Projected Snipers in 2006 Entry Draft

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
In the goal scoring department I'd rank Michael Grabner above Kyle Okposo.

For me

1. Phill Kessel
2. Peter Mueller
3. Bryan Little
4. Michael Grabner
5. Mike Forney

Firewagon

Jan 26, 2006
I wanted to see what others thought before posting my own musings.

Of the players being touted as the top 5 picks,
I only see Kessel as a pure scorer.
Outside that group I see Tlusty and Mueller.

CH Wizard

hovercraft said:
what about derrick brassard

Brassard can score...but he's a playmaker and has elite playmaking skills imo. I wouldn't even rank him...in the top 10 snipers in this draft class.

HoverCarle*

The Great One said:
Brassard can score...but he's a playmaker and has elite playmaking skills imo. I wouldn't even rank him...in the top 10 snipers in this draft class.

ive been hearing he has bullet of a shot.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Mueller definitely has to be up there, even if he didn't put up huge numbers in the goal department.

One NHL scout to me about a week ago: "Mueller might be more of a natural scorer than Phil Kessel." :eek:

Seriously- probably some smoke and mirrors on his part, but it warranted mentioning.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Mathieu Roy - 50 goals in the Q. Was the surprise last year not getting drafted, scouts wanted to see consistency. 104 points, 51 goals. That's consistent.

CH Wizard

Jon Prescription said:
Grabner is rising up the charts. Kid might go top 15.

random thought...

it'd be weird seeing someone with 14 assists getting drafted in the top 15

Last edited by a moderator:

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
insider said:
Mathieu Roy - 50 goals in the Q. Was the surprise last year not getting drafted, scouts wanted to see consistency. 104 points, 51 goals. That's consistent.

In addition to your comments, he was probably not watched a great deal either last season. He played with the Titans, who were BRUTAL in 04-05. I can attest that the viewing veranda where some scouts sit during the games in Moncton was empty almost every single time the Titans came into down. They just didn't generate much interested.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Matt MacInnis said:
In addition to your comments, he was probably not watched a great deal either last season. He played with the Titans, who were BRUTAL in 04-05. I can attest that the viewing veranda where some scouts sit during the games in Moncton was empty almost every single time the Titans came into down. They just didn't generate much interested.

Exactly. I remember thinking that he was a future NHLer when he was 16. But he had Patrice Bergeron as his centerman then :sarcasm: . Last season was just brutal. But he's a sniper, and I think will be picked.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Toews--great shot/shooting efficiency...needs to use it more--that confidence was starting to come this spring as he got better as North Dakota advanced to the Frozen Four and he became a "go to guy"...

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
hovercraft said:
ive been hearing he has bullet of a shot.

not really... There's a lot of players with a better scoring ability in this year's draft. But Brassard is one heck of a player. Elite hockey sense and speed, with great skills too.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
FWIW, Bryan Little was named the player with the best shot in the OHL Eastern Conference Coaches Poll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad