Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #13

Jarkko Immonen

#42 Artem Anisimov
Oct 23, 2005
Connecticut
Voted Talbot again. He was impressive at times last year in the AHL even though he had a horrid group of defenseman in front of him. Often times saved the team's butt.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted Talbot again. He was impressive at times last year in the AHL even though he had a horrid group of defenseman in front of him. Often times saved the team's butt.

There is a lot more love for Talbot among those who watch Hartford than others.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Still going with Allen, add Jean

Jean sucks. He got a lot of play on this forum because he started the Whale season on a hot streak, but he's like the Brian Boyle of the AHL. In fact, he's exactly the Brian Boyle of the AHL. Tall, skinny, invisible on the ice most of the time, had one hot streak in his life. Couldn't even score in college, much less in the AHL.

Let me make it clear - he isn't like Boyle, he's to the AHL what Boyle is to the NHL. In fact, maybe worse because Boyle didn't deserve to get benched.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Jean sucks. He got a lot of play on this forum because he started the Whale season on a hot streak, but he's like the Brian Boyle of the AHL. In fact, he's exactly the Brian Boyle of the AHL. Tall, skinny, invisible on the ice most of the time, had one hot streak in his life. Couldn't even score in college, much less in the AHL.

Let me make it clear - he isn't like Boyle, he's to the AHL what Boyle is to the NHL. In fact, maybe worse because Boyle didn't deserve to get benched.

He was a rookie. He will look better this season.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
Tamb, add forgarty. Tamb has the frame to put on a lot more muscle and weight, one of the major reasons I put him ahead of Duclair.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Tamb, add forgarty. Tamb has the frame to put on a lot more muscle and weight, one of the major reasons I put him ahead of Duclair.

I think both will be good. I like the picks in the 3rd round, I just question all of the boom-or-bust style of picks in that round when they didn't have a lot of picks. Although Duclair looks like a "take the bull by the horns" type of kid which is refreshing.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
I think both will be good. I like the picks in the 3rd round, I just question all of the boom-or-bust style of picks in that round when they didn't have a lot of picks. Although Duclair looks like a "take the bull by the horns" type of kid which is refreshing.

You and SBOB both have made that point and I somewhat agree with it. However, after Beacon's yearly prospect ranking and actually seeing the Top 13 prospects we have right now, I actually feel much better/'safer' with taking 3 boom/bust kind of picks.

Edit: To elaborate a tad, I feel all of Kreider, Miller, Fast, Lindberg, Kristo and Hrivik will have some sort of impact on the roster over the next two years and are all pretty good bets of making the NHL.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
Talbot is probably the better pick, but I'm going to be a tools fiend and pick duclair (not that my opinion means anything, the only guys I see are the are those who played for the pack last year when Hockeystreams was airing AHL games.

Add the intriguing Thomas Spelling, maybe he continues the trend of obscure Nordic prospects that have breakout seasons.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
You and SBOB both have made that point and I somewhat agree with it. However, after Beacon's yearly prospect ranking and actually seeing the Top 13 prospects we have right now, I actually feel much better/'safer' with taking 3 boom/bust kind of picks.

Edit: To elaborate a tad, I feel all of Kreider, Miller, Fast, Lindberg, Kristo and Hrivik will have some sort of impact on the roster over the next two years and are all pretty good bets of making the NHL.

I can see where you are coming from for sure. My worry is that in 2-3 years, they will have another "hole" like we saw last year in the readiness of their prospect if they don't get anyone out of a draft.

Like I said, I like the players and I like Graves a lot as well, but I would have taken maybe 2 of the 3 and then a safer bet to be a bottom-6er.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Add the intriguing Thomas Spelling, maybe he continues the trend of obscure Nordic prospects that have breakout seasons.

Spelling got alot of natural talent, but he really had a horrible year last season and ended up playing Junior hockey in Sweden more or less the entire year. That is not a good level for a drafted player.

This coming year must be huge for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad