GDT: Prospect G1: CHI @ Wild 7pm CT (stream at CHI website)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

cut.jpg

cut.png

Not even guessing on the lines.

The game is free and open to the public.

65350843.jpg

Let go Wild

I'll try and post the stream link (or video) in the GDT. But I might not be on, so if a mod finds it first please do the edit.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
CHI has some nice D prospects. Del Maestro, Phillips( I thought he was a NHL'er already?), Korchinski, Allan.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Reichel will be the one to test our D and Wallstedt, he looked great for them last camp and is ready for a big year in the NHL, he is the measuring stick for our guys IMO.

Reactions: yzerman

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Besides obvious ones, I’m intrigued to see how Johansson, Milne, Haight & Petrovsky perform. Be great if we can add another legit NHLer from that group

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I get as excited as the next guy to see how our prospects are doing, but these prospect games are a bit of a shitshow. Very few players have familiarity with one another, and the play gets very scrambly as a result.
Rossi and Beckman...I guess you can add Giroux (but I have low expectations for him), and possibly ROR and Lambos together might be the exception. Even the goalies get affected.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
On paper, this seems pretty stacked in our favor, lots of guys pretty far along their development paths, I think our depth at forward is a huge gap, first lines relatively even and then Wild advantage after that. Wallstedt in net is a massive advantage, the D is probably the most similar but even there the depth is really good on the Wild side.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
On paper, this seems pretty stacked in our favor, lots of guys pretty far along their development paths, I think our depth at forward is a huge gap, first lines relatively even and then Wild advantage after that. Wallstedt in net is a massive advantage, the D is probably the most similar but even there the depth is really good on the Wild side.
sounds like a loss is incoming.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I'm not so sure. Most of our top forwards (Ohgren, Yurov, Khusnutdinov) aren't playing, and I think Reichel can match Rossi 1 for 1 in this game. The rest of our depth isn't extraordinary, I think Chicago has a couple pieces on par with us there.

The one spot we've got the dynamite edge in is goaltending, so I think our guys should be able to win it, but I don't think it'll be a blowout.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I'm assuming our top line will be Beckman-Rossi-X, so it's gonna be a pretty fun to watch these two top lines go at it.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

I'm assuming our top line will be Beckman-Rossi-X, so it's gonna be a pretty fun to watch these two top lines go at it.

Holy hell, Blueline Stauber had a kid and he's also a goalie? If he's half as entertaining, this is must watch hockey.

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Holy hell, Blueline Stauber had a kid and he's also a goalie? If he's half as entertaining, this is must watch hockey.

I don't think they teach them to play like that anymore, but maybe it's stuck in the DNA :laugh:

Reactions: BagHead

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
CBH D is huge, and decent defenders at the least. Vlasic, Del Maestro, Allan, Phillips, Korchinski. Reichel is also very, very good. He was one of the guys who really caught my eye last year in the AHL....was over a PPG.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
CBH D is huge, and decent defenders at the least. Vlasic, Del Maestro, Allan, Phillips, Korchinski. Reichel is also very, very good. He was one of the guys who really caught my eye last year in the AHL....was over a PPG.
Reichel definitely caught my eye in this showcase last year, he wasn’t at Boldy’s level but he was very good.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wasn't really overly impressed by any of our guys that period. Good on Wallstedt for keeping it to one goal, hopefully the skaters wake up in the second period here.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Not much to say. Thought Milne had a good neutral zone read to pick off a pass and get the puck in deep. Lambos distributed well. But you can tell they aren't used to playing with each other. Expect passing to get better as game goes on.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wasn't really overly impressed by any of our guys that period. Good on Wallstedt for keeping it to one goal, hopefully the skaters wake up in the second period here.

I noticed #60 for MN in good ways. Nobody else stood out for me.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I noticed #60 for MN in good ways. Nobody else stood out for me.

Yeah I thought Milne was the best, but not great by any means. I was pleasantly surprised by him a couple times, but that might be more because my expectations for most of these guys are pretty low.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah I thought Milne was the best, but not great by any means. I was pleasantly surprised by him a couple times, but that might be more because my expectations for most of these guys are pretty low.

Reichel is on another level compared to any Wild players.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Reichel is on another level compared to any Wild players.

Oh yeah I was just referring to our guys. I knew Reichel would be a problem from watching him last year. He was a guy I really liked at the draft too.

I had a hunch coming in that it was gonna be our goaltending that wins this for us, so far, that still looks like it's going to need to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad