Proposal: avalanche and flames

flamer4life

Feb 22, 2012
Cowtown
O'Reilly is so overrated. I'd like to see him replicate that season before throwing the bank at him. Even then, I'd rather have Giordano.

Gio is great, however with the emergence of Brodie, could we afford to have 4 d-men signed to big $$$$$. O'Reilly will be a great 2c that we don't have.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Would rather go for Stastny, would cost a hell of a lot less and IMO would be great under Hartley, we also have a lot of finishers he can try mesh with, which according to avs fans, is his biggest issue

trckrdr

Jan 31, 2013
I don't think I'd want to give up Gio for a player locked in a contract dispute. I might do it if we can send a similarly risky player Colorado's way.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Here's what I'm thinking with Jack Johnson injured

To avalanche
Gio and a 3rd

Flames
O'Reilly and a 2nd

Am I close to let the bashing begin.

I doubt Colorado adds anything...

Giordano - Horak

for

O'Reilly

*Erik Johnson... Jack Johnson plays for CBJ.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Would rather go for Stastny, would cost a hell of a lot less and IMO would be great under Hartley, we also have a lot of finishers he can try mesh with, which according to avs fans, is his biggest issue

This. Although, with O'Reilly being shipped, I doubt the Avalanche will move another centre. Unless they receive one in return, either from trading Stastny or O'Reilly.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Will be traded to the eastern conference.
Wont give a kid with this much upside to a team you play half a dozen times.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Will be traded to the eastern conference.
Wont give a kid with this much upside to a team you play half a dozen times.

The Avs under Gauthier did send us Tanguay and Drury in separate trades so it isn't completely unprecedented, and Gauthier is probably the man still overseeing things in Colorado.

I really love O'Reilly's all-around game and I think he's a future captain, but you have to wonder about a guy who thinks he's worth $5m at this stage of his career (if the media reports are correct) with how he has produced to date.

Gary83*

What you guys are talking about/speculating is essentially the same as us shipping Baertschi off to someone in the NW, except that Baertschi has yet to prove what O'reilly has.

I would absolutely love O'reilly though, sadly I don't see it happening.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I am not the biggest Giordano fan, but trading him will create a bigger hole on the blueline than we have down the middle right now.

Tanguay is playing pretty well as a centerman, except on faceoffs of course, but he has been playing with one of Iginla (51.6%) or Cervenka (57.7%) all season.

Stajan is holding down the fort as the #2 center. He has been good in both ends of the rink and is about 50% on faceoffs currently.

Jones is ideally the #4 center but he has been playing well, he has been generating energy and chances while actually winning some faceoffs (58.1% :amazed:)

Backlund is probably gone another month and will replace Horak/Street when he comes back. If the Flames feel the need to acquire a center I would prefer they go after a clear cut #3 center that can kill penalties and win faceoffs. Someone that will cost much less to acquire than O'Reilly.

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012
if ROR agrees to a contract first then

ROR 2nd

for

Gio Nemisz

then

Butler, Comeau and Breen

for

Ference and 5th

Healthy

Cammy ROR Iginla
Hudler Tanguay Cervenka
Glencross Backlund Baertschi
Jackman Jones Stempniak

Bouwmeester Ference
Wideman Brodie
Smith Sarich
CArson

right now

Cammy ROR Iginla
Hudler Tanguay CErvenka
Glencross Horak Stempniak
Jackman Jones Begin

same D

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010

ROR 2nd

for

Gio Nemisz

then

Butler, Comeau and Breen

for

Ference and 5th

Healthy

Cammy ROR Iginla
Hudler Tanguay Cervenka
Jackman Jones Stempniak

Bouwmeester Ference
Wideman Brodie
Smith Sarich
CArson

right now

Cammy ROR Iginla
Hudler Tanguay CErvenka
Jackman Jones Begin

same D

I think we should hang out to Breen, he's been impressing lately and his size is also a great addition to our blue line in the future.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The Avs under Gauthier did send us Tanguay and Drury in separate trades so it isn't completely unprecedented, and Gauthier is probably the man still overseeing things in Colorado.

I really love O'Reilly's all-around game and I think he's a future captain, but you have to wonder about a guy who thinks he's worth $5m at this stage of his career (if the media reports are correct) with how he has produced to date.

Tanguay and Drury's original trades. Seems like a million years ago.
Not the same NHL we live in anymore.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

ROR 2nd

for

Gio Nemisz

then

Butler, Comeau and Breen

for

Ference and 5th

Healthy

Cammy ROR Iginla
Hudler Tanguay Cervenka
Jackman Jones Stempniak

Bouwmeester Ference
Wideman Brodie
Smith Sarich
CArson

right now

Cammy ROR Iginla
Hudler Tanguay CErvenka
Jackman Jones Begin

same D

I've fallen into a time warp!
Help

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I'm not sure it's O'Reilly's fault for the contract stall. The Avs aren't exactly spending to the cap and perhaps they low-balled the hell out of O'Reilly.

I think he should make 4 million - 4.25 million.

If he accepted that deal in principle I would low ball the Avs because they have no leverage. And you know 29 other clubs are low balling them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad