Pronman's Top 155 under 23 - 2020

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
It is in fact a list with names on it. Not my favorite prospect racking I've seen.

Screenshot_20201022-095938.png

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
The Hart ranking is almost as laughable as the Howden ranking.

The Howden ranking is truly mindblowing.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
The idea of a journalist scout, being able to rank 155 players with any sense of accuracy is laughable lol. Why not just do a top 30 or something lol.
It's blatantly obvious he can't even do a top 5 right. Cale Makar, one of the best skaters in the NHL is barely a better skater than Tyson Jost according to this genius. Meanwhile, Jost's skating is barely average for a guy his size. That says it all.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
It's blatantly obvious he can't even do a top 5 right. Cale Makar, one of the best skaters in the NHL is barely a better skater than Tyson Jost according to this genius. Meanwhile, Jost's skating is barely average for a guy his size. That says it all.

Yeah from a Habs perspective I'm not sure why Mete or Poehling are on this list but whatever.

Reactions: Sick Nuzuki

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
This place is gonna explode cause Matthews is #1.

Don't take it personally people, it's just a ranking, he didn't run over your dog (at least I hope he didn't).

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
At least he got the #1 spot right...

Pretty laughable that Miro Heiskanen is 14 though, when I'd have top 5 at bare minimum.

Reactions: The Colonel

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Matthews in the generational/special bubble.

Quick! Check the Matthews poll for generational votes to find Pronman's burner account. :sarcasm:

Agree that Heiskanen is too low, but Pronman's never had much appreciation for off-the-puck intelligence. So par for the course with him.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Both Tkachuk are too high, Svechnikov should be like #3, Matthews should drop down to #5 or so, Makar, where is Makar ?, Heiskanen..

What a shitty list.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Heiskanen, Makar and Q. Hughes too low. I don't think anyone would take J. Hughes, Kakko, Laine or the Tkachuks over them. All three are better than Dahlin, too.

Hart at 47 is an absolute joke as well.

Efectzoer

Jun 22, 2018
Heiskanen, Makar and Q. Hughes too low. I don't think anyone would take J. Hughes, Kakko, Laine or the Tkachuks over them. All three are better than Dahlin, too.

Hart at 47 is an absolute joke as well.
This ranking is based on their future career. Not what they have done to date.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Both Tkachuk are too high, Svechnikov should be like #3, Matthews should drop down to #5 or so, Makar, where is Makar ?, Heiskanen..

What a shitty list.
Matthews should be 5? You are joking right. You know the guy 2nd in goals since he entered the league playing in the NHL when most guys are still in junior or other leagues, plays a premium position. The list has its flaws, but Matthews being at 5 is worse opinion than any ranking of this list. It's pretty clear he belongs at the spot he got.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Mukhamadullin at 125, despite him being the 57th best prospect in his pre-draft rankings tells me what I need to know re: Pronman's rigor here. Might as well just combine all the drafts and rank order by the player's draft position.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Matthews should be 5? You are joking right. You know the guy 2nd in goals since he entered the league playing in the NHL when most guys are still in junior or other leagues, plays a premium position. The list has its flaws, but Matthews being at 5 is worse opinion than any ranking of this list. It's pretty clear he belongs at the spot he got.
No kidding....Mathew is easily #1.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Matthews at #1 is obvious. After that I'd have Pettersen and Svechnikov, followed by the four of Dahlin/Heiskanen/Hughes/Makar. Makar is my favourite of the bunch, but pick your poison IMO. The next batch of Norris contenders shouldn't be down in the teens with Brady Tkachuk. Brady is going to be a damn good player, going to give the Leafs fits for years, but a winger has got to be on a whole different level to beat out the elite D of the league. I think Svechnikov will be on that level, but I don't see it the rest. Maybe you can squeeze Lafrenierre in there as well, but I won't pencil in a guy who hasn't played an NHL game yet.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Mukhamadullin at 125, despite him being the 57th best prospect in his pre-draft rankings tells me what I need to know re: Pronman's rigor here. Might as well just combine all the drafts and rank order by the player's draft position.

I also noticed that and gave me pause

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Ok so it's not actually a ranking of U23 players, it's a ranking of players eligible for the 2016 draft and later?
Yes, that’s why Matthews and the rest are included. There has to be a cut off point somewhere and the draft is actually how we organize players anyway.

Reactions: deflowd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad