Projected Points for Sabres forwards????

Mattykerr91

May 4, 2014
Assuming Eichel and Reinhart are both in Buffalo this year lets project their goals and points totals we can include Kane and Ennis also......for me i'd guess

Eichel 20 goals 50 points i think is reasonable to think,
Kane 30 goals 55 points would be solid maybe a little high
Reinhart 15 goals and 35 points might be a bit high hard to really project him though
Ennis 20 goals 50 again, maybe potential for close to 30 goals, or close to 60 points

as i re-look at these its prolly wishful thinking but im curious to hear other opinions:)

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Eichel (20-40-60)
Ennis (19-37-56)
Kane (26-23-49)
Moulson (18-28-46)
Girgensons (21-22-43)
Reinhart (10-32-42)
Ristolainen (11-28-39)

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Eichel (20-40-60)
Ennis (19-37-56)
Kane (26-23-49)
Moulson (18-28-46)
Girgensons (21-22-43)
Reinhart (10-32-42)
Ristolainen (11-28-39)

So like... presuming every guy gets in a full-ish season....

Eichel has an awesome rookie year
Ennis gets 1 fewer goals but 10 more assists while riding on Eichel/Reinhart
Kane breaks 20 goals for the 2nd time, but regresses on overall points
Moulson continues his downward fizzle while riding on Eichel/Reinhart
Girgensens breaks 20 goals for the 1st time, but stays about the same really
Reinhart breaks into the NHL and has a veryfine rookie campaign
Ristolainen has a break out sophomore season, presumably aided by Eichel/Reinhart (seeing how the other forwards are treading water)

That kinda looks as if you expect Eichel and Reinhart to have awesome and very fine, respectively, rookie years, while Risto breaks out as a sophomore and the rest of the forward group remains flat or fizzles.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
So like... presuming every guy gets in a full-ish season....

Eichel has an awesome rookie year
Ennis gets 1 fewer goals but 10 more assists while riding on Eichel/Reinhart
Kane breaks 20 goals for the 2nd time, but regresses on overall points
Moulson continues his downward fizzle while riding on Eichel/Reinhart
Girgensens breaks 20 goals for the 1st time, but stays about the same really
Reinhart breaks into the NHL and has a veryfine rookie campaign
Ristolainen has a break out sophomore season, presumably aided by Eichel/Reinhart (seeing how the other forwards are treading water)

That kinda looks as if you expect Eichel and Reinhart to have awesome and very fine, respectively, rookie years, while Risto breaks out as a sophomore and the rest of the forward group remains flat or fizzles.

I expect a pretty even spread of points around the top 6, but a much higher cumulative point total than last season. I put about 2 seconds of thought into each player's numbers.

For Eichel, I expect a very good rookie season. He's just built to succeed. Reinhart is tough to project this year, but Murray's confidence in him and hearing what he's done during the offseason makes me think he could acclimate quickly.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I expect a pretty even spread of points around the top 6, but a much higher cumulative point total than last season. I put about 2 seconds of thought into each player's numbers.

For Eichel, I expect a very good rookie season. He's just built to succeed. Reinhart is tough to project this year, but Murray's confidence in him and hearing what he's done during the offseason makes me think he could acclimate quickly.

Gottcha.

Guess I just figure if Eichel has that awesome rookie campaign (I'm presuming it too), then at least a couple vets are benefiting from the ride (ie: two of Kane, Girgensens, Ennis and Moulson) rather than holding to last year's results or fizzling.

If Reinhart is NHL ready and also good to rumble for 2C early enough in the season, then I'd see his wings (ie: the other two of Kane, Girgensens, Ennis and Moulson) benefiting from his ride too.

But hey, maybe I'm just living on the wishful thinking cloud where Eichel and Reinhart become the overnight catalysts for dragging everyone else into the post-season in their rookie years? :D

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Gottcha.

Guess I just figure if Eichel has that awesome rookie campaign (I'm presuming it too), then at least a couple vets are benefiting from the ride (ie: two of Kane, Girgensens, Ennis and Moulson) rather than holding to last year's results or fizzling.

If Reinhart is NHL ready and also good to rumble for 2C early enough in the season, then I'd see his wings (ie: the other two of Kane, Girgensens, Ennis and Moulson) benefiting from his ride too.

But hey, maybe I'm just living on the wishful thinking cloud where Eichel and Reinhart become the overnight catalysts for dragging everyone else into the post-season in their rookie years? :D

I expect Eichel to elevate the game and production of other players when he is scoring 80-90pts annually, but until then, I think most of the top 6 will be a pretty even field. The vets will support Eichel and Reinhart and vice versa.

Until one or both of them are dominant centers, I don't see their wingers getting a huge boost in points. Though, even if nobody takes a big leap in production, they'll be going from two or three ~45pt players to several between 40-60 pts.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Way too early. Who knows, some of the current Sabres won't even be Sabres when the season starts.
I'm anxious for the season to start, too. But this thread is premature.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad