Prospect for Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrivateFubar

Sep 12, 2005
Does anyone else have interest in the Kings at least interviewing Tony Granato for the head coaching position? I think he's a worthy candidate. He seemed to have success with the Avs and as a former player and King, I think he would bring a lot to the table from those perspectives. He sure does appear to be willing to put his team first before his own interests, his decision to stay on after being demoted to assistant coach sure caught me off guard.

PrivateFubar

Sep 12, 2005
KingFan24 said:
Shoot me now.

I guess that's a no. :D

BTW I didn't say we should definitely sign him, I just suggested the Kings interview in hopes of expanding their search beyond guys we've never heard of from places we don't know.

Goallum

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
You guessed right, my friend.

I would just suggest going to the Avs board and asking them what they thought of good old Tony "I whacked Neil Wilkinson on the dome with my stick" Granato as their head coach.

:)

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Id like to see Sean Odonnell (O.D) get a crack with us as an assistant. Think John Stevens maybe on the move with all these open coaching positions available.

It was discussed on one of those podcasts on MayorsManor that Stevens may stick around, because Darryl may retire in a year or two (he's 55). The next 5 years or so, is their a clearly better job? Chicago, Pittsburgh, Detroit and Boston on the same level, but I don't see those opening up, unless he gets the Pens job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad