Injury Report: Prospect Anthony Stolarz (reports: out 4 weeks, skate cut back of leg; 55 stitches)

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Last edited by a moderator:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
At the hospital now. Thank you all for the kind words. Nothing too serious and I'll be looking to get right back on the as soon as I can.
— Anthony Stolarz (@StolieTheGoalie) January 18, 2014

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Might wanna change the thread title. Makes it sound like he almost died or his career is ending.

Seems like it's a pretty harmless injury long-term. Says he's fine in a tweet and even in the video he seems pretty calm about half-way through it. Just a decent amount of blood is all.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Might wanna change the thread title. Makes it sound like he almost died or his career is ending.

Seems like it's a pretty harmless injury long-term. Says he's fine in a tweet and even in the video he seems pretty calm about half-way through it. Just a decent amount of blood is all.

I changed it to represent the article's actual headline. There is another story above from CBS Sports with a video. The user has an option to watch the video or not, depending on the limits of graphic content.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Yikes, that was nasty.

Lucky though, that he didn't hurt any tendons or anything. Could have been a lot worse.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
That looked scary! I'm glad it seems like it's not as serious as it could have been.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
@dstrehleTFP: News Release from @GoLondonKnights says goalie Anthony Stolarz will be out 4 weeks after skate cuts back of the leg. #OHL
4:45pm - 18 Jan 14

Bryzard of Oz

Mar 28, 2012
If it's only 4 weeks then it's nothing too serious. If the tendon was fully cut or something along those lines it would be months.

Pretty grisly though, hope he heal up well

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
that's like 52 more stitches than my personal best

I'm sure that someone else has a better point of reference than me, but I had a solid (to the bone) cut on my arm about 2 inches in length that took 18 stitches. 55 stitches has got to be almost the full width of his calf.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
@dstrehleTFP: Holmgren on @StolieTheGoalie injury: "Word is that he was extremely lucky. He just missed a lot of important parts in there. (1)
9:26pm - 18 Jan 14

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I'm sure that someone else has a better point of reference than me, but I had a solid (to the bone) cut on my arm about 2 inches in length that took 18 stitches. 55 stitches has got to be almost the full width of his calf.

I know it is no record, but I saw a kid back in the early 70's get suckered in a bar fight in Glassboro and ended up with between 4 and 5 hundred in and out stitches to the face by a broken beer pitcher, the blood was just everywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad