Salary Cap: projecting next years lineup/cap situation

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
So maybe we are about to lose the season

I saw some people doing line combos in the cap thread... i dont want to give up this season, but im starting to have to face that possibility. I just hope when things pick up again the team still looks similar to now without 23 new faces to cheer for,

so im going to assume reason prevails... the union doesnt decertify... the contracts arent all declared null and void... a 50% split is agreed to... the cap does go down... and then im going to project how would this effect the team... so here goes...

first... i think all expensive ufa will have to be let walk... horton/thomas/ference all command too much money to be affordable. khobodin could be brought back if hes affordable though

second... i do want to factor soderberg into the equation so apologize to everyone that it will tick off in advance

third... i am always a dreamer when it comes to the kids making the team... so im going to factor in some of them too. after all, they all have another year now to develop

with that in mind heres a possible 23 man lineup with salaries included

Tyler Seguin 5.75/David Krecji 5.25/Milan Lucic 6
Rich Peverly 3.25/Patrice Bergeron 5/Brad Marchand 4.5
Jordon Caron RFA/Chris Kelly 3/Carl Soderberg RFA
Jared Knight .87/Ryan Spooner .87/Gregory Campbell 1.6
Shawn Thornton 1.1/Danial Paille 1.3

Dougie Hamilton 1.494,167/Zdeno Chara 6.916,667
Johnny Boychuck 3,366,337/Dennis Siedenberg 3,25
Adam McQuaid 1,566,667/Torey Krug 1,704,167
Tommy Cross .875

Tukka Rask RFA
Anton Khubodin UFA

we have 4 guys unsigned... and the total dollars committed are 51,999.677

my thoughts about new contracts... could get all 4 guys signed for under 60 million...
in the new NHL... rask tops out at around 5 mill i think... no one will go higher then that... sodeberg is a wildcard but we dont bring him ove unless hes at 2 mill or lower... caron might get a raise... might not... khobodin could go to khl but if he does then get someone else... we dont have more then around 1.2 mill in the budget for whoever we end up with

anyhow this is my realistic look at the lineup... im going to have more fun and do another one with some suggested changes for improvements next

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
my two suggested improvements are...

wonder what robyn regher and brenden morrow want as ufa... wonder if theyd want to play for the B's

wonder if rich peverly and johnny boychuck are tradable...

if regher and morrow would be as cheap/cheaper for a cap hit...

imho regher is a better partner for hamilton... being a lh shot and all

morrow replaces some of the grit/size we lose in horton... not that hes huge but he plays tougher then peverly.

it creates alot of lh shots up front... but i think these two moves address leadership problems created when ference leaves... and help team toughness that also suffers when horton/ference leave

seguin/hamilton developing takes care of adding skill to the team

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Having Soderberg on the roster enables you to trade David Krejci for a defenceman or winger.

it does... but it opens a real hole up front for scoring depth if soderberg doesnt hit the ground on the run...

i think dealing krecji waits for another year... bergeron is 1 year away from ufa now. get him signed and let soderberg have at least half a season before i support moving krecji for a dman

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
it does... but it opens a real hole up front for scoring depth if soderberg doesnt hit the ground on the run...

i think dealing krecji waits for another year... bergeron is 1 year away from ufa now. get him signed and let soderberg have at least half a season before i support moving krecji for a dman
Fair enough. But you should consider the depth the team has at centre. Spooner will have a year of pro hockey under his cup. Ditto for Koklachev. Of course they will be ML rookies, but one of them, particularly Spoons could move into a key pivot role with his speed, playmaking skills and ability on the half wall on the PP.

On another note, Anthony Camara could come in and challenge Caron for a third line RW slot in Training Camp.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Thornton, Boychuk, Horton, Caron will all be gone.

Paille-Campbell-MacDermid
Lucic-Krejci-Khokhlachev
Peverley-Spooner-Seguin
Marchand-Bergeron-Kelly

Hamilton-Chara
Seidenberg-Chudinov
Ference-McQuaid

Rask
Khudo

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Fair enough. But you should consider the depth the team has at centre. Spooner will have a year of pro hockey under his cup. Ditto for Koklachev. Of course they will be ML rookies, but one of them, particularly Spoons could move into a key pivot role with his speed, playmaking skills and ability on the half wall on the PP.

On another note, Anthony Camara could come in and challenge Caron for a third line RW slot in Training Camp.

im very pleased how camara is developing... reminds me how marchand came out of nowhere

id love to see the guys prove themselves at the nhl level before we make alot of moves though... letting horton/ference go and replacing with kids is risky and if we let peverly/boychuck go to thats a heck of a lot of our cup winning team gone

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Thornton, Boychuk, Horton, Caron will all be gone.

Paille-Campbell-MacDermid
Lucic-Krejci-Khokhlachev
Peverley-Spooner-Seguin
Marchand-Bergeron-Kelly

Hamilton-Chara
Seidenberg-Chudinov
Ference-McQuaid

Rask
Khudo

That's an....interesting line order.

There's no way Boychuk goes without us getting another defenseman back. Chudinov is more than a pipe dream, you're probably talking Krug there.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
maybe jacobs will rig the lockout season draft for the B's and we don't have to worry about chudinov or krug. seth jones to the b's and plays right away along with dougie, chara, boychuk, seidenberg and mcquaid.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
my two suggested improvements are...

wonder what robyn regher and brenden morrow want as ufa... wonder if theyd want to play for the B's

wonder if rich peverly and johnny boychuck are tradable...

if regher and morrow would be as cheap/cheaper for a cap hit...

imho regher is a better partner for hamilton... being a lh shot and all

morrow replaces some of the grit/size we lose in horton... not that hes huge but he plays tougher then peverly.

it creates alot of lh shots up front... but i think these two moves address leadership problems created when ference leaves... and help team toughness that also suffers when horton/ference leave

seguin/hamilton developing takes care of adding skill to the team

Peverley is untouchable IMO he brings too much skill and scoring to our 3rd line.

No clue how any Bruins fan can bash him the second we swapped Blake the flake for him the team went on to win the cup. Guy is a legend and in his prime at a fair deal. I let Horton and his 10 second release walk a million times before I move Pevs.

Regehr is a good call but I see him as a hit or miss signing. Lots of talk he has lost some of his mobility though. I think he is a guy you sign and hope he plays on the second pairing and doesn't end up stuck with Adam McQuaid on the third.

If you get good Regehr he is a good partner for Hamilton. Boychuk most likely leaves if that happens. But who is the second pairing, Regehr-Hamilton or Ference-McQuaid?

I think the Ference-Boychuk second pairing isn't that big an issues and we can win with that. I hope McQuaid and Hamilton can be trusted on the third together in the playoffs. I don't see PC having any urgency to add D men. He's got plenty of back up options on the farm in Johnson, Ex, Krug, Warso as well.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Peverley is untouchable IMO he brings too much skill and scoring to our 3rd line.

No clue how any Bruins fan can bash him the second we swapped Blake the flake for him the team went on to win the cup. Guy is a legend and in his prime at a fair deal. I let Horton and his 10 second release walk a million times before I move Pevs.

Regehr is a good call but I see him as a hit or miss signing. Lots of talk he has lost some of his mobility though. I think he is a guy you sign and hope he plays on the second pairing and doesn't end up stuck with Adam McQuaid on the third.

If you get good Regehr he is a good partner for Hamilton. Boychuk most likely leaves if that happens. But who is the second pairing, Regehr-Hamilton or Ference-McQuaid?

I think the Ference-Boychuk second pairing isn't that big an issues and we can win with that. I hope McQuaid and Hamilton can be trusted on the third together in the playoffs. I don't see PC having any urgency to add D men. He's got plenty of back up options on the farm in Johnson, Ex, Krug, Warso as well.

i dont know if id call peverly a legend.... a good hard working 2 way center maybe...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad