Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: #2 NYR Prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Once again, Chris Kreider won our poll as the top prospect. The vote to add the next prospect was 10 votes for Christian Thomas, 9 for Marek Hrivik and 6 for Boo Nieves.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally. We are on the HF board, so let's follow their rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

* Please don't write that so-and-so should or should not be a prospect. It's not up to each individual here to decide, it's up to the HF rules. Therefore, since no NHL games were played, all the prospects from the summer are still eligible because no NHL games were played

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

CATEGORIES: We'll be ranking the top 20 prospects.

- The top 5 will be "Top Prospects"
- The second 5 will be "Second-Tier"
- The third 5 "Projects"
- The fourth 5 will be "Suspects"
- The remaining 5 prospects who made it into the poll, but were not voted into the top-20 will be listed as "Honorable Mentions," their order being determined by how many votes they got in the last round.

GRADUATED: Carl Hagelin, Mats Zuccarello
TRADED AWAY: Steven Delisle, Blake Parlett
UNSIGNED: Jyri Niemi, Peter Ceresnak, Shane McColgan

ADDITIONS: Michael Kantor, Josh Nicholls, Tommy Hughes, Adam Tambellini, Pavel Buchnevich, Anthony Duclair, Ryan Graves, Mackenzie Skapski.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
Left Wing
Born Apr 30 1991 -- Boxford, MA
Height 6.03 -- Weight 230 -- Shoots L

2012-13 New York Rangers NHL 23 2 1 3 6PIM

Chris_Kreider_21_590x390.jpg

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I can see voting for anyone except Skjei in this round. Went with Lindberg because he's shown the most progress, which is important for a prospect.

Add Marek Hrivik.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
I think pretty much all these guys are very close. I went with McIlrath because he's the hardest one to replace in the group.

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
I chose McIlrath, because I feel if all of these players hit their peak potential, he'd have the biggest impact.

Add Boo.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Miller is beyond overrated around here. Dubinsky-lite.

Voted McIlrath because he fills a role in our prospect depths that no one can fill like he does. Maybe Noreau, but not even close to what McI brings.

1. Kreider 2. McI 3. Lindberg 4. Miller IMO. But, I know that's an unfavorable opinion around these parts.

Add boo.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Miller is beyond overrated around here. Dubinsky-lite.

Voted McIlrath because he fills a role in our prospect depths that no one can fill like he does. Maybe Noreau, but not even close to what McI brings.

1. Kreider 2. McI 3. Lindberg 4. Miller IMO. But, I know that's an unfavorable opinion around these parts.

Add boo.

If Miller turns out to be anything like Dubi, who was a 50 point guy at his peak, putting him top 2 on the prospect rankings isn't overrated at all.

And watching Miller play is a bit like Stepan was. A guy who you didn't think was impressive at all, then you look at the scoresheet and he is all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad