Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #20

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Steven Fogarty easily won this round. Jason Missiaen is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. C J.T. Miller
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. RW Danny Kristo
7. D Brady Skjei
8. C Cristoval Nieves
9. LW Marek Hrivik
10. C Michael St. Croix

PROJECTS

11. LW Andrew Yogan
12. LW Pavel Buchnevich
13. G Cam Talbot
14. D Sam Noreau
15. D Conor Allen

SUSPECTS

16. LW Anthony Duclair
17. D Calle Andersson
18. LW Adam Tambellini
19. C Steven Fogarty

Steven Fogarty
Center
Born Apr 19 1993 -- Edina, MN
Height 6.03 -- Weight 202

2012-13 Notre Dame CCHA 41 5-5-10 4PIM

2011_nhl_draft_steven_fogarty_2_NYR.JPG

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Prospects eligible for addition:

Hughes, Tommy (NR)
Kantor, Michael (NR)
Skapski, Mackenzie (NR)
Stajcer, Scott (NR)
Wilson, Jason (24)

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Let's add another goalie: Skapski.

Voted for Bourque because he is a very good player for Hartford. He'd definitely be a fan favorite if he made the NHL.

Bardof425*

I don't think any of the 16 - 20 guys are suspects. They're all better than that.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't think any of the 16 - 20 guys are suspects. They're all better than that.

Nor is Cam Talbot a project, really. He's more of a finished product in terms of his development than most of the guys ahead of him. They're just groupings, though.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Josh Nicholls. I think Graves or Spelling have the potential to do better, but right now I have to go with Nicholls. He's decently sized and put up very respectable numbers in the best Canadian Junior league. Much better numbers than Brandon Dubinsky put up.

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Josh Nicholls. I think Graves or Spelling have the potential to do better, but right now I have to go with Nicholls. He's decently sized and put up very respectable numbers in the best Canadian Junior league. Much better numbers than Brandon Dubinsky put up.

Nicholls, add Hughes.

OT, but when was the last time that this "best" league won a Mem Cup??

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Nicholls, add Hughes.

OT, but when was the last time that this "best" league won a Mem Cup??

2008, didactically.

Since I have a little time left this morning to go into detail...

When I say "best," I mean best developmentally speaking. I saw a lot of the Q when the Lewiston team was still around, and I watched enough of the OHL when Grachev was playing with Duchene and Hodgson. In my viewings of the WHL it appears to have the best coaches, best checking lines. The role players aren't going out there and trying to beat entire teams by themselves.

Let me use an example. Ann average NCAA team would stop a CHL team in a playoff series. But advocates of the CHL would claim that the age difference (16-20 for the CHL and 18-24 for the NCAA) will have played a huge difference, so it doesn't actually indicate that the NCAA is a better league developmentally speaking for young players. And they would have a perfectly logical argument.

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
2008, didactically.

Since I have a little time left this morning to go into detail...

When I say "best," I mean best developmentally speaking. I saw a lot of the Q when the Lewiston team was still around, and I watched enough of the OHL when Grachev was playing with Duchene and Hodgson. In my viewings of the WHL it appears to have the best coaches, best checking lines. The role players aren't going out there and trying to beat entire teams by themselves.

Let me use an example. Ann average NCAA team would stop a CHL team in a playoff series. But advocates of the CHL would claim that the age difference (16-20 for the CHL and 18-24 for the NCAA) will have played a huge difference, so it doesn't actually indicate that the NCAA is a better league developmentally speaking for young players. And they would have a perfectly logical argument.

I won't speak to whether the coaches in the Dub are better than in the rest of the CHL, because, frankly, I don't know.

I see now what you meant, but the word "best" just struck me as odd. Living in Atlantic Canada (and in a city that has a Q-team), I can say that the Q is quite proud of the fact that they have won three Mem Cups in a row and most Q observers would argue with you as to what league in the CHL is the best.

In hindsight, I probably should have included a :sarcasm: in my original post.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I won't speak to whether the coaches in the Dub are better than in the rest of the CHL, because, frankly, I don't know.

I see now what you meant, but the word "best" just struck me as odd. Living in Atlantic Canada (and in a city that has a Q-team), I can say that the Q is quite proud of the fact that they have won three Mem Cups in a row and most Q observers would argue with you as to what league in the CHL is the best.

In hindsight, I probably should have included a :sarcasm: in my original post.

Historically, the further west you go in Canada, the more defensively-responsible it gets (WHL>OHL>QMJHL). That doesn't make those leagues better because offensive creativity goes in the other direction, but when a player scores 80 points in the WHL, it is seen as more impressive than if he scores 80 in the Q.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Josh Nicholls, if only because he makes me think of Josh Nicholls from Drake and Josh. And then I chuckle.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Bourque is falling pretty hard. I wonder why that is.

He's small and doesn't have a lot of skill for his size. Plus, he has a rather extensive injury history. I don't know why anyone would rank him ahead of any of these guys with real potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00