• Blake McLaughlin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antoine Morand

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Vote for who you think the best prospect is (using your own criteria of what you think makes someone the best prospect, eligibility is the hockeysfuture criteria). Polls will be up 48 hours, if they are close enough I'll make a tiebreaker poll.

Results so far:
1. Zegras (not ranked)
2. Steel (-1)

Last years results
2017 results

Added Morand and McLaughlin Will add Guhle and Mahura next round. Then I probably won't add anyone for a few polls unless someone specifically requests it.

I'm going with Lundestrom here, it's like splitting hairs for me between him, Terry and Comtois - I was going to vote Terry but keep changing my mind.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I feel like terry will win here... but I like comtois.

Big, skates well, great shot, great hands... a bit edgy... I think he can really be a dominant force off the wing for Anaheim in the near future.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lundestrom. He's easily the most well-rounded prospect in our pool and I think people are sleeping on his potential.
Idk if its sleeping, hes less accessible and its different looking at a guy playing in pro league then looking at guys like comtois/terry playing against their own age groups. You just read stat lines and comtois/terrys are much more impressive.... the eye test is tough cause I think all 3 look impressive in stretches. Lundy looks like he can be dominant shut down guy, and you hope he can find offense at nhl level(which I thought he showed a lot more than he was given credit for at draft, the skill/creativity is certainly there)…. terry has a little swagger like someone else said, and I feel like hell have the hardest time out of the 3 finding his game at the nhl level.

Lundy/comtois were both basically physically nhl ready at their draft years. Either way its nice that its competitive in our top 5.
The other nice part is
Zegras 9th
Lundestrom 23rd
Steel 30th
Comtois 50th
Terry 148thh

Outside of Zegras they were all pretty deep picks, that we seemed to have done well with. No real hand out picks..... and I think they were all guys we wanted before draft started/that our scouts really liked.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
I wouldn't say people are sleeping on Lundy. These first 3, and maybe even Comtois, seem to have higher ceilings and are flashier/more dynamic. Lundy strikes me more as a Saku Koivu type - someone who's quiet and steady and will be good in all facets, but not be looked at as a world beater. It's not a knock being 4 or 5, we just have nice forward prospect depth finally.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Tough between Terry and Comtois. I lean Terry because I think he has the ability to be a guy that carries/drives his own line offensively.

With Lundestrom the injuries are a legit concern right now. I hate to say it but that lowers him on my list

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
According to HFBoards
cry-baby2.jpg

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Lundestrom. He's easily the most well-rounded prospect in our pool and I think people are sleeping on his potential.
Lundestrom is great in so many ways but I just havent seen enough playmaking or goal scoring. It has been awhile since I've seen him so he may be much more polished than early last season but I'd expect he still needs some time in the AHL to develop his scoring. The rest of the tools are there though.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Lundestrom is great in so many ways but I just havent seen enough playmaking or goal scoring. It has been awhile since I've seen him so he may be much more polished than early last season but I'd expect he still needs some time in the AHL to develop his scoring. The rest of the tools are there though.

Only game play that can be found

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

Only game play that can be found

Thanks. There are definitely some beauties there. The way he shields the puck using his excellent edgework with strength on his skates reminds of Kakko.

I do have trouble putting too much into a highlight. I'd much much prefer a shift by shift. You just dont know if he disappears out there, how he plays off the puck, how he forechecks/backchecks, etc.

Reactions: Kalv

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Terry was my #2 so naturally he's my pick here. I value offensive potential highly so I went with him. Comtois/Lundy are both great prospects as well.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Need to see more of an offensive edge to Lundestrom's game. Comtois has a knack for scoring, but I'm not totally sold on his skill level overall making him a factor shift to shift. Terry oozes skill and IQ and seems like a guy that will be a factor every time he's out there, and in a variety of ways.

Reactions: Kalv
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Accidentally voted Steel last time, although he won in a walk. The guy I meant to vote for was Comtois, who I think is really slept on league-wide, equally because of where and where to he was drafted. His production is something to behold and he really doesn't have a ton of major flaws. I think if he doesn't make the team this year it's mostly because of the logjam and the position of the team, I think he definitely has the talent to play in the bigs already.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Terry. He has a wide range of offensive skillset and he has proved to be effective defensively too, if leaned on. There is a lot of growing/experiencing/improving for him but I think he has the best potential outside of Zegras in our prospect poll (Dostal is a wild card for me though)

Comtois next and probably Lundy after that.
Comtois had a surprising scoring spree last year in the NHL but his overall game can and should improve (he was only 19 then). WJCs showed he has the ability to be a very good all around winger, so he has some things he will need to polish but has an exciting potential.

Lundy shows flashes of brilliance but he has to keep it consistent. What happened to him in the AHL playoffs after that one superb 3p game? He will be my vote after Comtois.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad