Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #9

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I let the previous run the full 48 hours until it closed to allow someone to take a clear lead, and Cristoval Nieves did it. Pavel Buchnevich is the first 2013 draftee to get into the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. C J.T. Miller
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. RW Danny Kristo
7. D Brady Skjei
8. Cristoval Nieves

Cristoval Nieves
Center
Born Jan 23 1994 -- Baldwinsville, NY
Height 6.03 -- Weight 200

2012-13 U. of Michigan CCHA 40 8-21-29 18PIM

ARK_UMvFSU_07_display.jpg

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I have a feeling this will be another close round, maybe a tie-breaker.

Voted for Hrivik because he's doing great in the development camp after a very good rookie season in the AHL.

Add Allen because I figure the Rangers wouldn't give him almost $2 million a year for 3 years for no reason.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
We have a lot of very solid prospects. The emergence of Lindberg and Fasth strengthen what was an alright group from last year, and Duclair and Buchnevich seem to be good pick ups, too.

Props to the organization. Nieves at 8, after having a really good year in the NCAA as a freshman, shows that we still have a lot of talented guys to look forward to.

Add Duclair.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
What's Allen full name? I'm completely blanking on who this guy is.

Conor Allen, UDFA defenseman from UMass-Amherst.

From an HF article:

Conor Allen, D, UMass-Amherst Minutemen (Hockey East)
Signed as a free agent, March 29th, 2013

A star athlete and student, when Conor Allen decided to leave Umass-Amherst, he was in high demand. The 6'1, 203 pound blueliner was exactly the type of defenseman that would fit into the Rangers' mold, so New York was delighted to sign Allen to a two-year entry-level deal in late March. Expected to be a two-way defenseman, who has a good shot on the power play, can play a physical game, and loves to compete for the puck, Allen posted five goals, 14 assists in 33 games for the Minutemen this past season, while accumulating 14 penalty minutes and a plus-one rating. The 23-year old will get a good look in training camp next fall, but is likely to begin the season in Connecticut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad