Prospect Ranking Poll #6

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
HFBoards Coyotes Fan Prospect Poll.

#1 - Dylan Strome (36 votes - 64.29%)
#2 - Max Domi ( 41 votes - 83.67%)
#3 - Anthony Duclair (32 votes - 47.76%)
#4 - Brendan Perlini (41 votes - 74.55%)
#5 - Christian Dvorak (40 votes - 78.43%)

Please list additional names for the next polls.
Possible additions mentioned last thread: None

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Gormley, Dahlbeck, Hank and Lessio all figure to play in Glendale this year. I have a hunch that Plachta does too, but I realize I'm alone on that island.

Merkley is the one for whom we have the wildest dreams of superstardom.

Voted Gormley, but I feel like any of Gormley, Dahlbeck, Hank and Merkley make sense here.
Please list additional names for the next polls.
Possible additions mentioned last thread: None
18 candidates up right now ... we're probably good for a while ;)

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Merkley

Samuellson is my next vote. Top player in AHL for us in last half of season.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
I got Merkley also but I have a weird love for Dauphin and wanted to vote him here.

You're not the only one. I know that the odds are at least 95% that Merkley will be the better pro but I still went with Dauphin because it's a little more fun to be off the board and he really impressed me at rookie camp. I'm really hoping for a quick rehab so we'll be able to see what he can do in Springfield this year.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Laurent Dauphin impressed many of us ... for, like, an hour ... this summer ... practicing ... against kids.

Gormley and Dahlbeck both impressed us ... for weeks at a time ... last season ... playing ... against men.

I don't understand why Dauphin is winning.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Hank. He was hands down the best player in the AHL the second half. Pretty stoked to see how he does this year. Don't know enough about Merkley.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Laurent Dauphin impressed many of us ... for, like, an hour ... this summer ... practicing ... against kids.

Gormley and Dahlbeck both impressed us ... for weeks at a time ... last season ... playing ... against men.

I didn't vote for Dahlbeck because I consider him a Coyote and a solid second-pairing guy (even though he might have to play in the AHL because of Grossman. I hated the trade for him.). Gormley was playing great hockey, but he didn't look the same after the injury (I still thought he was better than Campbell though). To me he looked like a 3rd pairing guy after that, when earlier in the season he had looked top-four worthy. I want to see how Gormley comes out this year before I make a judgement on him again. If the org doesn't like what they see and send Gormley down, he's as good as gone because somebody will claim him on waivers.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I didn't vote for Dahlbeck because I consider him a Coyote and a solid second-pairing guy (even though he might have to play in the AHL because of Grossman. I hated the trade for him.). Gormley was playing great hockey, but he didn't look the same after the injury (I still thought he was better than Campbell though). To me he looked like a 3rd pairing guy after that, when earlier in the season he had looked top-four worthy. I want to see how Gormley comes out this year before I make a judgement on him again. If the org doesn't like what they see and send Gormley down, he's as good as gone because somebody will claim him on waivers.

Pretty much, I'm expecting to get a third for him. :shakehead

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards

There is no right or wrong answer. I highly doubt any of us has seen every player on the list play.

I voted Samuelsson and I've only seen him play briefly in a couple games.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA

I didn't vote for him, I voted Merkley but I could understand why he's being voted in. Kid does a lot of things right and has a decent toolbox, he's hard not to like, even if he tops out as a 4th liner in the NHL. I just really like him as a prospect and would be surprised to see him not make it in some fashion.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I like Dauphin's motor but he doesn't seem to be filling out. I worry about him playing that high tempo, energy driven game with his slight build. Physically, he still looks like scrawny kid. He's got to make some progress in that dept. or he'll me up an NLA all-star.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad