Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: #3 NYR Prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
J.T. Miller won round 2. Hrivik is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally. We are on the HF board, so let's follow their rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

* Please don't write that so-and-so should or should not be a prospect. It's not up to each individual here to decide, it's up to the HF rules. Therefore, since no NHL games were played, all the prospects from the summer are still eligible because no NHL games were played

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

CATEGORIES: We'll be ranking the top 20 prospects.

- The top 5 will be "Top Prospects"
- The second 5 will be "Second-Tier"
- The third 5 "Projects"
- The fourth 5 will be "Suspects"
- The remaining 5 prospects who made it into the poll, but were not voted into the top-20 will be listed as "Honorable Mentions," their order being determined by how many votes they got in the last round.

GRADUATED: Carl Hagelin, Mats Zuccarello
TRADED AWAY: Steven Delisle, Blake Parlett
UNSIGNED: Jyri Niemi, Peter Ceresnak, Shane McColgan

ADDITIONS: Michael Kantor, Josh Nicholls, Tommy Hughes, Adam Tambellini, Pavel Buchnevich, Anthony Duclair, Ryan Graves, Mackenzie Skapski.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. RW J.T. Miller

J.T. Miller
Right Wing
Born Mar 14 1993 -- East Palestine, OH
Height 6.01 -- Weight 200 -- Shoots L

2012-13 New York Rangers NHL 26 2 2 4 8PIM

miller10s-web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Lindberg even though McIlrath might be the right choice here. Awfully close.

Add Nieves who rocked in his freshman season.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
safe to say that the loser out of Lindberg/McI is the automatic winner of the #4 spot?

Yeah, that seems like a lock to me. Then Fast for the #5 spot.

I'm pretty happy with our top-5 prospects. Love all of these players. Hell, I think our prospect pool is 10-15 players deep. Team has done an incredible job of adding players through the draft late and picking up players off the scrap heap and turning them into something useful.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Voted Lindberg cause I feel like he's closer than McIlrath to make some impact with the big club. Add Nieves.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Lindberg appears to step up when it matters and is an excellent two-way player. I think in the end he could have the biggest impact on this team in the next few years.

Add Boo.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
D-Mac, Add Nieves. Watched him every game this year. Phenomenal young man. As a true freshman (18 year old freshman) he was the best forward (best player not named Trouba) on Michigan this year. Played in all situations. Is good along the boards, has great play-making ability, and the dude can fly. Great young center in the making.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
McIlrath. Nieves.

Assuming Moore isn't considered a prospect. No idea how to place someone like Conor Allen who I'm getting the impression the Rangers are very high on but as a preliminary top 10 though with some interchangeability I'd go something like this.

1. Kreider
2. McIlrath
3. Miller
4. Lindberg
5. Fasth
6. Skjei
7. Thomas
8. Hrivik
9. Nieves
10. Talbot-St. Croix-Yogan.

After that maybe Free agent signings like Allen, Kantor, Jean fit in and I'm not even sure how to place any of this year's new draftees but I don't see them fitting in very high until we actually see something from them. Noreau is another and I really like him.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Its so hard to compare Lindberg, the 2-way center, to Fasth, the flying winger, to McIlrath who could become a core face of the franchise with his toughness, but for no other reason then to speak up for one of them who doesn't get as much attention I am gonna vote Jesper Fasth.

So much has been said about him already, his great game and injury struggles and so forth. I am not quite sure where he is. He had several injury problems last year, mainly shoulder and knee but was also bothered by the flu.

In the end, he is a heck of a hockey player. We shouldn't forget that. Lets pray that he gets a couple of good years in a row here without any struggles, he could -- or even should -- be able to sniff at a 2nd line wing position.

Its a weak promise, but he is definitely the kid with the most potential to -- suprise -- people that we have had in a really long time. He got a wow factor come camp. Like I said, I don't know quite where he is, how much he was held back last season, with the amount of injuries he had, how much he could struggle early this season, how much he has been able to recover -- etc etc etc -- but he could be on par with Kim Johnson in terms of potential to suprise people in camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad