Projected Lines NHL.com

RufusG

May 23, 2017
I think you're stretching this a bit, just as I was stretching the "breakaway a game" comment. I watch the same games you do, he doesn't have a bad shot, just not a Perlini shot by any means.

I didn't think "a breakaway a game" was much of a stretch if any. I seem to remember games he had two or three.

He's not Boedker bad (skate big circle behind the net then lose puck). I just wish he had more confidence in his finish and just went in point blank more. Because he doesn't have that Perlini laser.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Looks as if I'm the lone holdout on wanting to play Domi and Duke together. Might be a hill I choose to die on (I'll find a new hill if/when the combination doesn't produce anymore).

A lot of people have the wrong goal. The goal, for me, is to maximize Domi's production rather than maximize Duclair's production. Duclair might be a drag on Domi due to his lack of skill without the puck and on defense.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Looks as if I'm the lone holdout on wanting to play Domi and Duke together. Might be a hill I choose to die on (I'll find a new hill if/when the combination doesn't produce anymore).

I'm not against them playing together, I think it's fine. I just don't think it has to be a necessity. If Duclair absolutely has to play with Domi to be successful, then he needs to be traded in my opinion. But I have a feeling he'll be fine even if he's not with Domi full time this year because there's finally going to be some more skill in the lineup.

Domi-Stepan-Fischer
Perlini-Dvorak-Keller
Crouse-Strome-Duclair
Martinook-Cousins-Rieder/McGinn

Those are my ideal lines, at least before camp starts and we see what happens there. If Strome, Keller, Fischer are all ready for full time duty, which I think they will be, then it's going to be really interesting with this log jam. If those three guys are ready then we almost have to trade 2 wingers for 1 to make it work. Trade two of Duclair/Rieder/McGinn for one RH RW and then everything fits.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
A lot of people have the wrong goal. The goal, for me, is to maximize Domi's production rather than maximize Duclair's production. Duclair might be a drag on Domi due to his lack of skill without the puck and on defense.
I like the argument you're making more than the one that I'm accustomed to reading here. I want to see them lined up together for a bit and yeah, 100%, change up the lines with Domi in mind if Duke ain't producing with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad