Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #17

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Anthony Duclair is the first suspect in our poll. Ryan Bourque is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. C J.T. Miller
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. RW Danny Kristo
7. D Brady Skjei
8. C Cristoval Nieves
9. LW Marek Hrivik
10. C Michael St. Croix

PROJECTS

11. LW Andrew Yogan
12. LW Pavel Buchnevich
13. G Cam Talbot
14. D Sam Noreau
15. D Conor Allen

SUSPECTS

16. LW Anthony Duclair

Anthony Duclair
Left Wing
Born Aug 26 1995 -- Montreal, PQ
Height 5.11 -- Weight 177 -- Shoots L

2012-13 Quebec Remparts QMJHL 55 20-30-50 22PIM

ButDuclair.jpg

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Two third of the players up there have names of former NHLers: Bernie, Adam, Peter and Ray.

Voted for Peter. He has solid potential to be a 4-6 defenseman.

Add Missiaen, the most improved player in Hartford last year. Progress from year to year is a very good way to judge a prospect.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Calle, add Valentenko if he is eligible, Pashnin if not.

FWIW, Nicholls could surprise some people soon.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
God, it's like some horror movie where Pashnin just keeps coming back from the dead. He was the first overall pick in the KHL draft, which is NOTHING like the NHL draft because teams own their own junior teams and can protect all the decent prospects. The KHL draft is like the waiver draft of the Russian prospects. If Pashnin didn't suck, he wouldn't even be eligible for the KHL draft.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Calle, add Valentenko if he is eligible, Pashnin if not.

FWIW, Nicholls could surprise some people soon.

Might as well go for Baranka while you're at it.

Ilya Gorokhov all the way! If we can go for a 24 year old scrub struggling in the KHL, why not go for a 35 year old scrub who's had a decent KHL career.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
i voted Bourque, but was tempted to vote Fogarty, aftr 2 or 3 more years at Notre Dame, with more consistent tough competition now, in Hockey East, a big center with all-round skills will be a huge asset.

I expect Bourque's 2-way game to improve now, in his 3rd pro year. Some younger and/or smaller guys need that seasoning to emerge into the player they'll eventually be able to be.

I guess I agree with above, to add Missaen,
but Nicholls, Andersson, Graves, and Fogarty are ahead of him on my list.
And my faith in Gordie Clark has my optimistic re long-shots Hughes and Kantor.

Re v-tank, he went back to Russia for last season, NYR kept his rights by qualifying him.
Tragically, he lost his wife last season. Whether that leads to a retun to NA, who knows.
I did hear the NYR lost some faith with him due to sub-par skating.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Voted Tambo based on potential to be a top 6 winger if he's able to develop properly. Almost went with Andersson here who I really like.

Add Spelling.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Prospects eligible for addition:

Hughes, Tommy (NR)
Jean, Kyle (12)
Kantor, Michael (NR)
Missiaen, Jason (25)
Skapski, Mackenzie (NR)
Spelling, Thomas (20)
Stajcer, Scott (NR)
Wilson, Jason (24)

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
It's pretty stupid, isn't it?

Not really. Don't see what's so stupid about it. Look. Gordie Clark and the rest of the scouting staff try really hard but I personally think that the highschoolers of HFBoards can do a better job evaluating these guys by watching 2 minute highlight videos on Blueshirts United.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Not really. Don't see what's so stupid about it. Look. Gordie Clark and the rest of the scouting staff try really hard but I personally think that the highschoolers of HFBoards can do a better job evaluating these guys by watching 2 minute highlight videos on Blueshirts United.

Well played. :laugh:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I couldn't believe we voted Jean so high earlier, looks like he's going to drop right off the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad