News Article: Pronman's top 150 that are U23

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Reminds me of university and a guy with the last name Friends. His nickname was Hasno
I feel like those parents have to be either the cruelest parents on earth, the most clueless parents on earth, or the funniest parents on earth. One of the three.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I feel like those parents have to be either the cruelest parents on earth, the most clueless parents on earth, or the funniest parents on earth. One of the three.
No no....it was a nickname

That's what the boys in residence called him

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
This is why i think you are missing his point, notwithstanding you typed out what his point is.

It's a career projection but you seem to be disputing it based on current development

It's fine to dispute it, it's your rationale for disputing it that says to me you're not getting it

As an example
Take a math prof. He taught a student for 4 years that has graduated and has 2 years experience under their belt. But there's a freshmanthat he teaches that is mathematically brilliant. Asked which has the brightest future, answering the graduate and attributing it to the more currently polished resume is the wrong reason for validating your choice.

That's kinda what you're doing

Weird, I don't know why you keep repeating that I am missing the point when I said the same thing yesterday about people that didn't read the OP and were really missing the point (check that thread on the main board)

All I am doing is questionning his prediction that Greig will have a better career than these guys. As I said, he could end up being right (in that case I would be wrong) and maybe Greig has a better career than all of JBD, Pinto and Brown but until proven otherwise, I don't see it happening.

The "current development" point is that Greig has really big strides to make before you could project him better than these guys. Obviously, he sees that happening whereas I don't.

I'll make an hyperbole to make you understand even more. It's like that poster saying that Sokolov will end up being a better player than pretty much everybody on the Sens. I mean, it could happen but it's extremely unlikely. Remember, this is an hyperbole. Obviously, it's not as outrageous to think that Greig will end up better than JBD/Pinto/Brown.

So what is wrong with questionning his opinion with my opinion?

I think you are really missing that point.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Weird, I don't know why you keep repeating that I am missing the point when I said the same thing yesterday about people that didn't read the OP and were really missing the point (check that thread on the main board)

All I am doing is questionning his prediction that Greig will have a better career than these guys. As I said, he could end up being right (in that case I would be wrong) and maybe Greig has a better career than all of JBD, Pinto and Brown but until proven otherwise, I don't see it happening.

The "current development" point is that Greig has really big strides to make before you could project him better than these guys. Obviously, he sees that happening whereas I don't.

I'll make an hyperbole to make you understand even more. It's like that poster saying that Sokolov will end up being a better player than pretty much everybody on the Sens. I mean, it could happen but it's extremely unlikely. Remember, this is an hyperbole. Obviously, it's not as outrageous to think that Greig will end up better than JBD/Pinto/Brown.

So what is wrong with questionning his opinion with my opinion?

I think you are really missing that point.

There is ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY NOTHING WRONG with questioning his opinion

It's WHY you are questioning it and i quoted why

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
There is ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY NOTHING WRONG with questioning his opinion

It's WHY you are questioning it and i quoted why

So why do we have to exchange several messages about it? I mean, it was clear right from the start that I think he's a bit too high on Greig (top-155 for U-23 players in the WHOLE NHL is pretty high praise, it means U-23 top-5 on the average NHL team). But I also recognized that he could be right.

I mean, if I say that Angus Crookshank will end up better than Batherson and Stutzle, you will be questionning my prediction, no? Nothing in their current development paths suggests that I could be right.

Maybe I am not clear enough on "development paths"? I don't see Greig doing exceptionnal stuff on his path to the NHL that would suggest he will end up having a better career. And after that, I don't see him end up as a better player.

I am projecting too but yes, things could change like it did with Pinto. So until Greig proves me otherwise, I am projecting a better career for JBD/Pinto/Brown. There's really nothing more than that

PS : regarding your math analogy. In your example, the younger student has more potential and should end up better than the other guy. But in our actual conversation, the roles are reversed. The younger student (Greig) has LESS potential, the other guy (JBD/Brown/Pinto) has more capabilities and has been proving it so far. The younger student will have to boom in a major way to surpass the older student. At the moment, it doesn't look likely.

Last edited:

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
We could have had Cole Perfetti at number 19. A franchise center. Another fiasco by cheep Melnyk. Not to draft again a future superstar. And Sanderson is 56)))))))) Ridiculous to look at. But I totally agree with his assessment.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
We could have had Cole Perfetti at number 19. A franchise center. Another fiasco by cheep Melnyk. Not to draft again a future superstar. And Sanderson is 56)))))))) Ridiculous to look at. But I totally agree with his assessment.

A lot of teams passed on Perfetti. They might all look like fools, us included. But clearly a number of teams saw concerns.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

All the more reason to not pay any attention to the list.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You agreeing likely means the person is wrong in all aspects

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

This stale “Uncle Eugene is cheep and won’t draft superstars” blabbering needs to be stopped ...

Even if we was cheep, he’d get more selling off a superstar ... so the whole comment is pointless.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

We reached on Sanderson I hope it works out and we all look like fools like we did on tkachuk but that list is stupid along with the guy who made it , it definitely shouldn’t change how you feel about our prospects for better or worse

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00