Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #17

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I couldn't believe we voted Jean so high earlier, looks like he's going to drop right off the board.

That's what sucking to the point of being benched does. He was the Whale's least effective center, including Tessier and Wiebe.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Both Pashnin and Valentenko are too old, and are ineligible.

Not that it really matters but are you sure?

Mikhail Valeryevich Pashnin (born May 11, 1989) is a Russian professional ice hockey defenceman who currently plays for the rebuilt Lokomotiv Yaroslavl team in the Russian Major League.

From the prospect criteria page here

European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.

Pashnin has never signed, he could in theory still wind up being a prospect, no?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Not that it really matters but are you sure?

From the prospect criteria page here

Pashnin has never signed, he could in theory still wind up being a prospect, no?

The European thing is pretty much only applied to players that were undrafted in the NHL draft, such as Zuccarello. Otherwise, someone like Ilya Gorokhov would forever retain prospect status despite being in his mid-30s, and we'd still be discussing guys like Zdenek Bahensky and David Kveton.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
well i cant believe how high everyone ranks Noreau.
yes we want and need some big tough guys on D, but wishing wont make it happen,
he's as much a long-shot prospect as any on these lists,
Hughes had a better junior career

similar with Spelling, some pretty goals during scrimmages against other kids don't tell anything about promise as a pro, the kid cant even find a team that'll keep him

tambellini is raw, the best thing going for him is that No Dak does a great job developing Pro's.
as good as JT Miller is already, i sometimes wish he'd followed through on his commit, and done these last 2 years there

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The European thing is pretty much only applied to players that were undrafted in the NHL draft, such as Zuccarello. Otherwise, someone like Ilya Gorokhov would forever retain prospect status despite being in his mid-30s, and we'd still be discussing guys like Zdenek Bahensky and David Kveton.

Have faith in Gorokhov. One day, man. One day.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
1. Really "interesting" that HF ranks Tambellini last but the Rangers picked him first. Do not agree with that thinking to be honest, I think at the very least Clark & Co have earned that much.
2. Think Fogarty has a shot to really break out with more ice time and PP time this season or next. Patience has been key for him since he was picked; very raw in HS.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
1. Really "interesting" that HF ranks Tambellini last but the Rangers picked him first. Do not agree with that thinking to be honest, I think at the very least Clark & Co have earned that much.
2. Think Fogarty has a shot to really break out with more ice time and PP time this season or next. Patience has been key for him since he was picked; very raw in HS.

I'm completely baffled that any of these guys who were drafted this year are ahead of Fogarty, TBH. Huge leap forward in his two-way game and yet he keeps getting pegged with the "hasn't shown anything" bit. Blows my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad