proposed trade in Life Time pool

mtibo05

Aug 7, 2007
this is the trade i was proposed in a life time pool. Note that i'm in a bit of reconstruction and to not expect to win for the next 2 to 3 years, so i'm looking and drafting prospects, and this week this trade was offered to me:

Ilya Kovalchuk + Brian Rafalski
for
Colin wilson + Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson + James Van riemsdyk

i would be getting 3 good prospects but are there good enough to replace Kovalchuk....?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I'd have a hard time passing up those three young guys in one trade proposal, even if it is for Kovalchuk. 2 or 3 years from now, when Rafalski is done, those three will more than make up for the loss of Kovie.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
In 2-3 years Rafalski may very well be done. Those are three very good young players that should definitely make up for the loss of Kovalchuk.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Neither of those 3 will replace Rafalski, and Kovalchuk will be racking up points in NJ for years to come.

Tough call, if you have enough at D to move Rafalski then it could pay off in the long run.

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
Tough call but I think that I'd do it. You lose in the short-term but I think the long-term gamble is well worth it.

Yourself

Oct 12, 2010
I would want just a tad more in a trade if that was me. 2nd round pick thrown in? Mid level prospect that has shown some talent in limited time in the bigs. Something like that.

mtibo05

Aug 7, 2007

I would want just a tad more in a trade if that was me. 2nd round pick thrown in? Mid level prospect that has shown some talent in limited time in the bigs. Something like that.

I also proposed to Patrick Elias for is 1 round pick wich is going to be 3 overall. So i could end up getting RNH or Sean Couturier or Gabriel Landeskog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad