Prospect Info: Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #5

Who is the Sens #5 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020

1- Drake Batherson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #1)
2- Josh Norris (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #2)
3- Erik Brannstrom (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #3)
4- Logan Brown (Prospect Info: - Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #4)

Tell me when I should add a prospect to the poll options

As we have been doing the last decade+, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o)

NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future

Players still in the organization who graduated since last year :

Christian Wolanin turned 25 y/o
Marcus Högberg turned 25 y/o
Nick Paul turned 25 y/o
Christian Jaros has 76 NHL games
Jayce Hawryluk has 68 NHL games

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strenght, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA in priority among these players?

Prospects to be added :

Angus Crookshank
Jonathan Gruden
Jonathan Davidsson
Jonny Tychonick
Kevin Mandolese
Olle Alsing
Max Lajoie
Parker Kelly
Maxence Guénette
Jakov Novak
Mark Kastelic
Jonathan Aspirot
Jean-Christophe Beaudin
Andreas Englund

And the longshots that won't probably get ranked (as usual we won't get many votes at that stage)

Christopher Wilkie
Michael Carcone
Viktor Lodin
Luke Loheit

Last edited:

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I have a feeling the majority will vote Formenton, and that would be a good choice, but I have to say Pinto had a very impressive season last year and definitely shot up the ranks in my opinion.

Reactions: WaitingInVain

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I have a feeling the majority will vote Formenton, and that would be a good choice, but I have to say Pinto had a very impressive season last year and definitely shot up the ranks in my opinion.

IMO it's going to be JBD and Formenton and then we're entering a close tier of Pinto, Thomson and Balcers. Abramov should then close up the top-10 which is pretty cool BEFORE a draft where we have so many high and quality picks.

Reactions: Smeddy

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Dark horse vote for Balcers here. His numbers were very good in the AHL for his shortened season there. And i like the non-scoresheet parts of his game slightly better than Formenton's.

Add Davidsson

Reactions: Sensinitis

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Dark horse vote for Balcers here. His numbers were very good in the AHL for his shortened season there. And i like the non-scoresheet parts of his game slightly better than Formenton's.

Add Davidsson
Really?...... I mean if youre going to like him more its because you see a higher end offensive upside but Formenton brings far more to the table.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Really?...... I mean if youre going to like him more its because you see a higher end offensive upside but Formenton brings far more to the table.
Yeah i rethought this immediately after i wrote it too. I like Balcers positioning and net drive. He looks more to me like an NHLer right now and I think hes going to transition into an NHL career just fine. Formenton is the better defensive player though and I love the way he tracks down pucks. I find I really like them both for intangibles, but for totally different intangibles.

Crazy to think Formenton might be like our 7th or 8th best prospects after this draft. Such insane prospect depth right now.

Reactions: NB613

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
This kind of ranking starts to get interesting

Some of these guys are guaranteed NHL players. Sone of these guys have a ton of talent but might not become NHL players.

Brown has an incredible skill level but he's going to need to figure out how to compete harder to be an NHL player imo

Reactions: WaitingInVain

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
This kind of ranking starts to get interesting

Some of these guys are guaranteed NHL players. Sone of these guys have a ton of talent but might not become NHL players.

Brown has an incredible skill level but he's going to need to figure out how to compete harder to be an NHL player imo

I don't think he will ever play the ideal way that people would like. He is a pure/finesse guy in the mold of Jason Spezza and Bobby Ryan. His NHL success will depend on who he plays with and how much he is able to exploit his skillset. Power skating would help too but he is not going to be a Ryan Getzlaf IMO.

If he already had a "high compete level" and even better skating, he would be a blue chipper and our #1 prospect.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't think he will ever play the ideal way that people would like. He is a pure/finesse guy in the mold of Jason Spezza and Bobby Ryan. His NHL success will depend on who he plays with and how much he is able to exploit his skillset. Power skating would help too but he is not going to be a Ryan Getzlaf IMO.

If he already had a "high compete level" and even better skating, he would be a blue chipper and our #1 prospect.
But then we probably wouldn’t have gotten him at 11. Or was it 12?

Reactions: TheDebater

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

The lasting image i have of him is watching him watch a 2 against 1 puck battle from 10 feet away hoping our guy would win and get him the puck. It really wasn't a good look and i can't imagine it plays well with DJ. He's great with the puck, but away from the puck you have to compete.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Snoozing big time on Forms here. He put together a fantastic rookie season in a substantially tougher league

Reactions: OD99

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
But then we probably wouldn’t have gotten him at 11. Or was it 12?

Of course, if Brown wasn't the long-term project he was and if he had a better compete level with better skating, you're talking about a much better prospect that would have went much higher, probably top-5 after Matthews and Laine.

The lasting image i have of him is watching him watch a 2 against 1 puck battle from 10 feet away hoping our guy would win and get him the puck. It really wasn't a good look and i can't imagine it plays well with DJ. He's great with the puck, but away from the puck you have to compete.

An elite puck retriever ala Stone would look great on Brown's wing... Plus imagine Tkachuk on the other side.

Formenton-Stutzle-Raymond
Tkachuk-Brown-Stone
Duclair-Norris-Batherson

lol

If he was all that, he would be Columbus' blue chip prospect right now, maybe even Winnipeg's...

Edit: @Burrowsaurus beat me to it.

Matthews and Laine still go 1-2 IMO but yeah, he would be playing on the Jackets or Oilers at the moment. Hard to say bc Dubois and Puuljarvi were elite prospects too but yeah, he wouldn't have fell to the Sens.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I see it as:
JBD>Thomson>Formenton>Pinto

Pinto is moving up fast though and I think he can be a force in the NHL.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Of course, if Brown wasn't the long-term project he was and if he had a better compete level with better skating, you're talking about a much better prospect that would have went much higher, probably top-5 after Matthews and Laine.

An elite puck retriever ala Stone would look great on Brown's wing... Plus imagine Tkachuk on the other side.

Formenton-Stutzle-Raymond
Tkachuk-Brown-Stone
Duclair-Norris-Batherson

lol

Matthews and Laine still go 1-2 IMO but yeah, he would be playing on the Jackets or Oilers at the moment. Hard to say bc Dubois and Puuljarvi were elite prospects too but yeah, he wouldn't have fell to the Sens.
Spent a lot of time watching raymond yesterday. He looks like a mini stone. Which I guess is why the marner comparisons make sense

Reactions: Xspyrit

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
don’t think he has the hockey sense to play top 6. Lots to like, think he’s an excellent 3rd line LW who can jump around the lineup
Form stepped up his offensive game big time last year. Played pk, pp always on at end of 1 goal games, would have been rookie of the year if not for norris.

Before last year he seemed like might only be bottom 6 energy guy. This year he showed he can score, playmake, defend and forecheck better than almost anyone.

Top 6 is Forms destiny

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad