a better all round game and seems to be growing rapidly, or St Ivany, simply because voting for 6'3" RHD who can skate and have decent NCAA numbers is at least betting on the biggest unicorn.
Was St. Ivany hitting UFA Philly’s decision or his?

Seems odd a 6’3 RD w/ decent #s wouldn’t be signed, even if just for org depth.

If his skating is actually good, it makes it more puzzling

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I get the feeling Broz shows that he should have maybe gone a bit earlier in these polls this upcoming year but I guess we'll see. He's pretty slick and probably along with a non-broken-neck Tankov has one of the higher ceilings in this pool.

So going with Broz.

I think despite the early hype Legare is pretty meh.
Yea if Broz has a good year he probably has a good argument for being the best F prospect in this pool next summer. His year was not encouraging but also not discouraging enough to completely write him off to zero expectations. If he can show some development/growth, I believe in the skill set and pedigree.

Lotta people were high on him in draft process and all things considered NCAA is a very tough league for teenage freshman, especially physically underdeveloped ones. 0.33 p/pg on a deep, veteran team isn’t good but isn’t hellacious.

I do think 9/10th on this list is fair though, because that’s a lot of ifs and excuses.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yea if Broz has a good year he probably has a good argument for being the best F prospect in this pool next summer. His year was not encouraging but also not discouraging enough to completely write him off to zero expectations. If he can show some development/growth, I believe in the skill set and pedigree.

Lotta people were high on him in draft process and all things considered NCAA is a very tough league for teenage freshman, especially physically underdeveloped ones. 0.33 p/pg on a deep, veteran team isn’t good but isn’t hellacious.

I do think 9/10th on this list is fair though, because that’s a lot of ifs and excuses.

It sounded like a lot of turmoil for him this past year. I'm not trying to make excuses and this year will really tell the tale but I feel a lot of young guys would stumble in that same situation. Burke made an effort to reach out to him specifically and his head seems to be in the right place so we'll see. He has a pretty interesting skillset.

And I don't mean to imply that these lists are invalid or anything like that. I always enjoy them and the work people put into it. A fun exercise every year.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

I don't think it's been said tbh. And I dunno if his skating is good, or just not a reason he won't make the league.

There's a big slew of new faces that we don't know a whole lot about coming up in this poll and I don't know whether sorting through them is going to be fun because we learn stuff or dismal because we know nothing about them.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think Broz has more puck skill and is a much better skater. While I get the closeness argument— after last year, is Legare really all that much closer to the NHL? Seems like best case scenario still is at least 2 more years for both.
I don't think it's so much that Legare made strides, it's just that Broz didn't. Yes, I get the situation he was in with a deep team but still. His play was rather underwhelming, especially for a 2nd round pick. All things considered, Legare is where is should be at the moment.

It's close though. With this pool, #10 vs #11 is nothing. You could even call this 10a and 10b.

If Broz wants to make the jump, he needs to perform this year. Then we can have the discussion next year.

Can someone remind me - did he choose not to sign or did Philly choose not to resign him? Who initiated the separation?

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I don't think it's so much that Legare made strides, it's just that Broz didn't. Yes, I get the situation he was in with a deep team but still. His play was rather underwhelming, especially for a 2nd round pick. All things considered, Legare is where is should be at the moment.

It's close though. With this pool, #10 vs #11 is nothing. You could even call this 10a and 10b.

If Broz wants to make the jump, he needs to perform this year. Then we can have the discussion next year.
I think they were in similar boats. The competition jumped a major level and they weren’t great. But Broz was a legitimately good player in the second half for a good Minny team and Legare never got on track. Plus I like Broz’s talent more. He was drafted higher. I never was super in love with Legare either.

To me it’s simple as that logic, but obv there are no correct answers here.

Reactions: SEALBound and Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

See this one very differently. 16 points in 57 feels like a pretty bad start to the AHL for a guy who's meant to reach the next level through offence, even allowing for WBS being bad, and the worst number there is the 57. Having a slow first half of the season when adjusting is not a big deal if the adjustment comes. With Legare, he got a lot of healthy scratches in the second half of the season, and I really can't consider him where he should be when that's the case.

To me, Broz's second half of the season showed a lot more strides than Legare's.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
See this one very differently. 16 points in 57 feels like a pretty bad start to the AHL for a guy who's meant to reach the next level through offence, even allowing for WBS being bad, and the worst number there is the 57. Having a slow first half of the season when adjusting is not a big deal if the adjustment comes. With Legare, he got a lot of healthy scratches in the second half of the season, and I really can't consider him where he should be when that's the case.

To me, Broz's second half of the season showed a lot more strides than Legare's.
First, I don't disagree. As I said before, this could really go either way.

Second, I think the same situation applies to both players - due to team situations, both were underwhelming.

The WBS Pens SUCKED early on. Everyone's production was garbage. Everyone's. Legare was up and down the lineup and also underperformed. Broz was on a deep Minny team and underperformed. AHL > NCAA in terms of competition and talent levels so I'm not sure comparing production between the two is straightforward endeavor.

Either way, both have something to prove this year if they want to be above 10/11 next year.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Chris Ansons.

St Ivany is probably after Broz and Ansons for me.

Legare was rotten last year.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Washed-up stuntman Ernie Devlin.

31538462-31540139.jpg

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I would really like a prospect to exceed expectations for once instead of falling to come anywhere near them.
I’m just glad Simon denied Sully’s PTO offer. Maybe some of these guys will get a legitimate shot this season as opposed to whatever you want to call the last two years. We only have one turd blocking AHL’s playing time this season, which is refreshing. If these guys get a legitimate shot this year, and still suck, fine. But it seems like only DOC has been given a fair shot. I’m not high on DOC.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad